+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Concerns about melee rogues being overlooked.

Default Concerns about melee rogues being overlooked.

It seems like Sabo is our only DPS spec in PVP and PVE. I started playing this game in hopes of being melee. However, this is not possible in the current state of the game. Honestly, I feel as though, melee rogues are simply being overlooked. Are the developers planning to bring melee up to be on par with other classes? Or, should we expect to have Sabo as our primary PVP and PVE spec?
    Last edited by Anesthetics; 03-22-2011 at 11:26 PM.
    Deliciousness of Addiction
    Rift Beta 5 PVP compilation by Anesthetics

I rerolled warrior today. It's not as much fun, but I can actually be productive in PvP vs other warriors and healers. Melee rogues need some serious help and I've just gotten sick of putting up with it all. Guess I'll have a 50 rogue waiting for me when Trion decides to push out some balancing patches. I will admit that AoE grinding as a warrior is much quicker tho hehe. =)
    Faemist - Rank 4 Guardian Assassin - Mercilous
    Faemist - Level 30 Guardian Warlock - Lexium
    Faemist - Level 29 Defiant Cleric - Kotsune

When i hit 50 if things are the same way and there is no love for rogues i may reroll mage or cleric mages will got theyr survivability and dps boosted .

Quote Originally Posted by Spitefull View Post
    When i hit 50 if things are the same way and there is no love for rogues i may reroll mage or cleric mages will got theyr survivability and dps boosted .
    Things will be the same at 50, if not worse vs some souls. Either way, you sound like me so you'll probably find out the hard way like I did. XD

I should've took every1's advice before I wasted my time lol.
    Faemist - Rank 4 Guardian Assassin - Mercilous
    Faemist - Level 30 Guardian Warlock - Lexium
    Faemist - Level 29 Defiant Cleric - Kotsune

It's just sad...
    5 out of 7 rogues in my guild rerolled (3 clerics, 1mage, 1 warrior).

there are quite a few random rogues left, but when starting to go T2 and raiding - more and more rogues start to reroll other classes. that's just something that shouldn't happen, seriously.

and with the upcoming balance update only mages get some love and warriors and sabos are adjusted (might be a nerf to sab DPS) and to be honest, saboteur is the only possible choice for endgameDPS-rogue.

still wondering if i should stick with rogue or reroll as well (i just can't see any improvement in the next few days/weeks).

Warriors are BUGGED right now. That is why their damage is so high. I can parse 770-800 on my melee rogue for most melee friendly bosses and THAT is about the same as a mage or a dps cleric. That is about where we should be. We dont need a buff, the warriors just have to be fixed.

The other thing is that you CANNOT melee every fight, Neither can the warrior. There are just some times when you need to be ranged... and that's why we have 4 specs available. You can swap to a ranged spec for a specific fight.

I've been playing a melee rogue since Beta 6 and have finished all of T2 as well as 10 Man Raid Rifts. Sometime I have to swap builds to Ranger or Sabo to put out DPS at ranged. Just like that Mage sometimes has to swap to Chloro to off heal.

I wont say L2P, but learn to utilize all of your classes mechanics. You cant expect to use 1/4th of your potential and do everything with it.

~Transcend

(I Copy and Paste this into every rogue QQ thread.)
    Transcend - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...V0xchqb0kz.V0o - Emberlord - 33 Sin/ 27 RS/ 6 Ranger

Specs:
    PvP: 33 Assassin/ 27 Rift Stalker/ 6 Ranger
    PvE Melee: 32 Assassin/ 22 Blade Dancer/ 12 Nightblade
    PvE Support: 51 Bard/ 15 Night Blade/ 0 Rift Stalker
    PvE Ranged: 30 Saboteur / 20 Assassin / 16 Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Keysaki View Post
    Warriors are BUGGED right now. That is why their damage is so high. I can parse 770-800 on my melee rogue for most melee friendly bosses and THAT is about the same as a mage or a dps cleric. That is about where we should be. We dont need a buff, the warriors just have to be fixed.

The other thing is that you CANNOT melee every fight, Neither can the warrior. There are just some times when you need to be ranged... and that's why we have 4 specs available. You can swap to a ranged spec for a specific fight.

I've been playing a melee rogue since Beta 6 and have finished all of T2 as well as 10 Man Raid Rifts. Sometime I have to swap builds to Ranger or Sabo to put out DPS at ranged. Just like that Mage sometimes has to swap to Chloro to off heal.

I wont say L2P, but learn to utilize all of your classes mechanics. You cant expect to use 1/4th of your potential and do everything with it.

~Transcend

(I Copy and Paste this into every rogue QQ thread.)
    You do realize that melee and ranged rogues parse the highest with sab as mainsoul and that's where a lot of the current problem lies. (i can parse 950 meleeDPS as SAB in T2)
    We want all the rogue souls to be at an about even level to have a choice and not to be forced to chose one, because it is better in melee and range.

Oh and i guess, u know where u can stick ur l2p-attidude into, no need to tell you.

Sabo damage is being nerfed.
    Now it will be in line with the other rogue pve specs.
    It's basically a melée buff due to others being nerfed to your level.

Same for melée rogue pvp. Nerf all the other pvp op specs now melée rogues will do better.
    Oh just watch out Mage specs are going to be FotM in about a week and change.

Telaran

my PVP spec is 40 BD, 5 inf, 18 NB.

Dunno how, but i have little to no problems in warfronts killing people.

First of all, you should not play uber aggressive, that's what tanks do. With NB, you can use your 20 metre ranged DoT and snare to deal some harass to their squishies or setup a burst combo (3 cp on target, cast one of your rhythms (blade tempo, double coup or dualism), flash of steel (5 cp), cast deadly strike, follow up with ks/qs/ps, deadly strike, etc).
    Being attacked by a warrior? Side steps -> CC with stun, disarm and snare, cast counters as available and use deadly strike or any other finisher whenever you build 5 CP.

Last night, in black garden, i dealt 3rd most damage of EVERYONE in the WF with this spec. Dunno how exactly, but i did. Either everyone sucked or i was just that awesome... i bet a mixture between the two.
    Bloodthorne
    eXile
    www.eXile-corp.com
    "The cycle of Life and Death continues... We will live... They will die!"

I'm willing to bet everyone who expected to play a rogue like an actual rogue (if i wanted to stick explosives to people I'll bust some black ops) has already rerolled as a warrior... I'm actually thinking of deleting my level 50 rogue and making a warrior so I can use my name.

Pretty sad the imbalance.. dunno if I'm going to renew next Sunday. Gonna have to see if my boredom is worth 15 bucks.

No response from Trion that I could find... Anyone have a link to a Trion response to the melee rogue complaints?

They seem to have no problem sending out lengthy condescending "warnings" for bad forum behavior, but for some reason they can't seem to answer the issues with their game, including the "1%" of people who's accounts have been compromised... You know what's "nonsensical" and "uncalled for"? Bad customer service.

I smell a lot of cancellations blowing in....

Telaran

I rolled a rogue. A ROGUE. You know, stealth killer and stuff. Not some ****ty ****** bomb exploder.
    Hope they do something about it soon, like before I reach level 50. I'm 43 now and I don't feel like having to spec to Saboteur to be useful in PvE/PVP.

Rift Disciple

Everyone in this thread must play bladedancer or assassin.

Nightblades are fine.Hopefully I never do have to play assassin ever again either since said spec is absolutely abysmal and can't kill anything at max level anyhow.
    Last edited by Vyka; 03-23-2011 at 06:19 AM.
    WoW - Deadenlol/Cika/Vyka/Deaden - 6 Time Gladiator DK/Warrior/Rogue - Whisperwind (US)
    Rift - Deaden - Rogue - Lotham (US)
    DAoC - Fraletlan - r50 rr10 Smite Cleric - Iseult

Dispelling rogue myths one at a time
    Yes, you can parse over 1k as a rogue.
    No, marksman is not an awful tree.
    Target dummies do not give an accurate representation of raid performance. Stop it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vyka View Post
    Everyone in this thread must play bladedancer or assassin.

Nightblades are fine.Hopefully I never do have to play assassin ever again either since said spec is absolutely abysmal and can't kill anything at max level anyhow.
    Go play your Nightblade DPSing raids then. You'll get kicked in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandinho View Post
    Go play your Nightblade DPSing raids then. You'll get kicked in no time.
    Truth. Nightblade DPS in a any group comp is abysmal in comparison to other melee options... and if you think otherwise, it's why you don't notice the problem with soul imbalance...

Sid
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xandinho View Post
    I rolled a rogue. A ROGUE. You know, stealth killer and stuff. Not some ****ty ****** bomb exploder.
    That is why I refuse to play a Sabo. I'm not a hard core elitist ******* like the vast majority that post on MMO forums. I play the game to play the role I enjoy and to have fun.

I like a true rogue, stealthy type fighter. Sure i'll pick up a bow when ranged is needed or Bard when support is needed. I will not play a soul that tosses bombs, hell no!

As far as getting "kicked from a raid", I suggest avoiding the hard core people that play the game for pure numbers. People that play with parsers running the entire time monitoring everyone are just in it for the epeen dps numbers and THAT'S IT! Raid bosses aren't designed to be taken down by 20 elitest players, if so you'll never lose a fight and that's just simply boring imo.

Play how you want to play, it's your money. I play for fun.
    HW: DD Water Box | i7 920 D0 @ 4.1GHz 1.294v | EVGA x58 SLI LE | OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600 | HD 6870 CrossFireX 980/1150 | 9800GT Eco Hybrid Physx | Vertex 2 SSD | Ultra X-3 1,000w psu | Win7 x64

WC: Apogee XT WB | EK-FC6870 x2 | Black Ice Xtreme II D12SH-12 pull | MCP355 XSPC Acetal Top | PrimoFlex Pro LRT 1/2" x 3/4" | Fluid XP Phantom Black

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast