+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fix stealth

Default Fix stealth

maybe if we spam the forums with this maybe they'll fix stealth. really getting tired of getting popped out of stealth all the time.
    RIFT - Fyrieus <Liam Neeson> 50 Rogue (40 Sin / 21 BD / 5 Inf) - Lotham
    WoW - Fyrieus <Cadia> 80 Shaman // Fyrieusz <Reawakening> 85 Paladin - Lightninghoof
    Aion - Fyrieus <Cadia> L50 Templar - Lumiel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fyrieus

they could start by fixing slip away
    Adapt or Die

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrieus View Post
    maybe if we spam the forums with this maybe they'll fix stealth. really getting tired of getting popped out of stealth all the time.
    /signedagain

I think they have more important fish to fry. Reducing the time you can spend stealthed and adding a random "visible" proc is not high on the list.

Ok - being honest now. The point of steathers are to:

A) Surpress.
    B) Pick off stragglers
    C) Not to be able to own someone and get out quick patting yourself on the back because you hit two macros.

Try disrupting players who are returning to the fight. If you lock up a healer for 15-30 seconds and disable him, then slip away and do it again, you've most likely enabled your team to get multiple kills and push for a win.

If you die doing it, great! You did you job, that's all that matters.

As a Chlorlock I find myself dying a lot thanks to warrior's bull rush titan strike combo... I've started to learn when throwing my mortality/corrosion/AoE healing corpse of fatty healthiness at them is a good idea... yeah, I died, but we wiped their group and took the sourcestone/fang/codex ect.

Get with other players, start to form a strat. Trust me, stealth isn't as broken as you think, it's just not the steath bomb + get of jail free card, that so many rogues are praying for.

Try this one: incapacitate a healer in back of group as your team begins it's push... ideally don't gank the Chloro because he'll just grin and use you as a heal bot. If your running rift stalker put another one in stasis and laugh as they fall flat because you just locked up two of their healers.

True - some healers can get out of it in time to help, but sometimes the shock is more damaging than the stun itself.

And good luck to you! I rolled up as a rogue and I can feel you in the fact I didn't feel like I did enough damage with my assassin.

reduce time being stealthed... no way, 30 seconds isnt long enough, and having to spec into the sin tree to get perma stealth is kinda sad.

Actually Poison Gas and Blinding Powder are two other amazing CC abilities we have. It is incredibly useful to mess up the other team respawning and trying to get back to help their friends. With the right luck and timing, you'll quickly keep a ton of players away from doing anything. Mainly since disorient can't be broken by most CC breakers (if any, can't recall right now - kinda fried brain and tired).

Also if you go Infiltrator, you can get perma-stealth without touching Assassin if you don't want it in your build. The Camouflage might mean you are 30% slower in movement, but it lasts indefinately. Infiltrator is better in my experience than people give it credit for if you are building a PvP setup. You'll granted need to get a few ranks before it starts to shine, if not all the ranks, but it's definately not hopeless and terrible. Theft of Thought feels like it could be pretty darn amazing paired with Assassin or Nightblade for messing up the other side.
    Last edited by Absconditus; 03-22-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Added comment about Camouflage.

I ask Trion in wich MMO stealth is limiting rogue walk speed ? NO ONE i have seen !

Fix Stealth and remove the walking speed limit ! Rogues should walk normally in stealth !

Now don`t tell me that assasins can walk in full speed .
    Last edited by Spitefull; 03-22-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitefull View Post
    I ask Trion in wich MMO stealth is limiting rogue walk speed ? NO ONE i have seen !

Fix Stealth and remove the walking speed limit ! Rogues should walk normally in stealth !

you can't be serious. WoW limits rogue stealth speed, it's a fairly well known mmo btw...

also assassins can walk at full speed while stealthed :P

Still popping out of stealth for no reason, especially in warfronts... fix needed please!
    Bajdovan - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrall Mors View Post
    I think they have more important fish to fry. Reducing the time you can spend stealthed and adding a random "visible" proc is not high on the list.

Ok - being honest now. The point of steathers are to:

A) Surpress.
    B) Pick off stragglers
    C) Not to be able to own someone and get out quick patting yourself on the back because you hit two macros.

Try disrupting players who are returning to the fight. If you lock up a healer for 15-30 seconds and disable him, then slip away and do it again, you've most likely enabled your team to get multiple kills and push for a win.

If you die doing it, great! You did you job, that's all that matters.

As a Chlorlock I find myself dying a lot thanks to warrior's bull rush titan strike combo... I've started to learn when throwing my mortality/corrosion/AoE healing corpse of fatty healthiness at them is a good idea... yeah, I died, but we wiped their group and took the sourcestone/fang/codex ect.

Get with other players, start to form a strat. Trust me, stealth isn't as broken as you think, it's just not the steath bomb + get of jail free card, that so many rogues are praying for.

Try this one: incapacitate a healer in back of group as your team begins it's push... ideally don't gank the Chloro because he'll just grin and use you as a heal bot. If your running rift stalker put another one in stasis and laugh as they fall flat because you just locked up two of their healers.

True - some healers can get out of it in time to help, but sometimes the shock is more damaging than the stun itself.

And good luck to you! I rolled up as a rogue and I can feel you in the fact I didn't feel like I did enough damage with my assassin.
    You more than likely have good intentions, but you yourself said you are a mage.

Playing a rogue doesnt work quite as well, and the things we have at our disposal arent near as effective as you glorify them to be.......

This should be what we are capable of, but we arent the current flavor of the month to allow such strong abilities, yet :P
    Last edited by Wheeler; 04-09-2011 at 12:56 AM.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Spitefull View Post

Top of my mind...

Eq
    Eq2
    Aoc
    WoW
    Ao (even though agents arent really assassins)

pretty much every mmo reduces movement speed when stealth'd

Soulwalker

A big part of the problem here is multitarget abilities. Things like Trick Shot and Fiery Chains, that you cast on one player but they then hit other players around the target. Those abilities also target stealthed rogues and it's really bloody annoying. I can understand a big circle of fire on the ground hurting you if you're unlucky enough to be standing in it at the time, but why should an arrow bounce of someone and magically know where you are if you're invisible?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken View Post
    A big part of the problem here is multitarget abilities. Things like Trick Shot and Fiery Chains, that you cast on one player but they then hit other players around the target. Those abilities also target stealthed rogues and it's really bloody annoying. I can understand a big circle of fire on the ground hurting you if you're unlucky enough to be standing in it at the time, but why should an arrow bounce of someone and magically know where you are if you're invisible?
    Because magic isnt hindered by sight, stealth doesnt magicly render you immume.
    Cleave's just sweep and hit what ever is around you, fire on the floor.. same thing. But for a multi-shot arrow to name something.. the arrow/bullet magicly splits in 2 and is drawn to what ever is near. Needless to say magic doesnt fool magic.

In other words, this part of the mechanic is fine the way it is. Stealth should NEVER become some form of immunity.

Default Stealth broken

Stealth is broken fix now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slip Away just auto breaks sometimes

Pop out of stealth for no reason at all why not, Oh I turned left? Stealth pop!

FIX NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by betarun View Post
    Top of my mind...

Eq
    Eq2
    Aoc
    WoW
    Ao (even though agents arent really assassins)

pretty much every mmo reduces movement speed when stealth'd
    WOW is changing that in the next patch. Rogues move at normal speed in stealth and one spec has a movement boost in stealth. FYI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast