+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Theft of Thought

Default Theft of Thought

What soul would make a good primary to team up with a VK/Dom anti-cleric/mage trio?

I'm thinking bard, but what else would work?

/reminding myself to not take Rift as seriously as I took WoW

Okay. I'll admit to not being able to read (i'll l2read when the theorycrafting starts to outnumber the qq).

What soul generates combo points faster over long periods of time? Sin, nb, bd, or rs?

Btw: theft of thought is the infiltrator 21 point anti-caster finisher, and i'm not necessarily worried about dps or burst.

Would ToT spam be able to pace a dom or vk's mana drains?

Telaran

For quickly brining them down, Nightblade with Ebon Fury. No CD on Dusk Strike, 2cp per use,20 energy, but only lasts for 15 secs. Could drain tons of mana in that time.

Bard could work, but Theft of Thought is melee range, so unless the cleric/mage is going to stand there and not move bard will have a bit of trouble. NB will also give you a ranged snare and ranged attack if they somehow get some distance. Plus a few defensive CD's in the NB tree. Almost forgot, 32 point NB 50% reduced healing enchant.
    Last edited by Lotusfreek; 03-22-2011 at 09:25 AM.

I have been toying with the idea of Bladedancer with that finisher, since you can very quickly build up 5 points through Flash of Steel, Keen Strike and Precision Strike. That is literally seconds--although I wouldn't spit too hard at the idea of combining it with Nightblade. Wich is currently one of my "definitive" role plans for PvP WF's at Rank 6. Smother and Anathema on caster, Fell Blades triggering, Cloudy Poison, DoT's and other goodies (I treat it fully ranged, don't usually go melee with it at all, but I would for that) - and tossing in a Theft of Thought. I imagine casters would (will) cry bloody murder. If you focus on getting the finisher out quickly, I'd say Bladedancer or Assassin is good choices. Stealth openers doing 3 points followed by Puncture is pretty much instant drainage of Mana.

NB Build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ss..xx0R0b0x0o

If you use Ebon Fury "masterfully", you could drain mana quickly and multiple times, on most likely multiple targets if they are close enough to eachother.
    Last edited by Absconditus; 03-22-2011 at 09:27 AM.

NB and sin have 2 abilities [1 in each tree] that add 2 combo points. NB has ranged abilities that add combo points and sin has poisons that increase the mana required to cast spells, it's up to you how deep you spec in either tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

Do you think a rogue with ToT could effectively replace a dom in a mana drain squad?
    What kind of cleric would be the best accompaniment for them? Would a sentinel/templar/justicar work?

+ Reply to Thread