+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is my damage so poor?

Soulwalker

Default Why is my damage so poor?

I didn't have combat logging enabled, but here's a screenshot snippit of the kind of damage I see

http://i.imgur.com/7oru2.png

Every spec I play I have significantly reduced damage based on what I see everyone else with. Level 50.

I've tried a Saboteur spec where for some reason my 5 blast charge detonates only do between 2-2500 damage, and then I just get CC'd and killed before I can get another blast off.

As a ranger my damage is just completely pitiful.

Nightblade/riftstalker was terrible.

Right now I'm using this NB/Sin spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....GAMftofqddo.x and am doing the kind of damage shown in the screenshot.

15 damage auto attacks, 471 damage 5 point Final Blows.... 190 damage backstabs. This was 1v1 on a warlock mage.

It gets worse the more tough the player. I can't hit a cleric for more than 150 regardless of ability, crit or not. Warriors? Hah.

I'm in some expert/dungeon gear from AP/Caldera. Weapons I've got a PVP Legionnaire's Longsword (21.7 dps, 32-59 damage per 2.1 sec) and a Spark Mace (20.9 dps, 39-84 damage per 2.7 sec).

Stat's I am sitting at 300 dex, 277 attack power, 498 crit and 88 hit in my sin spec. I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong... is it my spec? My gear? If it's my gear, how on earth can I get better gear when I can't even win PVP battles to get prestige/favor? Run experts? That's an entirely new can of worms, we have a problem with an overabundance of rogues on my server and no one takes any for experts.

I've looked into the crafted gear (I'm a master outfitter) but the Soulbind stuff is worse than what I've got and I can't get any of the purple plaques to come from the dailies.

Is there some gear I can buy for entry into PVP without having to grind losing games over and over and over and over?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tihikea View Post
    I didn't have combat logging enabled, but here's a screenshot snippit of the kind of damage I see

http://i.imgur.com/7oru2.png

Every spec I play I have significantly reduced damage based on what I see everyone else with. Level 50.

I've tried a Saboteur spec where for some reason my 5 blast charge detonates only do between 2-2500 damage, and then I just get CC'd and killed before I can get another blast off.

As a ranger my damage is just completely pitiful.

Nightblade/riftstalker was terrible.

Right now I'm using this NB/Sin spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....GAMftofqddo.x and am doing the kind of damage shown in the screenshot.

15 damage auto attacks, 471 damage 5 point Final Blows.... 190 damage backstabs. This was 1v1 on a warlock mage.

It gets worse the more tough the player. I can't hit a cleric for more than 150 regardless of ability, crit or not. Warriors? Hah.

I'm in some expert/dungeon gear from AP/Caldera. Weapons I've got a PVP Legionnaire's Longsword (21.7 dps, 32-59 damage per 2.1 sec) and a Spark Mace (20.9 dps, 39-84 damage per 2.7 sec).

Stat's I am sitting at 300 dex, 277 attack power, 498 crit and 88 hit in my sin spec. I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong... is it my spec? My gear? If it's my gear, how on earth can I get better gear when I can't even win PVP battles to get prestige/favor? Run experts? That's an entirely new can of worms, we have a problem with an overabundance of rogues on my server and no one takes any for experts.

I've looked into the crafted gear (I'm a master outfitter) but the Soulbind stuff is worse than what I've got and I can't get any of the purple plaques to come from the dailies.

Is there some gear I can buy for entry into PVP without having to grind losing games over and over and over and over?
    GO sab problem solved trust me we are at lord greenscale we dont have any rogue that wants to be the "melee specc if u even can call even sabs that"

sin and bd and nb is so bad hybrid and pure speccs for dps atm its sad especially sin nb and bd are ok but needs some small buff but sin is an complete joke.

General of Telara

The funniest part in that pic is the laughable DoT damage.

Telaran

Even Sab's damage is inferior to mages and warriors right now by a good margin. The only place they can somewhat compete in numbers is big aoe pulls, but who cares about those pulls really, its the bosses that matter. I've been 50 for about 10 days now and am beginning to feel like leveling a rogue was a big waste of time.

+ Reply to Thread