+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Change- It was needed for pve raids

Rift Disciple

Default Bard Change- It was needed for pve raids

You whiners should realise the change was very needed for the pve raid environment. The aoe heal from one bard was almost enough to outheal several scoures of random damage throughout an encounter. One bard healing the whole raid is simply too much. Also with these changes, raids will likely add more bards for specific groups, meaning the class is overall more wanted in raids.

Setups will be less dps heavy with this and this will show in future encounters. Also healers in general have to look out more.

The change was good and needed, it makes raiding a bit more complex in terms of setup variations.

For PvP, QQ more, or go back to wow and qq there, since you are not able to break the 1800 mark.
    Last edited by Jiav; 03-23-2011 at 01:15 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    You whiners should realise the change was very needed for the pve raid environment. The aoe heal from one bard was almost enough to outheal several scoures of random damage throughout an encounter. One bard healing the whole raid is simply too much. Also with these changes, raids will likely add more bards for specific groups, meaning the class is overall more wanted in raids.

Setups will be less dps heavy with this and this will show in future encounters. Also healers in general have to look out more.

The change was good and needed, it makes raiding a bit more complex in terms of setup variations.

For PvP, QQ more, or go back to wow and qq there, since you are not able to break the 1800 mark.
    lmao betcha anything your like a war main, regardless this change will just push rogues farther farther into the not needed territory, chloro heals will be the dominant aoe healer since bards target range will be on par but without its potency. personally im thinking the pathetic whiner is you, you and your kind are the reason that riftstalker, marksmen, and now bard are being nerfed. go back to playing your smash your face on keyboard warrior plz.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by labotimy View Post
    lmao betcha anything your like a war main, regardless this change will just push rogues farther farther into the not needed territory, chloro heals will be the dominant aoe healer since bards target range will be on par but without its potency. personally im thinking the pathetic whiner is you, you and your kind are the reason that riftstalker, marksmen, and now bard are being nerfed. go back to playing your smash your face on keyboard warrior plz.
    And how many buffs does a cholomancer provide again? Ah, yes.

Plane Walker

And how many buffs does a cholomancer provide again? Ah, yes.
    dude honestly i have a feeling you know nothing about raiding, barding, or anything inbetween. you and your post seem to be beyond ignorant.

Rift Disciple

dude honestly i have a feeling you know nothing about raiding, barding, or anything inbetween. you and your post seem to be beyond ignorant.
    Ah, care to enlighten me? So we can have a discussion about it?

Plane Walker

Ah, care to enlighten me? So we can have a discussion about it?
    nope, having a convo about a soul that someone obv has never played to me seems pointless. youll be fixed on your opinion and more then likely me with mine. point is you pretty much admitted that you dont play the calling, by not refuting my accusation, and therfore you shouldnt be posting in the first place.

Agree with OP.

One bard spamming cadence and and motif to cover entire raid aoe damage is just bad design. Way too powerful and game breaking.

Plus, bard has other buffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

When you look at cleric aoe healings, they are either their top end abilities, or cost huge tons of mana.

Then you look at bard aoe healing, you have to scratch your head, how did this even pass their balance check?
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.

Rift Disciple

point is you pretty much admitted that you dont play the calling, by not refuting my accusation, and therfore you shouldnt be posting in the first place.
    If you say so. Enjoy then. And you call me ignorant.

In my opinion, a better way instead of limiting to 5 players (the ones in your party? the nearest? what about pets?) would be to scale down the healing according to the number of people in raid/party:
    - 5 players get 100%
    - 6-10 players get 50%
    - 11-15 players get 33%
    - 16-20 players get 25%

some players are just short sighted. Always me me, me, my class, my soul! Do not ever touch it!

Maybe after this change, those DoT mages will actually be useful. Now non-burst classes are crap in WFs since all their damage can be healed by bards like pro. Clerics cannot single target heal entire raid DoT damage.

Plane Walker

If you say so. Enjoy then. And you call me ignorant.
    refute my claim then? owait you cant because you dont actually play the rogue calling, and instead qq about it on forums till the wanted nerfs are recieved. and as for clerics and aoe healing, what cleric soul is designed to increase TTK marginally on a raid scale? owait there isnt one that niche falls to the bard.

Why hype about something which does not exist?
    Bloodiron EU PvP - Defiant
    Franklynot
    Northern Vanguard

refute my claim then? owait you cant because you dont actually play the rogue calling, and instead qq about it on forums till the wanted nerfs are recieved. and as for clerics and aoe healing, what cleric soul is designed to increase TTK marginally on a raid scale? owait there isnt one that niche falls to the bard.
    So one single bard should be used to fill "the niche" that is aoe damage? Gee, that's quite powerful niche.
    Esp. when we are talking about 20 man raid.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    When you look at cleric aoe healings, they are either their top end abilities, or cost huge tons of mana.

Then you look at bard aoe healing, you have to scratch your head, how did this even pass their balance check?
    Yea but its like that with alot of things aint it? How did the dps in this game make it through they're balance check?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast