+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard healing changes

Default Bard healing changes

I can kind of see the purpose of reducing the bard healing so drastically from affecting so many players - I'm assuming Trion are trying to reduce off-healing (note they changed Chloromancer in roughly the same way) thereby forcing healers to heal.

But seriously...no changes to Champ? No reduction to CC? No improvement to CC immunity?

I think you've just made CC more important, not less so and with the same bat, reduced the effectiveness of the bard in the more-than-five players warfronts massively. Not really sure what to make of this. Disappointed on the face of it.
    Last edited by Ellandess; 03-22-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Rift n. r-ift (pl. rifts) A 'rift' is what opens up between you and your wife when the game is live.

PC Black :: CPU Yes :: GPU Two thingies :: SOUND Pretty good :: OVERCLOCK A nice mirror :: WINDOWS 14, all double glazed

Telaran

Ive kept silent about most stuff in the game, but this change was fecking daft. Nerf support healing classes and esp bards where as everyone knows its the CC that is ruining this game, honestly dont get it. Its hard enough to get ur hands on a good cleric healer, why make it even more vital to.

Soulwalker

I'm a sad bard now i hope they won't make the support type souls useless, i enjoy being a support class!

edit: typo
    Last edited by Alessio89; 03-22-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Soulwalker

lol .. bard was already a sucky useless class, i guess i'll drop it for good.

Truly a sad change. I guess a bard being useful in a group was too much; next our motifs will have to be manually cast on each player, requiring 25GCD out of every 30 to keep buffs up.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

lud
    Champion

Where did you see the patch notes?

another one bites the dust! only sabo to go!
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Ascendant

Wait, what? Bards are getting nerfed? Wtf....

where are these patch notes

Quote Originally Posted by lud View Post
    Where did you see the patch notes?
    You can find it in the patchnotes forums in the main section of this page.

This is by far the least needed change.

And so it begins, the drift into cookie cutter specs, the homogenisation into stereotypical roles. Are clerics now to be the only viable healers?

Bard healing was already weak. A bard cannot main heal an instance or keep a tank up against an invasion boss because a bard cannot cope with spike damage and bard heals are easily disrupted. All bards had going for them were nice raid-wide heals to keep everyone topped up. And in PvP 30+ it is very easy to shut a bard down because of all the crowd control and crazy warrior dps. Instead of tackling that problem, what do they do, nerf bard heals. Crazy.

If bard heals are to be restricted to 5 players maximum then bards MUST be given tools to be able to burst heal, so that they can act as main healers. Because as it now stands they are not main healers and they aren't even good off healers any more.

What are bards to be now? Buffbots? I'm damned if I'm going to be expected to just mash 5 motifs over and over every 30s to help everyone else do a bit better. I'll switch to a spec which is enjoyable. Probably just play my warrior instead.

Nerfs like this really rock player confidence in the future for this game. I'm sick of the whole buff nerf cycle in MMOs. I hoped Rift would be different. I had been enjoying the flexibility and support aspect of the Bard class, but this nerf is hugely disappointing.

BARD
    * Due to the below changes, characters with Soul Points spend in Bard have received a free Soul Point Respec.
    * Invigorated Soul, Coda of Restoration: Now affects up to 5 targets.
    * Motif of Tenacity: Now unlocked at 12 points.
    * Anthem of Defiance: Now unlocked at 18 points.
    * Motif of Regeneration: Now unlocked at 24 points. Now casts on the Bard and heals up to 10 raid or group members nearby with each tick.
    There you go.

Shadowlander

no they wont nerf sabos or warrs lol. Just everything else to make the classes they play better!

Ascendant

I'm a really avid RIFT fan girl but this did rock my confidence because they seem half hazard to me as there are not equalizing nerfs in other areas or buffs/balances going on.

I guess this is the first time I just think to myself 'wtf'. Not just on the bard, on the chloro and purifier too. Really bad changes, not well thought out. Thrown in to 'hotfix' things I guess?
    Last edited by rastaah; 03-22-2011 at 05:54 PM.

seriously, whats the point of a bard in PvP now? I cant see it no more.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cern View Post
    And so it begins, the drift into cookie cutter specs, the homogenisation into stereotypical roles. Are clerics now to be the only viable healers?

Bard healing was already weak. A bard cannot main heal an instance or keep a tank up against an invasion boss because a bard cannot cope with spike damage and bard heals are easily disrupted. All bards had going for them were nice raid-wide heals to keep everyone topped up. And in PvP 30+ it is very easy to shut a bard down because of all the crowd control and crazy warrior dps. Instead of tackling that problem, what do they do, nerf bard heals. Crazy.

If bard heals are to be restricted to 5 players maximum then bards MUST be given tools to be able to burst heal, so that they can act as main healers. Because as it now stands they are not main healers and they aren't even good off healers any more.

What are bards to be now? Buffbots? I'm damned if I'm going to be expected to just mash 5 motifs over and over every 30s to help everyone else do a bit better. I'll switch to a spec which is enjoyable. Probably just play my warrior instead.

Nerfs like this really rock player confidence in the future for this game. I'm sick of the whole buff nerf cycle in MMOs. I hoped Rift would be different. I had been enjoying the flexibility and support aspect of the Bard class, but this nerf is hugely disappointing.
    Exactly. A bard can't even keep himself up against a good dps class, especially one champion, much less anything else. Why the **** Trion felt the need to nerf bards is beyond me. Bard aoe healing is only OP when there's multiple bards doing it, but how is that different from any other class function when added up?

Silliness

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast