+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats Should your DPS be starting T1s?

Default Whats Should your DPS be starting T1s?

I am curretnly geared with AP/CC pre-expert and quest gear. When i run IT i can maintain 350ish DPS. Im woundering what other peoples numbers looked like starting out in IT before getting the T1/T2 gear. I know you need to hold 600-1000 for some of the end game currently just want to make sure im on the right track.

My build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ARftsfqddR.V0x

My Macro.

#show Savage Strike
    cast Posion Malice
    cast Serpent Strike
    cast Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Fiery Spike

Cycle through the following finishers watch the CDs on them so you dont over use them

Baneful Touch
    Impale
    Final Blow

My time is limited and i played around a lot till i found this build. but im open to sugestions/comments. And im also interested in other people finding.
    Last edited by daphat79; 03-22-2011 at 06:58 AM.

It seems the major benchmark for T2/Raids is 700 DPS. Warriors doing 1000 easily of course. But as a rogue, 700 seems to be the benchmark.

The closer you are to that, the better.

Haseno
    "Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
    I love my comma's, deal with it, chump.

Rift Chaser

500dps single target is bare min else you will fail at dps check bosses. You also almost required range spec for some bosses. In the end of the day go sab, check out rotation in sab threads and do your 600-700 single target dps with 2-3k on aoe trash until they fix rogues. As sad as it is it that, barding or tanking are the only options for rogue.

Before flames start, yes you can melee and be ok and do 600 dps or so single target but more often then not you will be a liability to the group compared to sab. Dont get me wrong i HATE sab spec, but it is the least broken rogue spec atm.

yea i usually roll tank but the past few days they needed a DPS so i went assas. I have a Sab spec that i use for the ranged fights. Im just trying to understand if im sitting at the right numbers now or need to adjust my rotation a bit to hit something higher.

Someone in my group that we pugged in said that i should be hitting 700 with pre T1 gear. I cant really see how that is possible. I scratched my head for a few hours last night trying to figure out how in the world i could get to even a consistant 600 dps without T1 gear.

IMO; Set your own benchmarks for T1.

500 seems reasonable.

But for T2/Raids, you really wanna try and push as close to 700 (or higher) as possible.

Haseno
    "Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
    I love my comma's, deal with it, chump.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by daphat79 View Post
    I scratched my head for a few hours last night trying to figure out how in the world i could get to even a consistant 600 dps without T1 gear.
    Like this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Mcyb0kkR.Vhb0h

1 blast 1 shrap 3 spike (Pre-charge and incriminate before your first det whenever possible on pulls.)
    1 of each (no spike)
    Repeat.
    700+ DPS, regardless of gear.

edit: Add 50 more dps if you melee autoattack while doing the above.
    Last edited by Dairuin; 03-22-2011 at 07:28 AM.

yea i usually roll tank but the past few days they needed a DPS so i went assas. I have a Sab spec that i use for the ranged fights. Im just trying to understand if im sitting at the right numbers now or need to adjust my rotation a bit to hit something higher.

Someone in my group that we pugged in said that i should be hitting 700 with pre T1 gear. I cant really see how that is possible. I scratched my head for a few hours last night trying to figure out how in the world i could get to even a consistant 600 dps without T1 gear.
    You can't hit 700 with pre T1 gear unbuffed. It's the value for doing T2.

quest greens sabo with store bought epic tank wpn will hit 650+ dps in t1s since all your dmg comes from your mainhand and only your mainhand. gear will up it, especially crit but for starting out your first priority is going sab (as mentioned) and geting an epic main hand (can be any weapon type with any stats, including str/block hammer as the ONLY thing that matters is the dps until you get some real daggers).
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

The Sabo is easy 650 it seems. Im more curious about the assasin. So from what im seing im about on par until i gear better.

Champion

for t1 anything higher than 300dps is acceptable, for t2 you need to be 600+.

Ideally your aim is to be at least 2x the dps of the tank/supports.
    Last edited by Dasorine; 03-22-2011 at 07:32 AM.

Ascendant

The Sabo is easy 650 it seems. Im more curious about the assasin. So from what im seing im about on par until i gear better.
    Probably. I could do 420~ DPS single target on my 36(38 now with a level 30 mainhand) rogue with the easiest rotation I've ever seen in any game since its auto-paced by energy regen. It's really at that point where you would be stupid to use any other spec for PvE. You can still have fun with other builds in PvP though, until 50.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 03-22-2011 at 07:33 AM.

The values (unbuffed) I believe are
    630 pre t1
    680 with some t1
    720 mostly t1
    750 full t1 plaque gear.

most non sabo will be slightly lower.
    Last edited by Reyo; 03-22-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyo View Post
    The values (unbuffed) I believe are
    630 pre t1
    680 with some t1
    720 mostly t1
    750 full t1 plaque gear.

most non sabo will be slightly lower.
    basically what this means is, a good sabo rogue can skip t1 and go straight to t2 without being carried since their min dps is still better than most mages in t2. especially since it's so hard for archons to exploit their dps, it's not easymode that's for sure and only a few ppl can get it over 1k let alone 1.2k with the rest tapering around 700-850max.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    basically what this means is, a good sabo rogue can skip t1 and go straight to t2 without being carried since their min dps is still better than most mages in t2. especially since it's so hard for archons to exploit their dps, it's not easymode that's for sure and only a few ppl can get it over 1k let alone 1.2k with the rest tapering around 700-850max.
    Yep if they can ensure they hit enough and keep their dps they can go straight to t2.

+ Reply to Thread