+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sabo Nerf means Rogue will be unplayable

Plane Walker

Thumbs down Sabo Nerf means Rogue will be unplayable

At lvl 50, Rogue calling is a joke. The only way to be effective is to be sabo, both for pve and pvp.

Now leaked notes say that Sabo will get nerfed.

Instead of nerfing how about you fix other souls of rogue?
    • Currently, even at level 50, a Riftblade does more RANGE DAMAGE then Marksman and Ranger.
    • Bladedancer is a useless joke build. Only good for solo leveling.
    • Assassin is based on dots, yet no healing debuff, people laugh at his dots
    • Buffing mages Survibility? Best PVP Tanks? Rogues are squishest class atm, make them more useless
    • Putting any points in Riftstalker to stay alive for longer then 10 seconds makes you useless damage wise.
    • Nightblade is a build with identity crisis

The only way you can play rogue at lvl 50 is either Sab or Bard. For PVE add Riftstalker Tank. You can remove all other souls since they are useless.

Now that sab is getting nerfed, all thats left is Bard and Riftsalker for PvE

Telaran

Fail game... Trion has no idea how to balance things...

I grats them... l2balance.

Good thing new games are around the corner. So i couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by d4bidden View Post
    At lvl 50, Rogue calling is a joke. The only way to be effective is to be sabo, both for pve and pvp.

Now leaked notes say that Sabo will get nerfed.

Instead of nerfing how about you fix other souls of rogue?
    • Currently, even at level 50, a Riftblade does more RANGE DAMAGE then Marksman and Ranger.
    • Bladedancer is a useless joke build. Only good for solo leveling.
    • Assassin is based on dots, yet no healing debuff, people laugh at his dots
    • Buffing mages Survibility? Best PVP Tanks? Rogues are squishest class atm, make them more useless
    • Putting any points in Riftstalker to stay alive for longer then 10 seconds makes you useless damage wise.
    • Nightblade is a build with identity crisis

The only way you can play rogue at lvl 50 is either Sab or Bard. For PVE add Riftstalker Tank. You can remove all other souls since they are useless.

Now that sab is getting nerfed, all thats left is Bard and Riftsalker for PvE
    Get ready for the l2p posts.

Personally I'm not happy with the notes. Finally feel like I'm doing something to help as sab in an instance and they're snatching it. As bard...that souls being retired. Been meaning to try mage or warrior anyway. The rest of the rogue tree is laughable to me. I got a secret joy from blowing everything up lol.
    What I eat doesnt make you......*
    Why do you care about what Im doing?

*Thanks RiftMods, i'm sure that my sig was just getting under your skin that you had to bother me...why dont you run along and bother some trolls in those threads?

I play on the pvp server and fully 80% of my guild members play a rogue of some kind

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by BlestSol View Post

Get ready for the l2p posts.

Personally I'm not happy with the notes. Finally feel like I'm doing something to help as sab in an instance and they're snatching it. As bard...that souls being retired. Been meaning to try mage or warrior anyway. The rest of the rogue tree is laughable to me. I got a secret joy from blowing everything up lol.
    People can live in denial and call L2P blablabla, I'm just stating a fact.

I hate playing Sabo, but its the only effective rogue soul. Other souls are a joke. It was also confirmed to even be best rogue pve dps, so for raids I have to go sabo too =.=

It has begun

bye bye rift, you were a great game till you started listening to the 20 or so whiners on the forums
    RIP

Plane Touched

where are these so called leaked notes?

Nerfs only make the playerbase weaker, never stronger. If you watch this forum carefully, you'll notice that people never ask to make a class stronger. They all ask for nerfs.
    Officially owned by Alsbeth the Discordant.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=815027&dateline=13020  88690

Elitists and game programmers think alike; The first thinks the game is too easy, the other nerfs the crap out of them.

Telaran

It's a fact from your point of view, thus an opinion. There are multiple rogues out there who roll something besides Sab and have its uses and actually out DPS Sabs in the same gear and same skill. Basically you're just QQing because they're balancing and tweaking classes and trying to get them balanced all around each other. Is this the last update? Is this how it's going to stay forever? Maybe if you didn't like how the balance was done at first, maybe you should have gone and participated in Alpha/Beta better and backed up your findings with data/information and fixes. Also, many fights have different mechanics that are beneficial to one class over the other.

Go ahead, quit after one update that hasn't gone in yet, go ahead...quit. It's not like they won't be constantly tweaking the game and finding more bugs/things to fix with abilities, no...not at all. THIS IS THE LAST UPDATE FOR RIFT EVER GUYS, EVERRRR.

How old is this game? How many other things have they gotten right and much higher in quality compared to other releases for games? K, thanks.

It's good to see I'm not the only one that finds the Rogue calling laughable. There are only 3 effective souls and I only enjoy using one of them, Sab.

How come Trion can answer the whines of Mages but they consistently dumb down the Warr & Rogue classes? "QQ my d-fence!" Oh no, Mages, oh no. QQ My....entire class.

Od, I can jump on my ranger and score first place in dmg/kills in warfronts and tear through PvE content with the simplistic easy-mode that is ranger.

Telaran

Anyone who says 'learn to play' to this post has no idea what they are talking about. I find it hilarious that rogues are basically the most complained about calling when we do almost no damage.

As for a nerf to saboteur... wtf are you going to nerf? All their damage is after they detonate their charges! We get focused down so fast there are /many/ times that I barely get one or two hits off before I am a corpse. How many times do we have to point out to people we do less damage than they think? Just because they see a big chunk of their life go away doesnt mean we are doing that much damage.

-facepalms-

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kanudil View Post
    It's a fact from your point of view, thus an opinion. There are multiple rogues out there who roll something besides Sab and have its uses and actually out DPS Sabs in the same gear and same skill. Basically you're just QQing because they're balancing and tweaking classes and trying to get them balanced all around each other. Is this the last update? Is this how it's going to stay forever? Maybe if you didn't like how the balance was done at first, maybe you should have gone and participated in Alpha/Beta better and backed up your findings with data/information and fixes. Also, many fights have different mechanics that are beneficial to one class over the other.

Go ahead, quit after one update that hasn't gone in yet, go ahead...quit. It's not like they won't be constantly tweaking the game and finding more bugs/things to fix with abilities, no...not at all. THIS IS THE LAST UPDATE FOR RIFT EVER GUYS, EVERRRR.

How old is this game? How many other things have they gotten right and much higher in quality compared to other releases for games? K, thanks.

How about buffing instead of starting with nerf hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMT View Post
    where are these so called leaked notes?
    they've been removed already, to protect the guilty/innocent (*delete as appropriate)

Patchnotes post #2

Plane Touched

I'd say its fairly safe to assume Charge booster will be nerfed into the ground. Will probably be changed to allow a 6th charge instead of just 5 on the enemy. Also fairly safe to assume they won't benefit from increased poison damage in the assassin tree, or increased physical damage from any trees. Get ready to be a soul that doesn't work with any other souls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast