+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sabo and Bard the only Warfront PvP souls worth a damn?

Telaran

Default Sabo and Bard the only Warfront PvP souls worth a damn?

Are there any other worthwhile souls for Warfront PvP other than Sabo and Bard? I'm level 50 and light people up with Sabo, and I seem like a great help to my team with Bard.
    • Assassin? Decent damage with virtually no utility (range closers, interrupts, healing debuffs, etc.).
    • Bladedancer? Like a warrior in leather and 2/3s as much HP.
    • Riftstalker? Great for gimmicks like running the flag, but it completely gimps your damage for every point invested into it.
    • Marksman? What is with the damage? It felt so overpowered up until level 29, but I swear I'm not doing any more damage now than I was then. I sit there and shoot away the entire game without anyone even paying attention to me, lucky to take someone below 70% hp.
    • Nightblade? Probably the best of the bunch, simply because of the two damage immune buttons deep into the tree. But other than those 9 seconds every two minutes, I'm a sitting duck. Thankfully, it at least has some utility with the healing debuff.
    • Ranger? Don't know; have no interest in playing a pet class, although I haven't heard anything that would suggest these are any better than marksman.

I just feel like I am by far the least-helpful player on my team when I'm not a bard or sabo. Even if I rack up damage with something like marksman, there is no burst and it is easily healed through (usually by AOE healing). Sabo and every other rogue soul feel like they are polar opposites; one has stupidly good burst damage while the rest of the souls have none.

Rift Chaser

51 point NB, and get infiltrator soul.

You can kill *anyone* you want, even in the middle of a group. And stay alive forever.

Its amazing in Black Garden, and pretty good for Whitefall.
    Zephris - Rogue
    GM of Paradox
    Guardians on Wolfsbane

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zephris View Post
    51 point NB, and get infiltrator soul.

You can kill *anyone* you want, even in the middle of a group. And stay alive forever.

Its amazing in Black Garden, and pretty good for Whitefall.
    Right, until they get more than 3m away from you and you have no way to get back into range. Or did you plan on killing him with fiery spike / twilight force spam?

Rift Disciple

What's the rotation for a 51 point NB with the rest in INF?

Assassin can be good if you know what you're doing. It's a hit and run class. Stealth, pop out and unload, then gt.fo until stealth is up again. It won't pull big numbers at all if that's your thing, no AoE, limited single target CC, short periods of burst.
    Last edited by alucardr; 03-22-2011 at 08:21 PM.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Quote Originally Posted by alucardr View Post
    Assassin can be good if you know what you're doing. It's a hit and run class. Stealth, pop out and unload, then gt.fo until stealth is up again. It won't pull big numbers at all if that's your thing, no AoE, limited single target CC, short periods of burst.
    Assassin can be "ok" at best. Sab beats it hands down for a lot of reasons.

I enjoy assassin more but overall the sab just does more dps, more utility and dies a lot less.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by FrankyFastHands View Post
    Right, until they get more than 3m away from you and you have no way to get back into range. Or did you plan on killing him with fiery spike / twilight force spam?
    51NB/15RS. You have 2 shifts (that can be used offensively or defensively) and a ranged snare. Plus you have many skills you can use at range. It's not hard.

Add Nightblade to the list with an honorable mention to Assassin.

Marksman and Ranger are still not so great. I'm not a big fan of Infiltrator either... but that's just probably me.
    [Insert witty comment here, followed by chuckles and admiration for me.]

Champion of Telara

I think infiltrator is good for survivabillity I havent really tried it with the dps branch yet. If you spec high enough to get the abillity that reduces stuns by 2 seconds you should notice it. Not only that but not getting stunned all of the time also helps you kill people.
    Last edited by Dahrken; 03-22-2011 at 10:31 PM.

as sab, i found that night-blades can eat me alive if they have a cooldown up.

Rogue melee damage is garbage. The only way you'll out damage even HOTs is if you are Sabo. Sure, Sabo can 1-shot people, but that's the only decent PVP spec available. Otherwise, reroll Warrior if you prefer to be melee. I started playing this game, expecting to be a melee Rogue. I am majorly disappointed that Sabo and Bard are the only specs worth a damn in both PVE and PVP.
    Last edited by Anesthetics; 03-22-2011 at 11:20 PM.
    Deliciousness of Addiction
    Rift Beta 5 PVP compilation by Anesthetics

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Anesthetics View Post
    Rogue melee damage is garbage. The only way you'll out damage even HOTs is if you are Sabo. Sure, Sabo can 1-shot people, but that's the only decent PVP spec available. Otherwise, reroll Warrior if you prefer to be melee. I started playing this game, expecting to be a melee Rogue. I am majorly disappointed that Sabo and Bard are the only specs worth a damn in both PVE and PVP.
    What a bad player says.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    What a bad player says.
    Argument without basis. I've seen all end game content and PVPed against high end pre-mades. What have you done?
    Last edited by Anesthetics; 03-22-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Champion of Telara

Exactly the same thing, but with great success.

Just admit you are bad dont make it worse by saying how much you play and what gear you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    Exactly the same thing, but with great success.

Just admit you are bad dont make it worse by saying how much you play and what gear you have.
    You may disagree. But at least say why. Otherwise, don't say anything?
    Last edited by Anesthetics; 03-23-2011 at 12:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast