+ Reply to Thread

Thread: melee rogue for pve..are they broken?

Soulwalker

Default melee rogue for pve..are they broken?

Hi guys and garls, you all heard this before, but what is wrong with the melee rogue, almost fully epic, and there is no way i can keep up with the dps of the other classes, tried a lot of damage rotations and souls (callings), the best that i feel for me is deep into the assassin tree in combination with blade-dancer for the longer fights, and ranger just for the 5% crit. i do my bleed rotations and ect to the final tick ect.

what am i doing wrong? the game really does feel unbalanced when it comes to a dps rogue @ melee, as for being deep in ranger and marksman, well there is enough posts on the forum to know its useless.

if you could give me some insight on some of your rotations as a sin, to try and maximize my dps even more, it would be appreciated, cos i refuse to re-roll a war, Trion will have to do something soon about it, there is way to many complaints just to simply ignor it.

my pve melee build is
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ARfx0fodzR.V0o

as for sab...tetris is more fun.

They are not broken at all you just have a ton of wasted points by going so deep into the assassin tree. Foul Play, Silent Footsteps, Slip Away, Improved Stealth are all worthless in PvE, for example. Crippling Shot is also a waste of a point; why do you need a ranged snare in PvE? There are other things that could be tweaked in your build but I won't go through all of them in this thread. Just think long and hard about what you NEED in PvE to raise your DPS (perma-stealth isn't it) and work from there.

Honestly, though, from my experience while melee rogues are not broken in PvE per say you're going to do a lot better for yourself and your group if you respec as a Saboteur. You just aren't going to do as much DPS in the current state of the game as any other spec and you also have the benefit of range which is a huge help on a lot of the T1/T2 boss fights. If the Saboteur spec just completely turns you off than I suppose there is nothing wrong with staying melee (I have a soft spot in my heart for melee rogues and only play Sab in dungeons when no one but guildies know I'm being a traitor ) just know that you won't do as much DPS as a Saboteur. If you work on the spec you posted and take some of my advice to heart, however, I can guarantee that you'll be parsing a lot higher zone-wides.
    Athelfirth - Tank/DPS/Bard - Byriel

Soulwalker

if you could reply with a a build it would be much appreciated on the tweaks i need to make, the extra point in ranger wasn't really for the shot, it was for the AP buff, requires 6 points to spend in it .

many thanks

+ Reply to Thread