+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DPS Warriors and Sabos getting the nerf bat

Shield of Telara

Default DPS Warriors and Sabos getting the nerf bat

its true http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-vs-Hot-fixes

once again people might need to use skill to be good at the game rather then exploiting broken skills/mechanic to pretend they have skill

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    its true http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-vs-Hot-fixes

once again people might need to use skill to be good at the game rather then exploiting broken skills/mechanic to pretend they have skill
    People who let me put 5 charges on them, then detonate, then 5 charges again, then detonate will still be scrubs after the nerf.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaz View Post
    People who let me put 5 charges on them, then detonate, then 5 charges again, then detonate will still be scrubs after the nerf.
    wow dumb person missed the point... oh well... 5 bucks says you will make a QQ post about how you got over nerfed when the soul is simply balanced and no longer OP

Without in any way gloating this is vindication for those that have been raising these issues and especially those who worked hard on proving specific talents were broken.
    It's also a sign that Trion have been quietly listening and actually have taken on board some of the top issues which the linked post addresses.

Long may it continue.

Whether or not the Saboteur is overpowered or not (I am not getting into that debate here), it doesn't matter. What matters most is all the *****ing and moaning that has been going on. If your Trion and you see paying customers doing that much complaining, you can bet there will be a change.

This will go on for the life of the game, and each class will see their time come.

Soulwalker

Nice to see Trion listening. Though I am sure that Adam Gershowitz was one of the WAR devs, and we all know how that went...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaz View Post
    You must be doing something wrong. Most people don't get past the first five for me.

Plane Touched

Cast stealth

Cast lost hope, blast charge x5 detonate. If still alive, blinding powder, blast charge x5 detonate. Woot I win.

I play the spec and am glad its getting a much needed nerf.

Maybe now attention will go to fixing damage from other rogue souls rather than the spotlight all on sabo's

Quote Originally Posted by Exelereight View Post
    You must be doing something wrong. Most people don't get past the first five for me.
    What level are you? I used to kill with the first round of 5 charges. Now, that is when the class was overpowered. At higher levels, if you can still do this, I'd like to know how.
    Last edited by Lucinde; 03-23-2011 at 06:07 AM.

Xsi

Quote Originally Posted by Exabyssus View Post
    Cast stealth

Cast lost hope, blast charge x5 detonate. If still alive, blinding powder, blast charge x5 detonate. Woot I win.

I play the spec and am glad its getting a much needed nerf.

Maybe now attention will go to fixing damage from other rogue souls rather than the spotlight all on sabo's
    ^^^ So why didn't your opponent break the incapacitate CC? Or use one of many other defensive options. Or are you talking about the same thing any stealther should have which is initiative?

Trion has already stated the game won't be balanced for just solo play.

Mages need a universal detaunt mechanic against players from a significant loss in damage/healing ability so the fellow healers can react.

It's also already been hinted that warriors CC will be put on the same cooldown and this reference post hints at the two/three warrior abilities that will be adjusted because of their damage output combo.

For Sabos, the ticking comment might mean more of an audio notification since the class is so different from all the others and new players have a severe adjustment on how the Sabo class mechanic works (and how to react).
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

actually the biggest problem with sabo was the infiltrator tree and only in pvp, i doubt they will change anything beyond the bugs that make us do too much dmg in pvp. cause in pve only the blast charge has a bug and it's a very good thing if that fix that. sure it will lower our dps some, but not by much at all since no one stacks 5 blast charges in pve. though i bet they will nerf the 15% bonus dmg from poisons too, so expect a flat 15% less dps on top of the blast charge change.

but considering how low all the other dps specs are, i still bet we will be 300dps over the melee rogues...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Champion

So... I kind of wonder if they're going to make any of the other DPS souls a bit more viable in PvE and PvP, if they're going to "tone down" Sab.

Soulwalker

Default You cant

Quote Originally Posted by Lucinde View Post
    What level are you? I used to kill with the first round of 5 charges. Now, that is when the class was overpowered. At higher levels, if you can still do this, I'd like to know how.
    Past the mid 30's you can't. Obviously that poster is in his/her 20's or lower. After your skill tree on Sab tops out, only increase to charge/detonate damage is limited.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    For Sabos, the ticking comment might mean more of an audio notification since the class is so different from all the others and new players have a severe adjustment on how the Sabo class mechanic works (and how to react).
    That would be amazing if Sab charges made a ticking sound! Ahahaha watch people running in circles

Soulwalker

Is it just me or do i see no buffs to the other rogue roles. A sab nerf with a little warrior nerf but no other type of rogue buffs. I dont see this fixing the issue unless the nerf to warriors are big. Then rogues and warriors will be the low dps while the mages are supreme dps. Oh well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast