+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best dps spec - Need exact talent build

Rift Disciple

Default Best dps spec - Need exact talent build

I know that Sab is the best damage, just not sure about the exact allocation of points. I'm looking for a good single target build, it doesn't need utility or aoe.

This is my "guess:" http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Mcx0b.VhtMho0M

Using Hellfire Blades and Smoldering Blades as your weapon enchants with 2 fast weapons preferably.
    Rotation: 4x spike charge, 1x blast, detonate - 1x blast, ember, shrapnel, caltrops, splinter, detonate.

Also I realize that the ideal best dps would be to put 3 points in silent setup and only do 2/5 in the +range to charge talent, so those 3 points I could switch. But I think that raid bosses pull at 24 yards normally, so it's not that big of a deal really, the range means you can dps better during kite phases and such.

Last edited by Reyo; 03-22-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Reyo View Post
    Um...they use entirely different builds. How should I know which one is better? Hence this thread.

Also Lexi's spec doesn't make sense in a few places. He spends 3 points on 15% poison damage, when he could have spent 4 points to get 30% weapon enhancement damage. That 4th point isn't vital anywhere else, it's pretty much filler, so I don't get his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Equis View Post
    Um...they use entirely different builds. How should I know which one is better? Hence this thread.

Also Lexi's spec doesn't make sense in a few places. He spends 3 points on 15% poison damage, when he could have spent 4 points to get 30% weapon enhancement damage. That 4th point isn't vital anywhere else, it's pretty much filler, so I don't get his decision.
    charges = poisons (ever pvp'd and had them cleasned) so 15% poison dmg = 15% more dmg period to everything but detonate (as good as the first 5 points in nightblade by itself), 30% weapon enhancement dmg? roflmao that is not worth it at all, infact if you go more than 18 points in nightblade you are losing dps.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    charges = poisons (ever pvp'd and had them cleasned) so 15% poison dmg = 15% more dmg period to everything but detonate (as good as the first 5 points in nightblade by itself), 30% weapon enhancement dmg? roflmao that is not worth it at all, infact if you go more than 18 points in nightblade you are losing dps.
    I didn't know charges were poisons...so yeah you definitely want 20 assassin and no more than 18 nightblade(19th and 20th point are pointless anyway). I figured 30% weapon enhancement > 15% poison, but if poison affects charges you are right.

Has there been any agreement on whether bladedancer or nightblade is a better 3rd soul? 19 bladedancer and 18 nightblade both seem very good, I have no idea which one is better dps. I'm guessing that if you need the hit, bladedancer is better. Otherwise nightblade seems to be superior.
    Last edited by Equis; 03-22-2011 at 05:58 AM.

I didn't know charges were poisons...so yeah you definitely want 20 assassin and no more than 18 nightblade(19th and 20th point are pointless anyway). I figured 30% weapon enhancement > 15% poison, but if poison affects charges you are right.

Has there been any agreement on whether bladedancer or nightblade is a better 3rd soul? 19 bladedancer and 18 nightblade both seem very good, I have no idea which one is better dps. I'm guessing that if you need the hit, bladedancer is better. Otherwise nightblade seems to be superior.
    only your white hits and shrapnel charge can miss. so tbh hit chance means nothing to a saboteur.

only thing is, once fully geared and able to melee, your dps goes up when you melee... it's just not mandatory, you still can beat many ppl loladps'ing at range mashing 1 2 3 4 5 6 until the they tell you the boss is dead and the tv show you are watching is on commercial.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

Use Lexie or Gery's build. They're both listed in their posts and have enough info that we can assume their parsing is correct. Otherwise you're left parsing it yourself to determine what is and is not better.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    only your white hits and shrapnel charge can miss. so tbh hit chance means nothing to a saboteur.

only thing is, once fully geared and able to melee, your dps goes up when you melee... it's just not mandatory, you still can beat many ppl loladps'ing at range mashing 1 2 3 4 5 6 until the they tell you the boss is dead and the tv show you are watching is on commercial.
    Yeah hit does seem useless I'll stick with 18 nightblade for now. I've read posts about 19 bladedancer being as good or better, but the first 10 points seem almost completely useless. All you really get is 15% dex, 15 energy per detonate and Blade Tempo cooldown.

Compared to 15% charge damage, 15% detonate damage, 9% nonphysical damage, 3% all damage and +5% all damage when hellfire is up. Nightblade sounds a lot better.
    Last edited by Equis; 03-22-2011 at 06:07 AM.

Yeah hit does seem useless I'll stick with 18 nightblade for now. I've read posts about 19 bladedancer being as good or better, but the first 10 points seem almost completely useless. All you really get is 15% dex, 15 energy per detonate and Blade Tempo cooldown.

Compared to 15% charge damage, 15% detonate damage, 9% nonphysical damage, 3% all damage and +5% all damage when hellfire is up. Nightblade sounds a lot better.
    Post 32 in the BD Thread from Grey. It really is helpful to read what everyone is posting in these threads there is a lot of explanation and parsing going on.

"The NB abilities are a bit overrated in my opinion when paired wih sab and assassin. Let's say that without any abilities a charge would do 100 damage. Then you add 15 from Poison Potency, 15 from Increase Explosive Power, 2 from Murderous Intent (tooltip says it's 4 but it's just 2 unfortunately) and 10 from Cruel Vengeance and now you are at 142. Taking the NB ability on top of that is not a 15% increase of the total, it just takes you to 157 which is a 10.5% increase.

Combat Efficiency takes me from using 5*30+20=170 energy per rotation to 5*30+20-15=155 and since energy is the limiting factor in the dps of charges, this is a multiplicative increase of about 9.7% and it actually improves when grouping and you have fervor or living energy to 10.9%. The dex bonus from BD is also more scalable dps increase than +ability damage from NB and that is not even counting the secondary benefits of having cruel vengeance and serrated blades up more reliably due to higher crit rating. Blade Finesse I took since the other options were worse. Blade Tempo is nice for DPS-race situations such as Infiltrator Johlen's devastating bomb but that point could also be put into annihilation bomb.
    "

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....0VMcxcb.VhxMh

This is the spec I've been seeing saboteurs use. For max single target.

Haseno
    "Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
    I love my comma's, deal with it, chump.

+ Reply to Thread