+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing Build Recommendations

Telaran

Default Healing Build Recommendations

I'm Level 49 now (Level 50 tonight) and have fooled around with a ton of builds. So far, I like this one for healing, but I'd appreciate any critiques anyone has to offer. I've used it in both PVP and PVE. I may split it into a PVE Soul and a PVP Soul and then tweak it a bit.

33 Bladedancer/25 Bard/8 Nightblade

For me, it's all about Cadence.

The easy stuff first. Nightblade(8) is a no brainer. It gives me +24% to Cadence.

Bard (25) is easy for the healing and Riff is worth the extra point for the odd emergency heal. If anything, I imagine people will say I don't have enough in Bard. But I've not found Motif of Grandeur (+5% healing received) to be worth all that much. If I was straight raid PVE I might do it, but the lost damage and lost healing of weaving Grandeur into my twisting seems more trouble than it's worth.

Bladedancer (33). I would probably go lower if I were PVE only. As a Bard complement though, I love the BD. +5% hit (can't afford to miss on Cadence), +15% Dexterity, +20 Energy, loads of Dodge, +40 Dex buff and a OS Button (Side Steps).

In PVE, I've found I can spam Cadence in a raid while twisting my Motifs on the odd Cadences and popping Coda of Restorations on the evens. I don't miss Cadence, and I never run out of energy.

In PVP, I can keep the healing up 100% of the time and have fun with silence, disarm and the occasional Dancing Steel whirlwind.

Any advice on how I can make it better? Split souls? Something else?
    Last edited by Yozbick; 03-22-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yozbick View Post
    I'm Level 49 now (Level 50 tonight) and have fooled around with a ton of builds. So far, I like this one for healing, but I'd appreciate any critiques anyone has to offer. I've used it in both PVP and PVE. I may split it into a PVE Soul and a PVP Soul and then tweak it a bit.

33 Bladedancer/25 Bard/8 Nightblade

For me, it's all about Cadence.

The easy stuff first. Nightblade(8) is a no brainer. It gives me +24% to Cadence.

Bard (25) is easy for the healing and Riff is worth the extra point for the odd emergency heal. If anything, I imagine people will say I don't have enough in Bard. But I've not found Motif of Grandeur (+5% healing received) to be worth all that much. If I was straight raid PVE I might do it, but the lost damage and lost healing of weaving Grandeur into my twisting seems more trouble than it's worth.

Bladedancer (33). I would probably go lower if I were PVE only. As a Bard complement though, I love the BD. +5% hit (can't afford to miss on Cadence), +15% Dexterity, +10% Energy, loads of Dodge, +40 Dex buff and a OS Button (Side Steps).

In PVE, I've found I can spam Cadence in a raid while twisting my Motifs on the odd Cadences and popping Coda of Restorations on the evens. I don't miss Cadence, and I never run out of energy.

In PVP, I can keep the healing up 100% of the time and have fun with silence, disarm and the occasional Dancing Steel whirlwind.

Any advice on how I can make it better? Split souls? Something else?

My question would have to be, is your 30% increased throughput buff in BD better than the 31 point bard talent Virtuoso? Virtuoso is free Coda spam for 15 seconds, I have to imagine that is way higher healing throughput.

Your bard build sounds good for leveling, pvp, and more of a dps role, but I really think 31 in bard is a minimum for healing mindset.

Could you get both buttons? Free Coda Spam followed by 30% buffed cadence sounds like some serious Oh Shiz survival perhaps.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 03-22-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    My question would have to be, is your 30% increased throughput buff in BD better than the 31 point bard talent Virtuoso? Virtuoso is free Coda spam for 15 seconds, I have to imagine that is way higher healing throughput.

Your bard build sounds good for leveling, pvp, and more of a dps role, but I really think 31 in bard is a minimum for healing mindset.
    I figured the Coda spam wouldn't be all that great because you'd run out of energy too fast and so get off only a couple Codas rather than 15 (1 per second).

The energy meter runs back up nicely while you are spamming Cadence. Switching to Coda spam would mess with twisting in Motifs and possibly drain too much energy to keep Cadence going too.

Anyone with experience in that?
    Last edited by Yozbick; 03-22-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yozbick View Post
    I figured the Coda spam wouldn't be all that great because you'd run out of energy too fast and so get off only a couple Codas rather than 15 (1 per second).

The energy meter runs back up nicely while you are spamming Cadence. Switching to Coda spam would mess with twisting in Motifs and possibly drain too much energy to keep Cadence going too.

Anyone with experience in that?

at 5 combo points, coda is relatively cheap. I promise being able to hit coda even 3 or 4 times on one stack of combo points is going to be a healing increase, never mind for 15 seconds straight.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 03-22-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    at 5 combo points, coda is relatively cheap. I promise being able to hit coda even 3 or 4 times on one stack of combo points is going to be a healing increase, never mind for 15 seconds straight.
    I will have to test it. Thanks. Should be too hard to rob 6 points from BD for PVE.

BTW, another downside of the BD is that the +Dex raid buff doesn't stack with Fanfare of Power (Dex/Str). I usually run Vigor (End) but if I got to 32 points in Bard I could do Fervor (-10% action cost).
    Last edited by Yozbick; 03-22-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Shadowlander

virtuoso is a thing of great beauty.
    oh**** i cant omit enough heals guys, ****s about to hit the fan.......

muuuuuhaaar virtuoso+ coda res cods res cods res coda res coda res coda res coda res coda res ,

never once run out of energy and IF you do, you hopefully have just put everyone in range back to full 100% health. pause on your cadence for literally 2 seconds and your good to cadence spam again.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbz View Post
    virtuoso is a thing of great beauty.
    oh**** i cant omit enough heals guys, ****s about to hit the fan.......

muuuuuhaaar virtuoso+ coda res cods res cods res coda res coda res coda res coda res coda res ,

never once run out of energy and IF you do, you hopefully have just put everyone in range back to full 100% health. pause on your cadence for literally 2 seconds and your good to cadence spam again.
    I will respec to try it when I hit 50 tonight. Thanks! (Also, I just saw that Fervor is an Anthem not a Fanfare, so I'll probably still run End and Dex rather than STR/DEX.

+ Reply to Thread