I have a role designed I've named the Whistling Blade. It's a culmination of a soloing role, which has altered over time to be a damage/per/second dungeon role, and at the middle range of levels has thrown a heal at the group when it is most in need of some regeneration.

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...assin.30205000

I have a question before criticizing some of the finer points of this designs specifics, the end of the game has up to three healers in a party, a cleric, mage and rogue. This design has the versatility (no pun intended) to heal, or hurt. It can easily move into or away from melee range with flashing steel, and cadence, power chord and riff allow quick accumulation of combo points at any distance, as opposed to a melee blade or assassin.

The damage/per/second focus on critical hits should make this a better damage dealer in the long fights, if the rogue is pushed out of melee, the riff and power chord quickens a recovery to use deadly strike, which empowers the other blade melee strikes. That and the assassin's expose weakness, and critical hit bonuses to inflict and damage make the whistling blade a strong melee.

It's flaws are par with the flaws of other rogues. A saboteur needs time to attach charges. An assassin needs to stealth, or apply poisons (the poison coating are a minor bonus compared with a pure assassin). And the bard can have the better motifs, fanfares, virtuosity and resonance, not to mention devotion to healing as the prime occupation. But if there are two bards, and the blade is simply thought of as a damaging bard rather than a buffing blade, there are added fanfares and anthems (only one per bard). The effectiveness of the healing is also better with the coda of restoration in duple for when the monster has a tantrum. And the motifs can be put up when the primary bard doesn't have the time. The last points require coordination and that is why I post on the forums.