+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Targetless Incapacitate

Default Targetless Incapacitate

Had fun earlier with a higher level rogue stalking me while I was stealthed, occasionally slapping an incapacitate on me.

I started messing around with macro commands after that to see if I could come up with a way of making a targetless incapacitate, and think I found it.

#show Incapacitate
    target
    cast Incapacitate
    targetlasttarget

Seems to be working, handy for those moments you only have a split second to get one in on another stealthed Rogue.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

#show incapacitate
    cast @mouseover incapacitate

"should work" but i haven't had the inkling to try the @mouseover variable, so i can't speak from experience

Wouldnt the target last target thing work for any spell or ability on a stealthed rogue?
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

Rift Disciple

I do a quick Tab-3 when they flicker. 3 is my macro to incap and lost hope when stealthed.

Works fine for me, though I wonder how that option to use spells intelligently or however they put it would work with this.

In the options you can enable it so that skills find the closest target for you, so that you can just spam the Incapacitate button without a macro. Same goes for your various other skills of course, if you don't feel like manually targetting and the need isn't there. I recommend the lazy-mans option for targetting available under Options, hehe.
    Last edited by Absconditus; 03-22-2011 at 01:38 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srY8D3vs9Y4

There's a short vid of it in action.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muteki View Post
    #show incapacitate
    cast @mouseover incapacitate

"should work" but i haven't had the inkling to try the @mouseover variable, so i can't speak from experience
    The @mouseover works by casting the ability on whatever you have the cursor over. For the situation the OP was going for, incapacitating another stealthed rogue, if you have the mousing skills to mouseover to incapacitate for that, you might as well make the click.

@OP
    The macro works great open field, but things can get hectic when you have something targeted. You can't incapacitate your current target if there's another mob/person in range which means this macro will take up another slot on the hotbar for stealth hunting, not a big deal.

However, in warfronts where everyone is clustered up, the target part of the macro seemed to target random people other than the stealther i was mashing the key to incapacitate. I went back to manual mode after said rogue popped me out of stealth when I tried to incapacitate him numerous times.

Go with what Absconditus suggests. Less clutter on the hotbar and works wonders to get the jump on other stealthers
    Last edited by TridaggerX; 03-22-2011 at 04:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread