+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: sab stacks

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    806

    Default sab stacks

    maybe its because im low lvl(just 30) but it seems that 5 blast charges do only 300 less damage than 5 different stacks.

    also if i crit with 5 blast charges ALL will crit which means instant kill.

    any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Khroul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    307

    Default

    At 50,

    In a Sin/NB/Sab Spec, 5 Blast Charges with no crits does about 1800+600, give or take.

    With 5 different charges, it almost always does at least 4k damage total. it's hard to calculate the total damage, but it pretty much looks like 500-600x6 when I hit detonate. Which generally translates to like 3-4k damage. Plus two of the charges have dots, which do extra damage after the initial blow.

    It does do quite a bit more damage to use 5 different charges. Especially if any of them crit.

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khroul View Post
    At 50,

    In a Sin/NB/Sab Spec, 5 Blast Charges with no crits does about 1800+600, give or take.

    With 5 different charges, it almost always does at least 4k damage total. it's hard to calculate the total damage, but it pretty much looks like 500-600x6 when I hit detonate. Which generally translates to like 3-4k damage. Plus two of the charges have dots, which do extra damage after the initial blow.

    It does do quite a bit more damage to use 5 different charges. Especially if any of them crit.
    ty,in which charges do you use?

  4. #4
    Plane Walker am0nr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khroul View Post
    At 50,

    In a Sin/NB/Sab Spec, 5 Blast Charges with no crits does about 1800+600, give or take.

    With 5 different charges, it almost always does at least 4k damage total. it's hard to calculate the total damage, but it pretty much looks like 500-600x6 when I hit detonate. Which generally translates to like 3-4k damage. Plus two of the charges have dots, which do extra damage after the initial blow.

    It does do quite a bit more damage to use 5 different charges. Especially if any of them crit.
    Why is it 5 different charges does so much? I don't see a talent or anything that causes it. Why bother having a 4 Blast+1Other in your rotation if the others do so much?
    Last edited by am0nr3; 03-22-2011 at 06:39 AM.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by am0nr3 View Post
    Why is it 5 different charges does so much? I don't see a talent or anything that causes it. Why bother having a 4 Blast+1Other in your rotation if the others do so much?
    Sabs get a talent that increases the charge number of each charge type by 1. So if you have 5 blast charges, you actually get the effect of 6. But if you have 1 shrapnel and 4 blast charges, you get the effect of 2 shrapnel charges (1+1) and 5 blast charges (4+1), for a total of 7 charges. And this is compounded by the more 'types' of charges on the target.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker am0nr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazed59 View Post
    Sabs get a talent that increases the charge number of each charge type by 1. So if you have 5 blast charges, you actually get the effect of 6. But if you have 1 shrapnel and 4 blast charges, you get the effect of 2 shrapnel charges (1+1) and 5 blast charges (4+1), for a total of 7 charges. And this is compounded by the more 'types' of charges on the target.
    Makes sense. Thanks.

    But again, why bother with a 4+1 then? Wouldn't just spamming rotations of 1+1+1+1+1 do more total damage?
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

  7. #7
    Champion Fyrestorme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khroul View Post
    At 50,

    In a Sin/NB/Sab Spec, 5 Blast Charges with no crits does about 1800+600, give or take.

    With 5 different charges, it almost always does at least 4k damage total. it's hard to calculate the total damage, but it pretty much looks like 500-600x6 when I hit detonate. Which generally translates to like 3-4k damage. Plus two of the charges have dots, which do extra damage after the initial blow.

    It does do quite a bit more damage to use 5 different charges. Especially if any of them crit.
    lvl 50: 51Sab/5NB/10Infil = 1-2 hit kills
    Last edited by Fyrestorme; 03-22-2011 at 06:43 AM.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by am0nr3 View Post
    Makes sense. Thanks.

    But again, why bother with a 4+1 then? Wouldn't just spamming rotations of 1+1+1+1+1 do more total damage?
    Not necessarily. The primary reason for using shrapnel charge and ember charge, among many others, is their effects. Shrapnel adds a bleed, while other charges decrease armor, increase dmg taken, etc. Problem is, those debuffs don't stack. So while using Shrapnel Charge along with Blast Charge for the first rotation means more DPS, using Shrapnel Charge again while the first bleed effect is still on the target nullifies part of its' damage. The same with the other charges that adds effects.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker am0nr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazed59 View Post
    Not necessarily. The primary reason for using shrapnel charge and ember charge, among many others, is their effects. Shrapnel adds a bleed, while other charges decrease armor, increase dmg taken, etc. Problem is, those debuffs don't stack. So while using Shrapnel Charge along with Blast Charge for the first rotation means more DPS, using Shrapnel Charge again while the first bleed effect is still on the target nullifies part of its' damage. The same with the other charges that adds effects.
    Okay, I understand Spike Charge (the dot), but let's look at the other charges which have effects:

    Blast Charge: WDPS + 102-106 Damage /charge
    Shrapnel Charge: WDPS + 75-78 Damage /charge
    Caltrop Charge: WDPS + 66-70 Damage /charge
    Splinter Charge: WDPS + 66-70 Damage /charge
    Embers Charge: WDPS + 66-70 Damage /charge

    Now, a 5 Charge Blast would be equal to 6 charges:

    6* (WDPS + 102-106) Damage = 6*WDSP + 612-636 Damage

    A 1+1+1+1+1 would equal a 2+2+2+2+2:

    2*(5*WDPS + 102-106 + 75-78 +66-70 + 66-70 +66-70) = 10*WDPS + 750-788

    The rotation that includes Spike would be either 4(Blast)+1(Spike) or 1 of the best four + Spike:

    4xBlast+1xSpike -> 5xBlast+2xSpike

    5*(WDPS + 102-106) + 2xSpike = 5*WDPS + 510-530 + 2xSpike

    One of each -> 2xEach

    2*(4*WDPS + 102-106 + 75-78 + 66-70 + 66-70) + 2xSpike = 8*WDPS + 618-648 + 2xSpike

    The only reason I can see to include the 4+1 is that once you have a full stack of armor debuff on the target the 4+1 results in more damage than 1 of Each. Does the armor debuff impact really up the damage by 3*WDPS + 100 damage?

    Also, does the non-physical debuff stack with a Bard's debuff?
    Last edited by am0nr3; 03-22-2011 at 07:08 AM.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Reyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Spike *3 + Shrapnel + Blast ->Det -> Ember Splinter Caltrop Blast Shrapnel ->Det -Rinse and repeat.

  11. #11
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    507

    Default

    ideally you want to be doing:

    3 spike, 1 blast, 1 shrap, det, ember, splint, calt, shrap, blast, det, repeat.

    assuming you have enhanced spike and shrap and charge booster

    the 3 spike, 1 blast, 1 shrap will do the biggest damage, however it does it over a long period, though by time you've done the second part and set up the spikes again the dot should be finishing.

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dasorine View Post
    ideally you want to be doing:

    3 spike, 1 blast, 1 shrap, det, ember, splint, calt, shrap, blast, det, repeat.

    assuming you have enhanced spike and shrap and charge booster

    the 3 spike, 1 blast, 1 shrap will do the biggest damage, however it does it over a long period, though by time you've done the second part and set up the spikes again the dot should be finishing.
    is it recomended for PVP?
    also do you suggest to invest 51 points into sab?(for PVP)

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    507

    Default

    for pvp Im not sure.

    Its been working fine for me but im sure theres others that can push it that bit further in pvp.

    In pvp it really depends on situation, for example no point stacking up spikes on a half dead rogue, but definitely wanna do them on clerics to push their healing and such.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts