+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sab pvp damage question!

Default Sab pvp damage question!

Ok first of all i'm rockin a 51sab/nb build, i dont have enough infiltrator open to use it yet. In pvp i see some sab's hittin a tank buddy for 4k! nice! now i was trying on him n only breakin 3k rarely. My qeustion is... is that extra damage they are dealing come from the infiltrator soul? or are they using the Sab/nb/assasin build? I luv my sab but after seeing ppl hit almost twice as much as i am i feel cheated LOL. Of course it could be gear i'm a fresh 50, but the size of the damage difference is so big i'm thinkin its my build. Any competent ideas, answers, or facts would be greatly helpfull.

LOL, 4k? heh, ok.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

Soulwalker

Going all into a soul doesn't make you do more damage with that soul, it just gives you more utility. I play sab for pve a lot just because of how powerful it can be. Using that same pve build, built around just doing charges and maximizing their damage on detonate, can put out very high burst detonates in pvp, but with very little survivability and virtually no cc. To maximize the burst I use Sab/Nb/Sin for all the +dmg talents possible. I just used that build in some warfronts and was critical hitting for 3500-3800 with 5xBlast charge and doing another 500-1000 with detonate. I never broke 4k from just the charges alone, but from detonate and charges, it was common to be in the upper 3 to lower 4 thousand combined damage per detonate.
    Last edited by DCH86; 03-22-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestian View Post
    LOL, 4k? heh, ok.
    OMG lets ge ignroant some more k? he was getting hit for over 4k damage, so 4k and some change. The point being is im not hitting like that and i want to. Go troll the warrior forums...

Thanks DCH86 for the good reply, i'm just testing builds out n was trying quick setup for pvp. I'm not all that impressed i only ruh sab for pvp in warfronts. The incap+5charges+detonate+quicksetup is nice for 1v1 but try not to 1v1 with my sab. ill give the sab/nb/sin a shot. n see hows it plays.

Soulwalker

coud be your rotation but im guessing its your spec...
    i get 5k+ crits

well hope your all ready for a sab nerf, cause its going to happen, sad to say.

LOL, 4k? heh, ok.
    To the OP ... nice post. Sad enough that when a member makes a constructive post and asks for constructive feedback or assistance, that posters like Celestian feel the need to denegrate the community by trolling.

Celestian, go back to WoW where folks value your adolescence

maybe not a nerf, but from what im reading that the crits on the sab are a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    To the OP ... nice post. Sad enough that when a member makes a constructive post and asks for constructive feedback or assistance, that posters like Celestian feel the need to denegrate the community by trolling.

Celestian, go back to WoW where folks value your adolescence
    I've been logging pvp battles for weeks and I've NEVER (at 50) seen a 4k hit from ANYTHING.

Sorry if I find it incredulous enough to laugh about it. If you expect to see a 4k hit from sab you're in for some disappointment.

Talk about adolescence = "go back to WoW".

I'll speak my mind, if you don't like it there is a /ignore which I'll make sure to add you to so I won't be bothering you.

Quote Originally Posted by deathcupcake View Post
    coud be your rotation but im guessing its your spec...
    i get 5k+ crits
    In PVE or PVP? I'm guessing you mean PVE. I'd sure like to see a SS of 5k+ and the details of how you got it if it's in PVP.

In PVE or PVP? I'm guessing you mean PVE. I'd sure like to see a SS of 5k+ and the details of how you got it if it's in PVP.
    i personly have only seen 3+k's on myself. I'm sitting here blasting the target dummy's and i'm getin bout 1700 as my normal hit and 2790 as my biggest, and i have the 31sab/18nb/17sin build atm. any good pvp builds w/o infiltrator? not a fan of not haveing RS in the sab build for pvp lol

depending on specs etc i could see this happening with a combo like assassin +crit talents plus a NB's dark malady (+20% damage for a few seconds after opener) and all crits with the charges. right now if 1 blast charge crits, they ALL crit which can put out huge numbers. one of the main things needing fixed imo, charges should have seperate crit checks.
    Sherira - Rogue - Saboteur, Bard, Rifstalker, Night Blade
    Irene - Cleric - Inquisitor/Sentinel
    Saffahh - Mage - Pyromancer/Dominator and the best damn level 9 Master Outfitter you'll ever see
    TheMickey - Warrior - Beastmaster, Paragon and his trusty kung-fu battle cat Master Korin

Station

Telaran

i go 5x dif charges with the "fotm" glasscannon build for pve in pvp and my normal dmg varies from 2.5k dmg per detonate non crit -> the usual 3-4k dmg depending on how many charges crit. I once got lucky enought to have all 5 crit and actually 1 shot a guy , but that's just too rare to happen

Quote Originally Posted by zbmRu View Post
    i go 5x dif charges with the "fotm" glasscannon build for pve in pvp and my normal dmg varies from 2.5k dmg per detonate non crit -> the usual 3-4k dmg depending on how many charges crit. I once got lucky enought to have all 5 crit and actually 1 shot a guy , but that's just too rare to happen
    So how do u figure your 5 charge detonate is almost 1k over mine? got all the bells n whistles for crit n damage outa NB n Sin. Now i'm a fresh 50 so i'm not rockin super gear or nething. But for the most part its drops form cc n ap.

Shadowlander

I have seen 3400k crits from a lvl 42 sab put on a lvl 43 warrior..OP!!!! needs nerf.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast