+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A PvP build that works.

Soulwalker

Default A PvP build that works.

Hi,

Im only at lvl 34 atm, but I am enjoying PvP, with a build i'm sure i saw posted on the Forum once or twice.

The end build is a 32/33 Riftstaker/Assassin ( not sure about the 3rd yet could be Bladedancer or PvP)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...kz.0AMfxoroddo

The design is a hit and run PvP char, making sure you take all the dps enhancing abilities from riftstaker. Along with the shifting abilities (think it works out at 5 tpís).

It burns down a healer/Mage and rogue classes in seconds. When it comes to a warrior it's hit and miss and needing to re-shift for buffs and shield. If itís a tank I normally leave it alone, unless itís carrying the soulstone.

The question is, are there any lvl 50 Rogue currently using a build similar and how is it treating you?

Telaran

Yes i used something simiilar at 50. I have mixed feelings about it TBH. Compared to a 51 sin build, you give up a crapton of burst, serpent strike is really underrated in my opinion. On the other hand, you get a lot of mobility and CC won't affect you that much, survivabiity... that to be honest depends solely onyour healers.

So you have pros and cons, a deeper sin build would burn down a clothie faster, but relies completely on the initial burst, if your target gets away after that, you pretty much failed. Mixed with a 30+RS build, you will -always- catch up to your target, but the fact is that your damage after the initial burst will be crap even with the +15% dmg and crit chance after a planar shift, since it will be pretty much only by backstab/savage strike once JS (and situationally impale) will fade off.

All considered, in a WF you will probably get more damage with a sin/rs build because you will be on targets more, but a lot of that damage will be completely useless, the damage you will be able to lay down after your starting burst could almost (exagerating a bit) be outhealed by a bard.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueWong View Post
    Hi,

Im only at lvl 34 atm, but I am enjoying PvP, with a build i'm sure i saw posted on the Forum once or twice.

The end build is a 32/33 Riftstaker/Assassin ( not sure about the 3rd yet could be Bladedancer or PvP)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...kz.0AMfxoroddo

The design is a hit and run PvP char, making sure you take all the dps enhancing abilities from riftstaker. Along with the shifting abilities (think it works out at 5 tp’s).

It burns down a healer/Mage and rogue classes in seconds. When it comes to a warrior it's hit and miss and needing to re-shift for buffs and shield. If it’s a tank I normally leave it alone, unless it’s carrying the soulstone.

The question is, are there any lvl 50 Rogue currently using a build similar and how is it treating you?
    No Puncture or Blinding Powder? Why would you leave out a 2cp bleed and an interrupt? Especially for PvP...also, Enduring Brew isn't as great as it may seem. The only time I've ever found it useful is breaking other rogues blinding powder and a few other occasions. It definitely shouldn't be relied on as a heal. Serrated Blades is also not as good as it was in Beta. I'm having it hit for extremely low, however I also don't have good PvP weapons yet. Also, Physical Trauma provides a lot more DPS. The extra 8 seconds from Jagged, Puncture, and Impale really help out against healers and warriors since it takes a while to down them most of the time.

Other than that, this seems like one of the typical builds that has been floating around the forums. I'm not a big fan because I do fine with mobility atm so I don't need the extra ports and I really hate having to plane shift in the middle of a fight to keep buffs up. It gives us a lot of extra defense but I'm more of a DPS guy. I much prefer a glass cannon than a half tank half dps rogue. I know the crit + attack from plane shifts adds to the dps, but I don't see myself sacrificing abilities that are key to my play style for the talents in the RS tree.
    Last edited by mercilous; 03-22-2011 at 02:49 AM.
    Faemist - Rank 4 Guardian Assassin - Mercilous
    Faemist - Level 30 Guardian Warlock - Lexium
    Faemist - Level 29 Defiant Cleric - Kotsune

+ Reply to Thread