+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Dps rogues suck, they have since beta 1 , and alpha before that

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    134

    Default Dps rogues suck, they have since beta 1 , and alpha before that

    Everyone and their mother who has put any significant time playing any soul other than bard or marksman or possibly riftstalker in rare cases, knows and has known for a long time that the other 5 souls (6 if we count infiltrator) are a $&@!ing joke. No matter how much synergy you think you find, if you don't want to play bard, or mash a whole 2 buttons ad infinitum as a sab (blast and det) that you really should just take your pick of any of the other classes. As I stated, this is NOT new or breaking news. loads of feedback, and I mean good feedback with parsers and theory craft and math and actual data, have stated over and over since ******* alpha this is the state of things and nothing whatsoever has been done. In fact in several cases the classes that already had problems were nerfed even more. Are the devs brain dead? Do they just not care? Are the community managers (like that useless lump Ayase from aion) just not delivering any of the feedback or bothering to do their jobs? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERBASE AND FIX YOUR BROKE *** GAME. About 1/4 of the player base is rogues and the majority agree resoundingly that rogues are flat out painful to play. can you really afford to lose 1/4 of your player base because you ignored them completely? Its like aion all over again.

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara Pipra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerixar View Post
    Everyone and their mother who has put any significant time playing any soul other than bard or marksman or possibly riftstalker in rare cases, knows and has known for a long time that the other 5 souls (6 if we count infiltrator) are a $&@!ing joke. No matter how much synergy you think you find, if you don't want to play bard, or mash a whole 2 buttons ad infinitum as a sab (blast and det) that you really should just take your pick of any of the other classes. As I stated, this is NOT new or breaking news. loads of feedback, and I mean good feedback with parsers and theory craft and math and actual data, have stated over and over since ******* alpha this is the state of things and nothing whatsoever has been done. In fact in several cases the classes that already had problems were nerfed even more. Are the devs brain dead? Do they just not care? Are the community managers (like that useless lump Ayase from aion) just not delivering any of the feedback or bothering to do their jobs? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERBASE AND FIX YOUR BROKE *** GAME. About 1/4 of the player base is rogues and the majority agree resoundingly that rogues are flat out painful to play. can you really afford to lose 1/4 of your player base because you ignored them completely? Its like aion all over again.
    I like my rogue. I'll admit I'm not as powerful as other callings at my level, but I'm having a good time playing the game and that's what counts to me, in the end.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched TonyDanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerixar View Post
    Everyone and their mother who has put any significant time playing any soul other than bard or marksman or possibly riftstalker in rare cases, knows and has known for a long time that the other 5 souls (6 if we count infiltrator) are a $&@!ing joke. No matter how much synergy you think you find, if you don't want to play bard, or mash a whole 2 buttons ad infinitum as a sab (blast and det) that you really should just take your pick of any of the other classes. As I stated, this is NOT new or breaking news. loads of feedback, and I mean good feedback with parsers and theory craft and math and actual data, have stated over and over since ******* alpha this is the state of things and nothing whatsoever has been done. In fact in several cases the classes that already had problems were nerfed even more. Are the devs brain dead? Do they just not care? Are the community managers (like that useless lump Ayase from aion) just not delivering any of the feedback or bothering to do their jobs? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERBASE AND FIX YOUR BROKE *** GAME. About 1/4 of the player base is rogues and the majority agree resoundingly that rogues are flat out painful to play. can you really afford to lose 1/4 of your player base because you ignored them completely? Its like aion all over again.

    God I hate MMO communities. If you think about it, they really are the worst out of all genres. Hell, I'd take the racist spewing Halo playing 14 year olds over an MMO community. Yes, we get it, you think your class is underpowered. Yes, we get it, you have no evidence to show this (such as parsing) or theorycrafting. And yes, we know, you don't understand the class mechanics (Apparently Sabs only use Blast Charge and Detonate, who knew?).


    God I hope an EJ pops up soon for Rift, there's only so much official forums I can take before I snap.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    I like my rogue. I'll admit I'm not as powerful as other callings at my level, but I'm having a good time playing the game and that's what counts to me, in the end.
    Good for you, come back in a month when you've hit 50 and let me know how you feel about it then. It only gets worse. Much worse. Hope you like playing sab or bard because you will only be gimping yourself and your parties if you try to play anything else. $20 says you reroll or quit before then.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerixar View Post
    Good for you, come back in a month when you've hit 50 and let me know how you feel about it then. It only gets worse. Much worse. Hope you like playing sab or bard because you will only be gimping yourself and your parties if you try to play anything else. $20 says you reroll or quit before then.
    I'll take that bet. Assasin...........41 and loving it.

    So are we on for the bet then?
    Last edited by DeLuge; 03-22-2011 at 05:38 AM.
    Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLuge View Post
    I'll take that bet. Assasin...........41 and loving it.

    So are we on for the bet then?
    im sorry but im with the OP. once you hit 50 and realize you cant do crap in pvp (assuming you pvp) and then try to get groups of t1 getting denied because you are an assassin (fact), then you join a nice big guild that will carry you thru t1s only for them to fully gear you and force (yes force) you to roll bard AND sab because they are parsing you and realize you are a good 600dps (yes 600) behind all the other dps... and you still play and enjoy assassin? then you will be right, but until then i will cross my fingers and side with the OP.

    i rolled a rogue to be a marksman, yet here i sit lvl 50 as a saboteur bard and occasional rifstalker to tank... sure i have my marksman build since that is what i love, but u know what? ive never used it for pvp or pve once period, ive only hit a target dummy with it... and since i DO have a parser i know that i should never step foot in a dungeon or warfront with that spec less i get lol'd off the field/out the dungeon.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara Pipra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerixar View Post
    Good for you, come back in a month when you've hit 50 and let me know how you feel about it then. It only gets worse. Much worse. Hope you like playing sab or bard because you will only be gimping yourself and your parties if you try to play anything else. $20 says you reroll or quit before then.
    You might be right. If I'm not enjoying the game, I won't pay for it. But, for now, I'm content.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Vandrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerixar View Post
    Good for you, come back in a month when you've hit 50 and let me know how you feel about it then. It only gets worse. Much worse. Hope you like playing sab or bard because you will only be gimping yourself and your parties if you try to play anything else. $20 says you reroll or quit before then.
    I run a nightblade spec, an assassin spec, a Riftstalker tank spec and a sab spec. lvl 45 and enjoying it apart from the hordes of quests I get haha. Ill email you my paypal details so you can forward that money on.

    I do good damage, warriors are OP atm so comparing a melee rouge that's balanced to something OP is like comparing a magus to a marauder in warhammer online. Go play your FotM and then **** off back to WoW when they get balanced.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Shyzhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Im currently 41 and i love my sin, It reminds me off Rogue in Vanilla WoW. I feel some moves are made wrong or not as powerful as they should be and we can hope trion fixxes this or asks what people think needs to be changed. My m8 tryed to get groups as assassin and got into a few but it was faster for him to get groups as tank or bard so he farmed them as that. I guess it just depends if you theroy craft or not as over all Savage Strike would net more DPS over backstab so its best to use that. Just takes some getting use to.
    CPU: AMD 1055T X6 3.8GHz Mobo: MSI Fuzion 870A GPU: XFX ATI Radeon HD 6870 1024MB / Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 Core216 Ram: 8Gbz Mushkin Blackline DDR3 1600Mhz

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    it's funny how ppl think that lvl 40 or 45 or even 49 is like lvl 50, or even close to it. this isnt wow where not much changed at max lvl, this is rift where EVERYTHING changes at max lvl... hell you cant even spec for a 51pt talent till 50!!!!!! that alone is such a massive difference for many souls that it makes trying to tell a non 50 something a moot point. seriously, come back at 50 when you cant find a group due to every group having 3 rogues and them booting you for having low dps when they have parsers.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Brett Xiao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    I like my rogue. I'll admit I'm not as powerful as other callings at my level, but I'm having a good time playing the game and that's what counts to me, in the end.
    Amen brother.

    Inferno 11.6" / I7-3632QM / Intel HD Graphics 4000 / NVIDIA GEFORCE 650M 2GB / 4GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz / 500GB SATA HDD / ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND / Toshiba 24" Monitor / Logitech Speakers / Sharkoon Fireglider / Razer Lycosa / GAMECOM Plantronics

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    You might be right. If I'm not enjoying the game, I won't pay for it. But, for now, I'm content.
    oddly enough, im very happy as a saboteur even tho i never wanted to play one. but that doesnt mean i dont want sins nbs and bds to be buffed as i know they need it badly even if ill never play them.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    it's funny how ppl think that lvl 40 or 45 or even 49 is like lvl 50, or even close to it. this isnt wow where not much changed at max lvl, this is rift where EVERYTHING changes at max lvl... hell you cant even spec for a 51pt talent till 50!!!!!! that alone is such a massive difference for many souls that it makes trying to tell a non 50 something a moot point. seriously, come back at 50 when you cant find a group due to every group having 3 rogues and them booting you for having low dps when they have parsers.
    Umm there is a dps meter ?? if so were do I get it ?

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    i
    i rolled a rogue to be a marksman, yet here i sit lvl 50 as a saboteur bard and occasional rifstalker to tank... sure i have my marksman build since that is what i love, but u know what? ive never used it for pvp or pve once period, ive only hit a target dummy with it... and since i DO have a parser i know that i should never step foot in a dungeon or warfront with that spec less i get lol'd off the field/out the dungeon.
    And based on this, you complain MM sucks?

    Well done.

    MM in my honest opinion is not the one that gets shafted the worst. With healdebuff from NB or infi, they can actually pull quite impressive single target dps.

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I dunno im assassin/nb spec 5 points in rifstalker and level 49, I hold my own very well, I'll post a ss of the codex the other night, did over 90k dmg, Typically sit around 600+ dps, 800+ burst depends on the crits.

    My gear is far beyond the average guy. Yeah i'll wait till 50 either tonight or tommorow and I'll give more feedback at that point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts