+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sab time bomb...

Sword of Telara

Default sab time bomb...

seems like a very bad skill for PVP am i right?
    the damage is so low and the target is usually dead by the time the bomb explodes...
    also it costs a lot of energy and GCD

It's only worth using if you throw it right before you charge up, how ever it's not worth even speccing into.
    Briarqueue

besides cool sound its nothing
    Adapt or Die

Telaran

Useless in PvE too.

Quote Originally Posted by MadGelo View Post
    besides cool sound its nothing
    It's a shame it's so useless because it does sound pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotusfreek View Post
    Useless in PvE too.
    it's main use is solo PvE as it doesn't produce threat like a silent setup charge. so before a fight you can have the time bomb, then 5 charges before the mob sees you. by the time the charges are ready the bomb is about to blow. throw frag bomb, detonate, time bomb goes: if anything in there crit the mob will often be 1shot.

other than that not very useful i suppose.
    Sherira - Rogue - Saboteur, Bard, Rifstalker, Night Blade
    Irene - Cleric - Inquisitor/Sentinel
    Saffahh - Mage - Pyromancer/Dominator and the best damn level 9 Master Outfitter you'll ever see
    TheMickey - Warrior - Beastmaster, Paragon and his trusty kung-fu battle cat Master Korin

Station

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by tehmickey View Post
    it's main use is solo PvE as it doesn't produce threat like a silent setup charge. so before a fight you can have the time bomb, then 5 charges before the mob sees you. by the time the charges are ready the bomb is about to blow. throw frag bomb, detonate, time bomb goes: if anything in there crit the mob will often be 1shot.

other than that not very useful i suppose.
    In pvp its damage it not super useful but you can use it to pysch out people into backing off or running away which has proven useful enough I throw it out much more now than I used to in pvp.

Toss them out on multiple people when you're doing your bomb drops, it's nice. I've killed more than a few folks with it that had low health. I use them on target I want to wait a bit on before I det as well. Get them lower health so when I do det they die... Toss all 3 bombs out, gas'm and then det.

Mind you I am not a expert sab, I prefer assassin but right now I need the extra favor sabs get. People seem to focus on sabs dps but they really have some nice utility (stun bombs, silence, snare, persistent damage to keep folks from snagging capture points/etc).
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

Toss time bomb, stack charges, wait for it to explode, detonate, profit.

I've had saboteurs one-shot me this way, even after I cleansed their initial charges.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    Toss time bomb, stack charges, wait for it to explode, detonate, profit.

I've had saboteurs one-shot me this way, even after I cleansed their initial charges.
    A more advanced version as a Nightblade to use if you're out of combat (or have slip away) is stack one charge, toss the bomb, stack 4 more charges, stealth, Dark Malady, Annihilation bomb if you have it, Detonate. The Time Bomb should have detonated at some point during Dark Malady, and your target will be dead, or close to it.

+ Reply to Thread