+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bladedancer: a post of combined proposals to tweak the class!

Telaran

Default Bladedancer: a post of combined proposals to tweak the class!

Hi There,

Taking from a few of my own ideas and of (many) others on this forum, I've decided to put together this post, hopefully for Trion to see, as we Bladedancers have been oppressed long enough and demand justice! But seriously, please feel free to critique and discuss your own opinions on the Bladedancer soul and these ideas. Keep in mind, I love the soul as it is, I just feel it needs a bit of tweaking in a group setting. IMO it does fantastic solo, but no one likes to dance alone...

Not to rip off another thread, many ideas were taken from here: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-wants-to-tank

In no particular order, I/We propose these fixes/tweaks:

1) Perhaps some portion of maybe the Improved false blade skill could have a chance to reflect a percentage of the damaging spell back at the caster. Then False blade could be worked into the tree and allow you to "merge blades" with someone else (ie: tank/meatshield).

2) I think they should just have Combat pose (6 points) as a group buff and then Combat prep (20 points) would have an additional buff such as "allows 50% of your dodge to be applied to allies within 5 meters - allowing you to proc Reprisal/Strike Back/Disengage when they dodge"

That buff would allow it to stay in line with the Dodge/Parry aspect of the soul and give it a needed buff in a group setting.

3) Additional means of proccing the reactives, outside dodging / parrying. Whether it be missing/enemy dodging/enemy parrying/critting, etc.

4) Increasing the base % Parry, giving the ability to Parry Spells, and making the 51 pt talent allow Criticals to proc your reactives.

Then it can be a 51 pt PVE DPS tree, have multiple uses in PVP, and have an interesting mechanic, without changing too much about how the class works. Just make sure all the +Parry/Dodge is at the bottom of the tree along with the ability to Parry Spells. Maybe then RS's would scale a little better.

5) Reprisal could be worked into either being usable after dealing a Critical Hit attack, or when the enemy Dodge your Attack. This ability should obviously be possible to miss on your target.

6) The Critical Hit chance increased by 5% from using Dauntless Strike becomes a waste of Combo Points, as Bards can buff both Critical Hit and Spell Critical Hit at the same time. I wouldn't mind having something buffable that actually feels useful. Attack speed or hit buff perhaps instead of crit?

Champion of Telara

1) Perhaps some portion of maybe the Improved false blade skill could have a chance to reflect a percentage of the damaging spell back at the caster.
    I would suggest reflecting the next 0/0/0/1/1 offensive spells cast on the Rogue. Or, deflecting the next 0/0/1/1/2 spells cast on the Rogue (dependent on CPs).

This gives a broader utility to the effect. Basically, parrying spells is cool, without the RNG factor of deflecting or reflecting "5%" of spells.

2) I think they should just have Combat pose (6 points) as a group buff ...
    Not a fan of this idea. I see no reason to alter Reprisal fundamental nature in a group. And group dodge buff ... shrug. While it's possible, I don't think it's likely or a useful road to go down.

3) Additional means of proccing the reactives, outside dodging / parrying. Whether it be missing/enemy dodging/enemy parrying/critting, etc.
    Sure. I would recommend consolidating a few points in the upper tiers of the BD tree, and inserting an upgrade point for Reprisal -- the 1-point talent would grant Reprisal for an offensive event rather than a defensive event. Probably target's dodge since it matches in theme (although it would be less potent than a crit on the target). In addition, the talent would reduce Reprisal's cooldown by 1 second. Maybe 2 at most.

4) Increasing the base % Parry, giving the ability to Parry Spells, and making the 51 pt talent allow Criticals to proc your reactives.
    Don't see this as necessary beyond what I mentioned for #1 and #3.

5) Reprisal could be worked into either being usable after dealing a Critical Hit attack, or when the enemy Dodge your Attack. This ability should obviously be possible to miss on your target.
    Why should Reprisal have the ability to miss? This seems silly, nevermind it beind redundant with the other suggestions.

6) The Critical Hit chance increased by 5% from using Dauntless Strike becomes a waste of Combo Points, as Bards can buff both Critical Hit and Spell Critical Hit at the same time. I wouldn't mind having something buffable that actually feels useful. Attack speed or hit buff perhaps instead of crit?

Ambivalent. Sure, maybe. Then what, it won't stack with an Archon's aura? At the end of the day, who cares? A more interesting proposition would be to add an additional buff or debuff effect to Dauntless, perhaps as a talent purchase. I accept the fact that many buffs in this game are redundant -- I'd rather keep the 5% crit when I don't have a bard, and pick up an additional effect that would be useful when I do -- perhaps a self-only crit damage buff or enhanced AA haste buff.

The core of what you want out of a BD PvE improvement is more raw DPS, preferably in theme with the existing tree. I think the offensive trigger event for Reprisal, as well as potential cooldown reduction for Reprisal would more or less do the trick. As it stands, BDs are solid with only minor tuning necessary.

+ Reply to Thread