+ Reply to Thread

Thread: essences for rogue tanking

Telaran

Default essences for rogue tanking

im just curious what greater essence is the best to get for rogue tanking.. and do they stack if you get 2? also i am yet to see good lesser essences w toughness/parry and so forth. do they exist or what lessers should i get as well.. thanks

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by tony32p View Post
    im just curious what greater essence is the best to get for rogue tanking.. and do they stack if you get 2? also i am yet to see good lesser essences w toughness/parry and so forth. do they exist or what lessers should i get as well.. thanks
    For my lessers, i just picked up some +13 endurance ones, we kinda get boned on those, as there are some good planar ones, but they have block on them .

In regards to the greaters, i use a crystalized stonesource (270 dmg shield) and a rolling stormsource (55 endurance proc).

There is a nice +threat one from raid rifts, thats about all that i have seen.

Champion

For greaters, I use the Waxing Shadesource (level 32 is better than Waning Shadesource level 42, which I think is a bug) to proc a 200hp heal on myself. Also use the Crystalized Stonesource as mentioned for the 270-point absorb.

For lessers, I was grabbing the "reflexes" one from Stillmoor, but a guild mate found these "Rigid Stance" ones with dodge from the Whitefall vendor, which I may look into.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Lucubration View Post
    For greaters, I use the Waxing Shadesource (level 32 is better than Waning Shadesource level 42, which I think is a bug) to proc a 200hp heal on myself. Also use the Crystalized Stonesource as mentioned for the 270-point absorb.

For lessers, I was grabbing the "reflexes" one from Stillmoor, but a guild mate found these "Rigid Stance" ones with dodge from the Whitefall vendor, which I may look into.

^^ what he said

Telaran

not seeing this vender in whitefall... hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by tony32p View Post
    not seeing this vender in whitefall... hmmm
    Vendor in Whitefall is just north of the portcullum. For greaters, I only use the proc +55end one, and I stick a lesser in my second greater slot. The 270 shield one seems ok, I haven't done much testing on it, but 270 isn't much damage when you hit higher tiers. As for lessers, the whitefall vendor one is probably your best bet, 2 ancient sourcestones and 500 planarite I believe, you can get some higher level ones off rifts, but thats very random.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Vendor in Whitefall is just north of the portcullum. For greaters, I only use the proc +55end one, and I stick a lesser in my second greater slot. The 270 shield one seems ok, I haven't done much testing on it, but 270 isn't much damage when you hit higher tiers. As for lessers, the whitefall vendor one is probably your best bet, 2 ancient sourcestones and 500 planarite I believe, you can get some higher level ones off rifts, but thats very random.
    2 Ancient Sourcestones + 600 Planarite, iirc.

270 isn't much, but... for that matter, why 55 endurance? It's not always up (from what I recall when I messed around with it), and even when it is, 55 Endurance doesn't mean anything if you don't go below 550 health. And it's very, very rare that I get that low in any case except where my healer is already dead. In an extended fight with reasonably predictable damage, I don't see a benefit from it.

On the other hand, 270 damage every, say, 10 to 15 seconds will add up to thousands of mitigated damage over say a 5-minute fight. It typically gets eaten in a single hit because the numbers are so large, so it might for example reduce a 2k hit to 1730 damage, which is not an insignificant difference. Same reasoning I use for the 200-some healing proc from the Waxing Shadesource, the 400-some healing proc from the trinket in FC, etc. That little stuff reduces the load on my healer and ultimetely, I expect, saves me more often than just an extra 550 health buffer would.

That's my thinking, anyways

+ Reply to Thread