+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Does Trion even realize how many rogue abilities are broken?

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default Does Trion even realize how many rogue abilities are broken?

    • Slip Away - Sometimes does not put you into stealth or immediately breaks it.
    • Twilight Transcendence - Does not break a ton of debuffs, most notably CC (even though it lets you use the ability while CC'd).
    • Blackout - You still get hit by a ton of abilities that do damage.
    • Scourge of Darkness - This ability has a million different ways to miss. The ability itself can "miss", causing all 10 of the subsequent attacks to miss. Or each individual proc can miss. It shouldn't miss at all, since it is effectively a +damage modifier.

    These are just the ones I've noticed from playing nightblade/assassin. I'm sure there are a ton more, and it seems like that are getting no love.
    Last edited by FrankyFastHands; 03-23-2011 at 12:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Stealth itself will break for no reason, even with hidden veil active, and even when not taking damage.


    There's another thread somewhere around here about this, they have a list just like yours, with a few more listed.
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 03-23-2011 at 12:18 AM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default rogue bugs

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankyFastHands View Post
    • Slip Away - Sometimes does not put you into stealth or immediately breaks it.
    • Twilight Transcendence - Does not break a ton of debuffs, most notably CC (even though it lets you use the ability while CC'd).
    • Blackout - You still get hit by a ton of abilities that do damage.
    • Scourge of Darkness - This ability has a million different ways to miss. The ability itself can "miss", causing all 10 of the subsequent attacks to miss. Or each individual proc can miss. It shouldn't miss at all, since it is effectively a +damage modifier.

    These are just the ones I've noticed from playing nightblade/assassin. I'm sure there are a ton more, and it seems like that are getting no love.
    Twilight Transcendence and Blackout bugs are the most annoying, especially TT as it never breaks CC, making you waste a 2 min CD.
    Same with Shadow Stalk, it can be used while stunned, and it should remove stun, but it doesn't. You use it, you shift away but are still stunned. Happens to me ALL the time.
    Last edited by Krunchie; 03-23-2011 at 12:24 AM.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Any Ranger ever see PIN DOWN work? It's supposed to be an AOE Root, but it I have seen it actually work. I can't believe everyone hit their CC escape button at the same time.

  5. #5
    Rift Master Spitefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Meridian
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Ranged rogues /Ranger & Marksman/ auto attacks bugged that is a very serious problem . they are firing too slow or are not firing at all .
    Last edited by Spitefull; 03-23-2011 at 12:59 AM.

  6. #6
    Rift Master Spitefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Meridian
    Posts
    638

    Default

    I found that sometimes blinding power ( Assasin ) is not working .

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    The most annoying thing is the AP Scaling being bugged for rogues PvE-wise .
    Autoattacks dmg being neglictible due to it , as well as the skills that scale with %AP not getting the bonus as intended.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zbmRu View Post
    The most annoying thing is the AP Scaling being bugged for rogues PvE-wise .
    Autoattacks dmg being neglictible due to it , as well as the skills that scale with %AP not getting the bonus as intended.
    Auto-attacks do not use AP, at all, just FYI. That's not a bug.


    Quote Originally Posted by Beta 6 Patch notes
    COMBAT
    * There should now be a much smaller difference in damage done with abilities using a fast weapon versus a slow one. This sounds minor but is actually a high impact change!
    * Fixed a bug where resistances were providing less than half of the mitigation they should have been.
    * Increased the base damage on all weapons.
    * Increased the base damage for all Attack Power-based abilities.
    * Auto-attack no longer benefits from Attack Power.
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 03-23-2011 at 01:13 AM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

  9. #9
    Ascendant Chomag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    So I was leveling my 17 rogue in the same area I leveled 3 other callings, except for one thing: every mob was beating my assassin into a pulp before taking a dirt nap and ocasionally I was even ganked by mobs.

    Looks like my assassin is destined to be level 17 forever.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Txzeenath View Post
    Auto-attacks do not use AP, at all, just FYI. That's not a bug.
    That is actually incorrect , it does use it . If you move your mouse over the AP you have you will see that it increases your DPS. And this number you get is supposed to increase your Weapons DPS too.

    So if you have a weapon that does 20DPS and you have AP that increases DPS for like 15 your AA should be doing 35 DPS meaning increasing the AA DPS.

    just FYI.

    Edit : OK I was not aware of the fix on this during beta , I started playing during open beta myself.

    But still AP is bugged for the abilities that scale off %AP or atleast that's the results me and some guildies got from testing
    Last edited by zbmRu; 03-23-2011 at 01:17 AM.

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    So I was leveling my 17 rogue in the same area I leveled 3 other callings, except for one thing: every mob was beating my assassin into a pulp before taking a dirt nap and ocasionally I was even ganked by mobs.

    Looks like my assassin is destined to be level 17 forever.
    Taking advantage of stealth and sap?

    Never have an issue myself. Leveling my assassin from 1-46 now, and with only leveling as full assassin spec, placing bonus points in NB.


    Quote Originally Posted by zbmRu View Post
    That is actually incorrect , it does use it . If you move your mouse over the AP you have you will see that it increases your DPS. And this number you get is supposed to increase your Weapons DPS too.

    So if you have a weapon that does 20DPS and you have AP that increases DPS for like 15 your AA should be doing 35 DPS meaning increasing the AA DPS.

    just FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta 6 Patch Notes
    COMBAT
    * There should now be a much smaller difference in damage done with abilities using a fast weapon versus a slow one. This sounds minor but is actually a high impact change!
    * Fixed a bug where resistances were providing less than half of the mitigation they should have been.
    * Increased the base damage on all weapons.
    * Increased the base damage for all Attack Power-based abilities.
    * Auto-attack no longer benefits from Attack Power.
    If they changed it back, I'll admit I'm wrong. But it does not affect auto-attacks, and as far as I know, this change was not reverted.
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 03-23-2011 at 01:19 AM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

  12. #12
    Gox
    Gox is offline
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    519

    Default

    didn't read the entire thread but hellfire blades is broken.. As far as i can test it randomly turns off auto attack. So unless you are clicking the crap out of the guy or lucky you will get 50percent less auto attacks than running 2 poisons.



    I have been testing a ton and no doubt in my mind that if you do not run 2 sin poisons you will suffer a dps loss.

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Strafe doesn't work as well at times, talking about the CC immunity.

    I think atm strafe doesn't give immunity against GoS stun procs.

  14. #14
    Telaran Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    85

    Default

    TT, stealth and slip away are the ones I have noticed so far plus the AP bug. Didn't realize there were so many more.....seriously Trion please get on the ball and fix Rogues
    Last edited by Wolfe; 03-23-2011 at 02:19 AM.
    True mastery is to feel the flames of your passion, to dance with the fire, to live in it, to fully embrace the primal forces of destruction and creation, and not be burned to a cinder, to survive and prosper because you loved the flame, used the flame, but did not allow yourself to be consumed by it.

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    ok i've done some testing on target dummies to see how the dmg from AA-abilities that scale with AP actually works with AP.

    So, the actually AA dmg for rogues doesn't scale with the AP bonus mentioned there , it applies only on dmging abilities.

    But the problem is with Abilities that scale off AP. Lets say backstab. @50 according to description , it is supposed to scale like this : 109-113 dmg - 50%bonus from attack power is applied.
    DMG backstab was doing without gear(weps only) : Average hit was 160 dmg . min/max 140-180.
    same but with gear on (mostly t1 exp epics and some blues: Average hit was 182 dmg min/max 170-213
    NOTE: Crits were not taken in the equation. I don't run a parser atm as it's kind of broken and fixing it.
    I will run a further parse later when i have it working and post results along with normalisation of crits etc.

    So my conclusion : The formula of this skill scaling is broken according to description. What we get is not the 50% bonus AP DMG . Instead, the skill scales as i believe with the 30dps bonus the AP provides to any skill that doesn't scale of AP but DMG.
    Unless they have mentioned somewhere that this is working as intentional it's a broken mechanism and needs to be fixed .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts