+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issue with Assassin Stealth

Default Issue with Assassin Stealth

I looked over the forums and didn't find anything related to this so I'm posting it. Here lately I've been getting knocked out of stealth for no reason. I have perma stealth from Assassin soul and I have no DoTs f any kind on me when this happens. I'm not PvP flagged or doing anything related to PvP. It seems to happen when I'm just standing around but not flagged as AFK. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by greenday4425 View Post
    I looked over the forums and didn't find anything related to this so I'm posting it. Here lately I've been getting knocked out of stealth for no reason. I have perma stealth from Assassin soul and I have no DoTs f any kind on me when this happens. I'm not PvP flagged or doing anything related to PvP. It seems to happen when I'm just standing around but not flagged as AFK. Anyone else having a similar issue?
    Yes, but it doesn't happen only when standing still. Most often it happens only a few seconds after I go stealth, like if I had a dot on me, but I'm sure I don't.

Don't think it's new, already read about it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by avariel View Post
    Yes, but it doesn't happen only when standing still. Most often it happens only a few seconds after I go stealth, like if I had a dot on me, but I'm sure I don't.

Don't think it's new, already read about it somewhere.
    yeah i just started playing an assassin a few days ago when i got tired of Bard lol so I wasn't sure what was up.

Champion of Telara

It will break even standing still. It will break for no reason at all.

your logs will says exactly you entered stealth, and the next line will say you left stealth and you aren't even using the keyboard.

I left once in stealth to go to the bathroom, came out and I was out of stealth. I was also looking for secret loots at the time, so I was way up in the mountains and nothing was around.

It's been reported a ton of times.

It happen me to some times ,but very rare .I hope this will be fixed along with the damn slip away ,that is bugged like hell..

A lot of times it is human error but there are bugs.

Remember:
    Stealth only lasts 30 seconds, unless you spec at least 20 points (the 21st point being infinite stealth) into Assassin.

DoTs can last from combat that is over. Just because you killed your mob doesn't mean the DoTs went away.

Any sort of damage whatsoever of any kind at all from anything will knock you from stealth.

You can do almost nothing from stealth, besides attack and very very limited select moves.

Don't click the stealth button twice, even out of lag frustration. It will just put you into stealth, and then deactivate it.
    [Insert witty comment here, followed by chuckles and admiration for me.]

Just a thought, when the game marks you as AFK, would that knock you out of stealth you think?
    [Insert witty comment here, followed by chuckles and admiration for me.]

Quote Originally Posted by Delimeat567 View Post
    A lot of times it is human error but there are bugs.

Remember:
    Stealth only lasts 30 seconds, unless you spec at least 20 points (the 21st point being infinite stealth) into Assassin.

DoTs can last from combat that is over. Just because you killed your mob doesn't mean the DoTs went away.

Any sort of damage whatsoever of any kind at all from anything will knock you from stealth.

You can do almost nothing from stealth, besides attack and very very limited select moves.

Don't click the stealth button twice, even out of lag frustration. It will just put you into stealth, and then deactivate it.
    yeah i mentioned all those in my OP. I have perma stealth and no DoTs etc. and I have gone afk before to come back still in stealth even flagged as AFK. I've entered the stealth and walked 3 steps before to have it knocked out for no reason so its definatly bugged. I havn't ran into the slip away issue yet though. so far its working fine.

Soulwalker

Have had this happen off and on for awhile.

participating at a rift then entering a warfront makes it happen. But i just did a warfront and had it happen around 15 times.

I was far from any battle and just randomly unstealthed.

Have reported through the bug system. Kinda breaks assassin class.

Quote Originally Posted by greenday4425 View Post
    Happens to me occasionally as well specced into perma stealth, but I dont find that as annoying as not being able to drink in stealth (or enter stealth while drinking), and being knocked out of stealth for using something in bags, ie a artifact.

There are so many things in game that will knock you out, fair enough they dont want us in perma stealth but somethings are silly...

Telaran

Default stealth bug

You probably stepped on a cockroach which got you out of stealth.
    If you were standing still, you probably swallowed a fly.

In any case, it was a bug.

oui
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchie View Post
    You probably stepped on a cockroach which got you out of stealth.
    If you were standing still, you probably swallowed a fly.

In any case, it was a bug.
    I've had the same problem, but I logged out (exited game completely) and came back in and have since been able to stay stealthed. Very odd indeed.

I a.ways used to stay in stealth until recently so not sure something has changed. And as someone mentioned, slip away needs some fixing. That's just broke.
    Automark
    HD Guild Scribe
    Heroic Dead Forums

Yes, same thing for me. Only started happening in the last few days. I thought I was doing something wrong, but I can't figure out the pattern. Seems like we got a bug.

+ Reply to Thread