+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard rotation at 50

Shadowlander

Default Bard rotation at 50

I know there are lots of threads on bards, but most of them are debating their usefulness, spec or fun-factor. How about rotation?

Ignoring the fact that we know we have to keep motifs up, what would a basic rotation look like on a normal mob - be it, in a 5 man or invasion?

Soulwalker

Default From memory

Naturally we want to get motifs up before the fight starts. Timing it with the tank goes a long way.

Once the tank gets aggro I hit my chord for 2 points then whichever coda is most useful (caster or physical). then I start the rythm

Cadence
    Chord
    2nd coda
    cadence
    chord
    1st coda
    Cadence
    Chord
    either ST DPS/AOE DPS/Heal depending on need. This is a situational awareness issue each rotation. I have heard the restoration coda from bards many times when the group is at full health.

As far as motifs it is not as obvious as it seems. Ideally you would just refresh them right before the old ones expire but what about if you are moving? If I know I have to reposition and there is less than 15 seconds left I will often just recast them since I cant cadence.

Then there are decisions about when to instaheal, riff, Verse of Joy and virtuoso. Plus mezzing from time to time when appropriate.

As I think about it more I am not completely sure I have a rotation like you would expect from the DPS. I think bards are more like clerics where we have many situations where we have to adapt (if we want to play well).

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicangel View Post
    Naturally we want to get motifs up before the fight starts. Timing it with the tank goes a long way.

Once the tank gets aggro I hit my chord for 2 points then whichever coda is most useful (caster or physical). then I start the rythm

Cadence
    Chord
    2nd coda
    cadence
    chord
    1st coda
    Cadence
    Chord
    either ST DPS/AOE DPS/Heal depending on need. This is a situational awareness issue each rotation. I have heard the restoration coda from bards many times when the group is at full health.

As far as motifs it is not as obvious as it seems. Ideally you would just refresh them right before the old ones expire but what about if you are moving? If I know I have to reposition and there is less than 15 seconds left I will often just recast them since I cant cadence.

Then there are decisions about when to instaheal, riff, Verse of Joy and virtuoso. Plus mezzing from time to time when appropriate.

As I think about it more I am not completely sure I have a rotation like you would expect from the DPS. I think bards are more like clerics where we have many situations where we have to adapt (if we want to play well).
    great! thanks. That's what I was doing last night. Just wanted to make sure.

Cadence, Cadence - Headshot or groupheal.

Never use power chord unless you want move.

Channel two Cadences to the end (6 combo points, wasting one).

I have mathcrafted it before and this is the best for both HPS and DPS.

If expecting a large spike damage *and* you really need the extra healing (perfect example would be AP's last boss on expert), just keep channeling Cadence until it hits, then pop Restoration and Verse of Vitality.
    Last edited by nand chan; 03-22-2011 at 01:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread