+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MELEE Ranger/sin spec , is it possible to work ? looking for info/advice.

Telaran

Default MELEE Ranger/sin spec , is it possible to work ? looking for info/advice.

So here's the build i'm working on atm:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....0ARfxob0dbR.M

Reasoning rotation etc:

Well , first of all the idea came to me as a melee rogue specc that uses a pet as well.
    The points spent in RNG tree are to maximize pet's DPS + hasten call there cause it's imo necessary to run Exp dungeon+Raids.I chose sin as the second specc , and go 32 in it. I'm focusing on mainly Bleeds available from the build in my rotation (puncture-serrated blades-Splinter shot(can work at melee range too, 3m) and finisher rotation between impale for max ticking , using FB and head shot in the meanwhile(headshot once every minuite is nice for the dps boost on pet too , and can be cast from 3m as well).Spam backstab as a filler to build more cp .

The good think is that with this build i can also maintain a solid amount of ranged dps for the moments i have to be in range during fights .

But Also great pet micromanagement is required too , as it can die pretty easy from cleaves etc at boss fights.

I haven't done any parsing , as i find some difficulties with getting ACT to work for me :S I will provide some as soon as possible. Or if some1 was interested in parsing some before i get to it I would greatly appreciate it

Well tell me what YOU think fellow rogues.

See you on telara.

Soulwalker

on a personal level i'm not high enough to really test this.

but id imagine the hardest thing people in general might find (clealry u dont) is the way you have to manipulate the ranged 'deadzone' and the melee zone (aka ensuring you spend the fight somewhere between 3m and 5m from enemies)

personally i would probably fail and miss time trying to get into this 2m area, whilst other builds give you greater scope to fail on movement but still be able to use abilities (like melees 5m zone)

that and from what i hear pets get WTFPWNED by aoe in experts

Quote Originally Posted by zbmRu View Post
    So here's the build i'm working on atm:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....0ARfxob0dbR.M

Reasoning rotation etc:

Well , first of all the idea came to me as a melee rogue specc that uses a pet as well.
    The points spent in RNG tree are to maximize pet's DPS + hasten call there cause it's imo necessary to run Exp dungeon+Raids.I chose sin as the second specc , and go 32 in it. I'm focusing on mainly Bleeds available from the build in my rotation (puncture-serrated blades-Splinter shot(can work at melee range too, 3m) and finisher rotation between impale for max ticking , using FB and head shot in the meanwhile(headshot once every minuite is nice for the dps boost on pet too , and can be cast from 3m as well).Spam backstab as a filler to build more cp .

The good think is that with this build i can also maintain a solid amount of ranged dps for the moments i have to be in range during fights .

But Also great pet micromanagement is required too , as it can die pretty easy from cleaves etc at boss fights.

I haven't done any parsing , as i find some difficulties with getting ACT to work for me :S I will provide some as soon as possible. Or if some1 was interested in parsing some before i get to it I would greatly appreciate it

Well tell me what YOU think fellow rogues.

See you on telara.
    A few things stick out as counter-synergy here. Of course the melee and ranged classes using different ranges, but also, in stealth, you now have an unstealthed pet following you. Also sin is based on mobility and positioning, something that your pet is going to distract your focus from.

I would probably have to pick up the NB 8 for +dmg to combo abilities and finishers in 3rd soul.

I think you are better served dropping the sin, and picking up NB instead here, as the NB synergizes with the ranged class better, brings the dmg buffs inherently and allows you to go for RS for mobility, or MM for more synergy etc. It is definitely a change of focus away from the bleeds, but you still gain a dot from firey spike that is fun to weave into your rotation.

just my 2 cents.

EDIT: Sabo would fit in somewhere in there nicely as well for the 15% dex and the set up charges on sapped targets since you will have a sap anyways.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 03-23-2011 at 08:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread