+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with setting up macros

Default Help with setting up macros

Hey i need help on how to make a couple of macros and how to do it. For example i wanna make one button that will do primal fury, dusk strike, twilight force, and fiery spike....is that possible? And should I also make a macro for combing to finishers savage blow and blazing fury?

Soulwalker

#show Fiery Spike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Primal Strike
    cast Fiery Spike
    __

It will prioritize Twilight Force, Dusk- and Primal Strike if you are within melee range and never fire Fiery Spike if that's the case, or it will use Twilight Force and Fiery Spike if you are outside of melee range. You don't want multiple skills without cooldowns in your macros as a rule of thumb, as only the first one will trigger over and over. In example if you put Primal Strike followed by Weapon Flare, it would not ever trigger Weapon Flare, since Primal Strike is never on a cooldown and will always be the priority of the macro if that is "above" Weapon Flare. You can however make it so that it uses melee if you are within range, and if not and it fails, it will skip it and go down to the ranged skills. Handy if you don't wish to clutter your bar(s) with a multitude of buttons.
    Last edited by Absconditus; 03-22-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Telaran

I used 3 macros as a 51 NB

Ranged
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Fiery Spike

Melee
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Primal Strike

Finishers
    cast Scourge of Darkness
    cast Blazing Strike

All you need as a NB

Quote Originally Posted by Lotusfreek View Post
    I used 3 macros as a 51 NB

Ranged
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Fiery Spike

Melee
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Primal Strike

Finishers
    cast Scourge of Darkness
    cast Blazing Strike

All you need as a NB
    Seems u split urs up a bit more...whats wrong with the macro Absconditus made? knock all melee/ranged abilities out in one button.

Also is there any point to macroing final blow + blazing fury since they are essentially very similar in dps? I think my final blow may be like 5 points higher in dps than blazing fury...so i usually only use on or the other.

Shield of Telara

Honestly I would use the macro's that Lotus listed. Only because I like keeping my ranged and melee skills seperate and my finishers seperate from my builders.

It really is only preference on my part the ones the Ab listed will fire off just fine. Though the problem with Ab's is that you will never fire Fiery Spike if you are in melee range, thus losing the stacking DoT and losing some dps. This is the main reason that I keep them seperate. Not using Fiery Spike is a loss of a good bit of dps so I keep Twilight/Fiery together and Dusk/Primal together. That way you get the proper use from them. So I guess not just preference but it's whatever.

And to answer your question about Blazing or Final. I normally use Blazing because with all the +fire dmg on NB I tend to see better numbers out of it than Final Blow. My blazing crits anywhere from 1.6-2.3k and my Final 1.3-1.8k or so. Seems like a huge gap and its just from eyeballing recently because I broke my parser .
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 03-22-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Shield of Telara

There is absolutely no reason to split your ranged attacks and your melee attacks into two separate keys as a nightblade. Your melee does more damage and should take priority over a ranged attack. As a result, your macros can pretty much look like:

#show Primal Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Primal Strike
    cast Fiery Chains
    cast Fiery Spike

#show Blazing Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Blazing Strike
    cast Flame Thrust

Spam the first macro until you have 5 combo points then hit the second one. If your target is running away from you or at ranged you will do the ranged attacks instead of the melee ones. You could make the last one:

#show Blazing Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Scourge of Darkness
    cast Blazing Strike
    cast Flame Thrust

But personally, I like to not have that weak finisher during times I am pvping.
    This method by the way frees up alot of space on your bars to put your cooldowns. :P
    Last edited by Relanex; 03-22-2011 at 10:06 AM.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Se7EN114 View Post
    Seems u split urs up a bit more...whats wrong with the macro Absconditus made? knock all melee/ranged abilities out in one button.
    Nothing is wrong with it, but as someone else said, I like to keep my ranged on a diff macro so I do not have to run out of melee range to reapply Fiery Spike if it every happens to fall off. Not really a huge deal anymore at 50 in experts (on the rare occasion I run as a non-tank melee) because Trion hates melee on alot of the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Relanex View Post
    There is absolutely no reason to split your ranged attacks and your melee attacks into two separate keys as a nightblade. Your melee does more damage and should take priority over a ranged attack. As a result, your macros can pretty much look like:

#show Primal Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Primal Strike
    cast Fiery Chains
    cast Fiery Spike

#show Blazing Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Blazing Strike
    cast Flame Thrust

Spam the first macro until you have 5 combo points then hit the second one. If your target is running away from you or at ranged you will do the ranged attacks instead of the melee ones. You could make the last one:

#show Blazing Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Scourge of Darkness
    cast Blazing Strike
    cast Flame Thrust

This method by the way frees up alot of space on your bars to put your cooldowns. :P
    So, I have 4 buttons, and you have 3. But when I need to re-apply Fiery Spike DoT, I don't have to move out of melee. Split seconds count. Not talking PvP btw. But to each his own. Everything in the thread is viable. I might actually try out the quoted ones above for PvP. the 8 Keys I use now are hardly difficult, but worth a shot.
    Last edited by Lotusfreek; 03-22-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relanex View Post

#show Primal Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Primal Strike
    cast Fiery Chains
    cast Fiery Spike

#show Blazing Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Blazing Strike
    cast Flame Thrust

#show Blazing Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Scourge of Darkness
    cast Blazing Strike
    cast Flame Thrust

So let me get this straight for the macro:

#show Primal Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Primal Strike
    cast Fiery Chains
    cast Fiery Spike

pushing one keystroke each time will activate each one of these abilites in the order listed...so first will be twilight force....then as that goes on cool down next is dusk....then while that cools down next is PS...and so on etc. in that rotation over and over?

Or once im in melee range the only abilites that will cycle in rotation will be DS +PS?
    Last edited by Se7EN114; 03-22-2011 at 12:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread