+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best leveling specs 37-50?

Soulwalker

Default Best leveling specs 37-50?

Hello,

I've pretty much run an assassin/bd/rift full melee spec, and a bard/NB/ranger spec until 37. The melee spec is fun. I am starting to see a few problems with the bard build. Cadence is still nice due to the increases from nb, however, it is getting less effective for aoe pulls with each passing level. I'm just interested in experiencing some of the other rogue trees.

I'm debating now between trying a Sab, Ranger, or BD-heavy spec. I'm primarily looking for efficiency in terms of downtime, aoe damage, and overall dps. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Hi.

Ill link you a build i used to level with. It had zero downtime and a few strong aoe attacks.

This is what you start with assuming you are lvl37
    This is what you should be aiming for

It focuses on Bladedancer for aoe and damage, Assassin for more damage and Riftstalker to keep you alive.

Rift Scavenger from Riftstalker should keep you at full health after every battle. So zero downtime.

As Bladedancer you get Flash of Steel witch is a charge. Keeps you moving quickly from mob to mob. The 31 point ability Dancing Steel lets you take on 5-6+ mobs at the same time.
    Even more if you mix it with Side Steps.

Assassin gives you Poisons, and added damage through crit talents.
    You may notice i took Puncture over a second point in Murderous Intent.
    Simply because Puncture adds 2 combo points on a 10sec CD, and lots of Bladedancer abilities feed on combo points.
    Aswell as your main heal (Rift Scavenger)

I think you can figure out the rest since you seem familiar with those souls =)
    "How many loaves have ye?" -Jesus

Rift Master

Check out my thread on soling Bard/Sabo.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-XX-experances.

Telaran

I think I answered quite a few questions with my post: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...tstalker-Guide

Its argueable to remove the points Boosted Recovery and Exceptional Resilience into Great Fortitude after the nerfs. But that build is as close to perfect in terms of efficiency of solo as possible. So if you are going for a min/max thought of what is the best and fastest way to level/grind that's it.

@FM101 alot of quirky points in your build...I would say almost 5 entire points that make no sense. Just as a simple critique.

I'm currently lvl 44 on my rogue with a sin(39)/BD(15)/NB(4) build (or something like it) and I kill most mobs in about 6-8 seconds (up to +1 level from me, havent tried higher ones) with next to no downtime except waiting for stealth to come off CD but sometimes I just kill something else before stealthing again.

I'd say that assassin is very effective at the levels you mention although I havent seen if there's a big jump in difficulty of mobs as you get closer to 50 but it sounds improbable?

Basically I open up with all the bleeds I have (3 GCD's: jagged strike, puncture and impale) then I build 3-4 combopoints and if the mob isnt dead by then I use a finisher with those points. If I for some reason get more than one mob on me (should almost never happen if you incapacitate one mob before killing the other) I spam Twin Strike till I have 5 points and then compound attack and then back the Twin strike again.

I tend to forget expose weakness most of the time..

Edit: this is for solo PvE
    Edit 2: the build looks something like: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...qdbo.i0dV#Tree
    Last edited by Enkal; 03-23-2011 at 02:43 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Denzal0 View Post
    Hello,

I've pretty much run an assassin/bd/rift full melee spec, and a bard/NB/ranger spec until 37. The melee spec is fun. I am starting to see a few problems with the bard build. Cadence is still nice due to the increases from nb, however, it is getting less effective for aoe pulls with each passing level. I'm just interested in experiencing some of the other rogue trees.

I'm debating now between trying a Sab, Ranger, or BD-heavy spec. I'm primarily looking for efficiency in terms of downtime, aoe damage, and overall dps. Any input is appreciated, thanks!
    Thats the build I used (and still use for world pve/dailies)

Its a perfect leveling build, tough man rogue multi-pulling mobs with zero downtime. hell you even attack single mobs to GET more health when they die.

I <3 it.

If you are in a PVP server Assa/Rift/Blade no contest. Maybe change Rift for Nb for less movility but more damage if you are really confident.

If you are on a PVE well, really doesn't matter too much. Any DPS spec can do the job well.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread