+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slipaway is Broken

Shadowlander

Default Slipaway is Broken

It seems like every single time I use slipaway I have a DoT on me which breaks my stealth once the immunity from slipaway runs out. So I use slipaway and have about 2-3 seconds to run away, but after that my stealth breaks and mobs kill me. Its annoying.

Telaran

Use Hidden Veil and then hope Slip Away just doesn't break at random like it always does.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Tostiganator View Post
    It seems like every single time I use slipaway I have a DoT on me which breaks my stealth once the immunity from slipaway runs out. So I use slipaway and have about 2-3 seconds to run away, but after that my stealth breaks and mobs kill me. Its annoying.
    Assuming you're not trolling : That is the way it works. The Ability clearly states that it works this way, it puts you in stealth and makes you immune to damage for 2 secs. Nowhere does it say anything about removing DoTs.

If you use Hidden Veil right after it you get 15-17 secs of stealth, but the DoTs still tick on you.
    There is a Talent in the Infiltrator Tree though which should remove those DoTs, guess that's why they made slipaway work like it does now. There is nothing random about it though. It's just not exactly like Vanish ;-)
    Last edited by Kao; 03-22-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Shadowlander

Yes I know this is the way it works I just find it irritating and think it should be changed

I find you irritating and hope you change. Like the above poster said, use hidden veil to avoid being brought out of stealth.
    If you wanted to ***** about slip away breaking randomly, then I'll be right there with you, but *****ing about an ability that does what it says, well that's just ******ed.

Gox
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tostiganator View Post
    Yes I know this is the way it works I just find it irritating and think it should be changed
    If you want it to work that way it will need to be on a 10 min cooldown..

because 2 min to basically never get killed is dumb.

I thought this thread would be about slip away simply not working sometimes. There's nothing wrong with the way the skill works right now, it just means you have to be careful before you use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

This part of Slip Away does not bother me at all. What bothers me is when it instantly breaks due to a PvP enemy (never had that issue in PvE) using a skill on me the exact moment I Slip Away. There is a bug with it, but it's not the fact that it breaks after 3 seconds if a DoT is applied that ticks past the immunity. If it didn't have this mechanic, and considering it can be combined with Hidden Veil for additional 15s of grace time in Stealth (wich in most cases is more than enough to go hide behind something), it would be a bit too powerful a mechanic. Combined with Infiltrator, you can quickly use Cleanse Soul and Slip Away, meaning in most cases you get to keep your Stealth as you get away. It won't always work, but usually it does.
    Last edited by Absconditus; 03-22-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Toehead19 View Post
    I find you irritating and hope you change. Like the above poster said, use hidden veil to avoid being brought out of stealth.
    If you wanted to ***** about slip away breaking randomly, then I'll be right there with you, but *****ing about an ability that does what it says, well that's just ******ed.
    gotta love the friendly rift community

+ Reply to Thread