+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Marksmen proof of DPS

Rift Disciple

Default Marksmen proof of DPS

I keep seeing people say "I do 650 dps as my MM blah blah blah" and I really want MM to be even just that viable over a 5 min fight. Now the issue is, I have not seen any proof of this in my personal testing or in pics/videos etc. So I am challenging someone, anyone to post a build, rotation, and parse (5min+) of a MM main spec doing at least 600 dps. The main reason for this is I cant get it to work and I really hate sab (although I do play it) so I want a ranged alternative when we are not in a dps race.

Edit: I also do not believe it is possible within the current version of the game.
    Last edited by Mundolf; 03-22-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mundolf View Post
    I keep seeing people say "I do 650 dps as my MM blah blah blah" and I really want MM to be even just that viable over a 5 min fight. Now the issue is, I have not seen any proof of this in my personal testing or in pics/videos etc. So I am challenging someone, anyone to post a build, rotation, and parse (5min+) of a MM main spec doing at least 600 dps. The main reason for this is I cant get it to work and I really hate sab (although I do play it) so I want a ranged alternative when we are not in a dps race.

Edit: I also do not believe it is possible within the current version of the game.
    Depending on gear and the spec used ranger or marks you will be lucky to break over 550dps imho.

The problem is using any skill that has a cast time ends up being a dps loss.
    And the longer you go using one the worse your dps ends up.
    Marks can burst good and hits a little harder than ranger, but from what I'm seeing rangers always end up doing more in the long run.
    Get the buff from bard/chloro so you're not energy starved and the only limit to your dps is the global cool down and how fast you can click your finisher shot.
    It also looks crit is alot better for us than AP right now, so if you get choice between gear with crit or AP use the crit one.

Right now the guilds on my server are running the saboteur spec or nightblade spec.
    They don't even want 51 ranger cause those other two spec's do much more damage.

For the record I hold 490-510dps with the 51 ranger/15 nightblade/0 assassin and thats being energy starved on the boss test dummy and self buff.
    (330AP, 19% hit and forget my crit but its not over 30% even with buffs up, and using a 25.8dps bow)
    I tried running other spec's one where you mix it up, but if you go ranger and try to use the pet it dies to easy unless you go 51 ranger to keep it alive.
    Marks has to many cast time skills imho and I don't care for the stand in one place on a soap box.
    Last edited by NeVeRLiFt; 03-22-2011 at 01:16 AM.
    The overman...Who has organized the chaos of his passions, given style to his character, and become creative. Aware of life's terrors, he affirms life without resentment.

I found this to be a nice build, give it a try.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0z.V0xMh.VV0Vh

RNG-39 NB-22 Sab-5 15% dex from sab, combo/finisher boost from NB and some boost in Weapon enchants. had to dump 5 into lingering flame for enhanced weapon enchants 30% damage boost, but i was already high in the tree and i did not see spending them for anything else in ranger or sab tree.

anyway, give it try.
    Drive it like u stole it

Banned

Good to see you included the rotation and 5+ minute parse there

Noone roige class make dps like mages and warriors.. even clers have good dps on single target ;/ its sick and insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Varvacsen View Post
    Noone roige class make dps like mages and warriors.. even clers have good dps on single target ;/ its sick and insane.
    I hit 800-900 dps single target with Sabo...its just the ranged builds seem lacking. Best I average on the target dummy is 650ish, of course that gets increased with buff syngergy in parties, but yeah... Imo we need serrated blades returned to its beta beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Wigett View Post
    I found this to be a nice build, give it a try.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0z.V0xMh.VV0Vh

RNG-39 NB-22 Sab-5 15% dex from sab, combo/finisher boost from NB and some boost in Weapon enchants. had to dump 5 into lingering flame for enhanced weapon enchants 30% damage boost, but i was already high in the tree and i did not see spending them for anything else in ranger or sab tree.

anyway, give it try.
    I might parse it this evening, have my doubts though.

Still no proof there

Quote Originally Posted by Kinien View Post
    I hit 800-900 dps single target with Sabo...its just the ranged builds seem lacking. Best I average on the target dummy is 650ish, of course that gets increased with buff syngergy in parties, but yeah... Imo we need serrated blades returned to its beta beauty.
    Meanwhile warriors are breaking 1k DPS...

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    Meanwhile warriors are breaking 1k DPS...
    Last night ran AP - t2 expert, had a well equiped warrior with us. Due to the fact that zone isn't exactly pet friendly I beat his dmg on every boss fight in the zone. Some single target pulls I was at 900, AOE pulls 2k+.. Most boss fights I ended up at 800~ and the warrior 650. You gotta keep in mind with the over powered sabo build we can use a non-pet dependant build, and the flavor of the week Warrior build requires their pet.

Also I had him test the broken Paragon armor ignore. When he removed the points out of the 5% armor reduction his DPS fell 120-160... It appears 5% tranlates to more like 50%... So once Trion fixes that skill we should be equivalent dps-wise.
    Last edited by Kinien; 03-22-2011 at 05:15 AM.

i can see so many parses in this thread

Last night ran AP - t2 expert, had a well equiped warrior with us. Due to the fact that zone isn't exactly pet friendly I beat his dmg on every boss fight in the zone. Some single target pulls I was at 900, AOE pulls 2k+.. Most boss fights I ended up at 800~ and the warrior 650. You gotta keep in mind with the over powered sabo build we can use a non-pet dependant build, and the flavor of the week Warrior build requires their pet.

Also I had him test the broken Paragon armor ignore. When he removed the points out of the 5% armor reduction his DPS fell 120-160... It appears 5% tranlates to more like 50%... So once Trion fixes that skill we should be equivalent dps-wise.
    after thousands (lolright?) tests last night, sabos are just as broken as paragons with their armor pen since we get a -50% and testing this on a dummy (not a person) shows that we are getting a full armor ignore or at least there is a cap. cause i can hit dummy a thousand times and get an average, then have someone do some armor debuffs on the target and i still got the exact same numbers. that would mean two things, but considering what it means in pvp i highly doubt the alternative.

basically, shrapnel charge is the ONLY charge that is affected by armor, can miss be dodged or parried or anything! yet when parsing it does the most dps (wtf?) cause that dot is ridiculously OP especially since it hits adds!

ive had 5 charge shrapnels hit for 4k per target... my blast charge usually crits around 3500-3800 which is less than my shrapnel crit with dot crits...

also my dps gear is crappy since i gear for tanking, but one thing is for sure, our blast charge has the same brokenness as paragons, fortunately our other 6 charges do not so even with a nerf we will still come out ahead
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

Guys there are too many parses for me too examine, can someone highlight the ones that have the best info in them?

I find the constant *****ing for parses is entertaining. I can supply proof that Sabo does the number I posted. I can provide 650dps parse posts for my 31rng/18mm/17assassin build if you want as well. Just shoot me a private message if you are interested.

I have to agree with the parse proof on heavy MM builds where people are claiming 700-800 though, every time I have parsed them, the dps is crap compared to 31rng/18mm/17assassin.

I find the constant *****ing for parses is entertaining. I can supply proof that Sabo does the number I posted. I can provide 650dps parse posts for my 31rng/18mm/17assassin build if you want as well. Just shoot me a private message if you are interested.

I have to agree with the parse proof on heavy MM builds where people are claiming 700-800 though, every time I have parsed them, the dps is crap compared to 31rng/18mm/17assassin.
    i dont have parses since my guild is a pvp guild and only runs t1 for the lols but the t2 rogues on my server use MM for ranged fights as "they claim" they do more dps with it than sabo since they cant melee.

basically i translate that to mean, "30% pedestal scales with gear and since we all have full t2s/raid gear that 30% extra dmg makes us do the most dps."

it's kind of like the str vs dex debate for warriors. str is better for warriors until they are in good gear then dex is much better and continues to go up exponentially the more you get of it.

so my guess is this, if you want to try mm, get full t2 epics first or else it wont be worth the effort.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast