+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Undo the Nerf to Marksmen

Default Undo the Nerf to Marksmen

As stated in subject line. Undo the nerf you put on marksmen from beta. The damage at 50 compared to other dps classes, also MM needs 5 combo points at that, is not even close. While you're at it, get rid of the pedestals. Marksmen are a moving class and you expect them to stand on some glowing marker. Get out of here. Make it a buff already. The class was fine in beta and you messed it up, you did it to clerics after beta 5 as well. If you are going to continue with not touching Sabs and Wars. Then give others a boost to where they were.
    "Men who believe absurdities will commit atrocities."

100% Agree i hope we will see soon some info from Trion now it is the big silence .

I will agree my MM is just not cutting it compared to some other classes.

I support this thread!

While you're at it, get rid of the pedestals.
    Not while you are at it, get rid of them asap. Replace it with something that resembles something with an ounce of worth.

Shadowlander

I agree! Frankly rogues in general are being made fools of by warriors except sabs which are just keeping up barely.

I kind of saw where they were coming from for the marksman nerfs but they went WAY overboard. Even with a 30% pedastal the ranged shots of marksman only do a small amount more than Ranger attacks which is just silly considering they have a whole other source of DPS (pet).

I do think the pedestal needs to be turned into some kind of buff, and the movement 'branch' abilities need to do something to boost DPS as well unless they really plan on giving back some of the 'innate' DPS MM's had. The pedestals are basically the complete opposite of the movement abilities, which you would have to get IN FULL to get the 51 point pedestal which is the only one worth bothering with.
    Last edited by Neiloch; 03-22-2011 at 04:03 PM.
    I'm not talking about PvP, because investing ones self in PvP on a RPG/Equipment based game is for masochists.

Obviously, pedestal of strength is needed.

It's strange why we don't see any acknowledge of ranged rogues being fairly weak in both aspects of the game from Trion's side...

Both rangers and marksmen pretty much needs some love right now.

When let's say a champion/beast warrior do double the dps of a ranged rogue, where lies the issue? Nerf warriors or buff rogues?

Feeling pretty daft when I can get charged+stunned by a warrior and made into mincemeat without being able to get out of melee range after breaking initial stun before dying.
    This happens alot in the warfronts, but sure... not always just a warrior attacking.

What are we to do? Roll Sabo for FOTM button spam to do decent dps, yet inferior to other classes?
    Sitting on between 600-700 dps in a heavy ranger build and I get told to do more dps or the t1/2 boss won't die and they'll have to replace me...

Bump for some love to Marksmen.
    "Men who believe absurdities will commit atrocities."

Gox
    Champion

yes please MM doesn't need anything more than just undoing the prelaunch nerfs and maybe the pre b7 nerfs. The mechanics (besides maybe turn static shot into a 2-3 second stun instead of a worthless breaks on dmg root) of the class are great and may buff swift shot more or autoshot so we are not just pure cooldowns.

MM dmg is just not cutting it esp selfbuffed. In order to even do average dps you need bard buffs plus a warrior debuffing the armor.

Also just buff the rank 10s of everything.. MM is mostly fine leveling... Just make it so at level 50 in t2+ gear we can at least remotely scale.

Nothing like my self buffed deadeye critting for what many classes now non crit for with good gear..

And basically hitting as hard as it did 10 levels ago even though my gear and stats has went up a ton.
    Last edited by Gox; 03-22-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Actually I like pedestals, I like the concept of doing more damage while in a certian phase. Mabye an other alternative to fix MM other then removing it

Avi
    Telaran

Default Make up your mind, Trion.

As i've posted before, Marks is a confused and failing Soul. Long cast times with greater damage, and a pedastal to stand still on? Great. So we're a long range sniper that sits at the back railing huge spike damage every couple of seconds, right? Oh wait... why does my primary point builder give me movespeed? Surely it should give me extra damage on my next attack, stacking 3 times or something. Perhaps reducing the armour of my target, or it's chance to Dodge/Block/Parry all attacks, as it desperately tries to flee from the deadly sniper. But's it's not, and there's no sub spec attack we could use.

It's Swift Shot, and that's great for PvP, and when combined with the provision of Hasted Shot, Hit n Run, Barbed Shot, Fire n Forget, Imp. Swift Shot, Hasty Departure, On the Double, Crossfire, and Strafe.... it's fairly clear there's a strong intention for us to move. WTH. So Trion, either give us 2 viable builds in the 1 Soul tree, to go for static burst, or mobile consistency, or choose one and commit to it.

Soulwalker

Default Trion Swing the Nerf Bat for a home run...

Yes I was MM spec'd during Beta 5-7 .. It's was a beast dps spec...Release happens !! I am aware of the Damage nerf but I go DEEP into the build anyway. About level 30-35 I start to notice my Ranger buddy is dropping stuff and HELPING me...I have a WTF moment. I start parcing and I'll be damned if my dps is about 15-25% worse that my beta numbers. I try rotation fixes, experimenting with side specs. Now i'm 50 I can pull 750'ish right out of the gate then it takes a sled ride plunge to 530-550'ish. Blow CD's and it "roars" to 590'ish for 15 secs on a good day. I and a friend have discovered that any under 51 MM spec only results in a LOSS of dps. MM 51/NB 15/*** 0 is best I can get. Oh and in a moving test ( I don't cast Sniper's Pedestal ) the 30% buff loss ends up losing about 35-40% dps loss.

agreed.

Please give the marksman spec some love so ranged rogues dont HAVE to play a sab - and melee - to be effective. Please.

I think Marksman just got kind of put on the backburner for a bit because Mages are messed up, Warriors are too strong, and Sabos are ungodly amounts of powerful.

Rogues are always a tricky class to balance because they are usually capable of doing almost anything on the field of battle. I think MM will receive a slight buff first, one that puts it closer to a nice balance, before it receives everything it needs. Personally, I would prefer we were improved, but still slightly Underpowered, rather than being super buffed and later nerfed for life.

Marksman are still capable in PvP, even in their current state.
    [Insert witty comment here, followed by chuckles and admiration for me.]

As we see there is love only for mages right now they will get survivability boost and dps boost i know they need it but Trion said nothing for rogues except sabo tone down .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast