+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fastest way to solo level a rogue to 35?

Shadowlander

Default Fastest way to solo level a rogue to 35?

At 35 I think I want to switch to a bladedancer build. I hear it really starts to shine at 35. So how do I level until then. I am currently 17. I've tried sab, and ranger/MM. They are both ok, just wondering if there is any faster specs out there? Sab is cool with its high damage, but seems a little boring just tossing charges then blowing stuff up. I like MM, but heard it got nerfed on most of its damaging abilities, which sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mike208 View Post
    At 35 I think I want to switch to a bladedancer build. I hear it really starts to shine at 35. So how do I level until then. I am currently 17. I've tried sab, and ranger/MM. They are both ok, just wondering if there is any faster specs out there? Sab is cool with its high damage, but seems a little boring just tossing charges then blowing stuff up. I like MM, but heard it got nerfed on most of its damaging abilities, which sucks.
    I did nightblade to 35 had no downtime or issues until 38 where it slowed down. Ive heard assassin is much the same.

Bladedancer post35 is extremely effective and 0 downtime.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Rift Disciple

A bard spec has almost 0 downtime and makes grinding out quests almost effortless. I would suggest that, either with Sin/NB as is more common or with Sab.

Its ranger. Under 10 it doesnt matter. But 10-30 I know its ranger.

Or should I say its putting 13 points in ranger and then choosing other line like assassin and nightbalde to increase the damage.

People talk about other lines having little down time but rangers can kill nonstop - even as they move with no down time. Its largly about using instants and letting your pet tank.

That said you should also have an assassin soul with stealth bonuses and leaching poison because some quests go better with sneaking.

EDIT: Dont use marksman, I tried that, its not very helpful compared to other line when using a ranger and pet.
    Last edited by Ghoest9; 03-22-2011 at 06:29 AM.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post

Or should I say its putting 13 points in ranger and then choosing other line like assassin and nightbalde to increase the damage.

People talk about other lines having little down time but rangers can kill nonstop - even as they move with no down time. Its largly about using instants and letting your pet tank.

That said you should also have an assassin soul with stealth bonuses and leaching poison because some quests go better with sneaking.

EDIT: Dont use marksman, I tried that, its not very helpful compared to other line when using a ranger and pet.
    I like Ranger for single target, but most quests are 'kill 10 of this' and 'kill 12 of that.' I find that a ranger can kill those mobs, one at a time, easily enough. But with a bard, I just pull 4-5 and AoE them down while I outheal their damage. Bards can easily outheal 2-3 mobs attacking them at a time, and with 4-5 they can do enough damage to start killing them off before the bard gets low on life. I've tried several builds for leveling, ranger included, and I still find the bard to be superior.

Maybe the aoe bard is better. I have my doubts, but maybe.

The ranger is hands down better than any melee build 30 and under.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post

10-30?

he said 38+
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrestorme View Post
    10-30?

he said 38+
    Actually the OP said up to 35 (as in 1-34), where he already plans to switch to a bladedancer build.
    Last edited by Krazed59; 03-22-2011 at 06:43 AM.

Shadowlander

Nightblade seems kinda cool with its mix or range/melee. I'm not usually a big fan of the stealth rogue. I don't hate them, I just usually don't like having to go slower and sneak around behind mobs when I'm stealthed.

The bard being able to AOE mobs and come out shining sounds cool too though. How well do those 2 classes work together? And which should be main? Ranger as 3rd? or something else?

Shadowlander

I'm trying bard/NB/ranger now. But I don't really understand the bard rotation. It seems like it has multiple abilities that do different things. Like how do I know if I want more armor, or more crit, or more dex?

i went bard/ranger/nb till 36ish then ranger/sin/nb to 50 but only when grinding mobs or not near pvp, if near pvp i used my sab/sin/nb build which i still use at 50. basically until bout 36 i needed bard heals for little downtime, but once i could max out ranger i didnt need it anymore and went straight dmg to chain kill mobs and even chain kill elites.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Shadowlander

I'm also not able to handle multiple mobs. Well 2 maybe, but 3 seems too much. There damage outweighs the healing from cadence and motif of regeneration. But maybe part of it is because I think I keep messing up my rotation.

Oh, well I just realized the motifs aren't a 1 at a time deal, I can do all of them at once. Thats helpful.
    Last edited by mike208; 03-22-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Soulwalker

It depends on what you are looking for....
    If you want something you can solo elites/multiple mobs, you are probably going to want to mix bard in with your souls just for the healing. If you run Rgr/Brd/BD you can keep your pet healed well, and take some hits yourself. BD wont really contribute a whole lot, but the 5 point hit bonus is nice for mobs higher lv than yourself. Just a personal opinion.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mike208 View Post
    I'm trying bard/NB/ranger now. But I don't really understand the bard rotation. It seems like it has multiple abilities that do different things. Like how do I know if I want more armor, or more crit, or more dex?
    For what it's worth I started as BD at level 1 and it has never been an issue with slow leveling. I plow through quests easily enough and even low levels before i got Scavenger I didn't have to stop to drink more than 3-4 times per level.

I don't know about "fastest", but I'm having a blast with my Assassin/Bladedancer/Riftstalker build. I've pretty much solo'd (and done a few dungeons with guildmates) all the way there with no problems.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast