+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: (Rogue Tanking Question) 51 points for Rift Guard, or Avoidance?

  1. #16
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U₪ʭ҉ _Ħ View Post
    Works like a charm in experts for me:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oz.EItIuqzRkkM

    Thought i did use a 50/16 RiftDancer distribution at the start. As the gear get's better you can drop off a few % Endurance-bonus and Shield-absorb for awesome more threat building and 5%Crit Chance Raid Buff

    The Infiltrator cc breaker works nice too. (Fear)
    You share my same with with riftstalker, but your blade dancer picks leave questions to be answered...


    are you tank or DPS ??? blade tempo? seems pretty pointless to me with the 30% damage reduction with gaurdian phase and the overall loss of DPS, since points in other trees (even 1 in assassin for the poisons) would prolly inherit more threat. Only time u'd have a chance to use it even would be mid-boss fight and if ur having issues with boss aggro then there are other issues. The same goes for turn the tide. Those are 2 points that could go into bard for % of life (better than non viable DPS) or range for the passive crit bonus, or pretty much anything.


    improved shadow assault and rift prison are 3 more points that could go into health or something... just seems kinda tank AND dps build. Dont forget, spending those points into something like bard will also provide u with group buffs (motif's, group armor buff) because i find bards rare personally, and 600 more armor is quite a boost to mitigation.

  2. #17
    Banned U₪ʭ҉ _Ħ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rift Beta->Release
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildwolfay2 View Post
    are you tank or DPS ??? blade tempo? seems pretty pointless to me with the 30% damage reduction with gaurdian phase and the overall loss of DPS, since points in other trees (even 1 in assassin for the poisons) would prolly inherit more threat. Only time u'd have a chance to use it even would be mid-boss fight and if ur having issues with boss aggro then there are other issues. The same goes for turn the tide. Those are 2 points that could go into bard for % of life (better than non viable DPS) or range for the passive crit bonus, or pretty much anything.
    First, if you really want to criticize please do it based on encounters, not on paperworking.
    You've got it all wrong. It's not about the DPS but Threat while AOE TANKING.

    Blade Tempo has a 2Minute CD, which does suffice for every hard trash pull. We do not squirrel, we do trash pulls AOE, we've got a storm/pyro around.

    With this setup they don't need to let me build up aggro. Hit Blade Tempo, and i can keep hate up from 10+ Targets without switching targets. I could switch targets to ensure they stay, but i don't want to and don't need to. For me it does work and i don't need to worry about that part.

    PS: Turn the Tide + SideStep = More AOE threat

    In every Trash pull i can pull one of the above. Besides it's ridicoulus funny to keep and build up hate of a Boss while you do not engage him at all.


    I don't need both for Bossfights but what else do YOU contribute when you can be healed and there are no issues to keep hate?

    Having higher Numbers for the Sake of having higher numbers? REALLY? Sorry not my cup of tea.
    5% Crit Chance for the whole RAID >>>>>>>>>>> Useless nice Max HP Numbers. and poison triggers.

    If you really want to get dirty try to figure out how much healing you get and how much bosses hit you for. Seriously you are blindly overstacking HP and Mitigation for no reason. You do know how much 6% are from a hard hit like 4000 Damage?

    I hope it's been a joke about the assassin, you are trying to claim two poisons with a 20% trigger rate with an ADITIONAL dmg inherit more threat than flatout 30%+5% base modifier to ALL attacks?
    Keep in mind i intended it for AOE Pulls, so yeah too bad 2 Minutes with Bladetempo and a persistend turn the tide just fit nicely into each trashpull.
    Last edited by U₪ʭ҉ _Ħ; 03-22-2011 at 09:24 AM.

  3. #18
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U₪ʭ҉ _Ħ View Post
    First, if you really want to criticize please do it based on encounters, not on paperworking.
    You've got it all wrong. It's not about the DPS but Threat while AOE TANKING.

    Blade Tempo has a 2Minute CD, which does suffice for every hard trash pull. We do not squirrel, we do trash pulls AOE, we've got a storm/pyro around.

    With this setup they don't need to let me build up aggro. Hit Blade Tempo, and i can keep hate up from 10+ Targets without switching targets. I could switch targets to ensure they stay, but i don't want to and don't need to. For me it does work and i don't need to worry about that part.

    PS: Turn the Tide + SideStep = More AOE threat

    In every Trash pull i can pull one of the above. Besides it's ridicoulus funny to keep and build up hate of a Boss while you do not engage him at all.


    I don't need both for Bossfights but what else do YOU contribute when you can be healed and there are no issues to keep hate?

    Having higher Numbers for the Sake of having higher numbers? REALLY? Sorry not my cup of tea.
    5% Crit Chance for the whole RAID >>>>>>>>>>> Useless nice Max HP Numbers. and poison triggers.

    If you really want to get dirty try to figure out how much healing you get and how much bosses hit you for. Seriously you are blindly overstacking HP and Mitigation for no reason. You do know how much 6% are from a hard hit like 4000 Damage?

    I hope it's been a joke about the assassin, you are trying to claim two poisons with a 20% trigger rate with an ADITIONAL dmg inherit more threat than flatout 30%+5% base modifier to ALL attacks?
    Keep in mind i intended it for AOE Pulls, so yeah too bad 2 Minutes with Bladetempo and a persistend turn the tide just fit nicely into each trashpull.

    Not tryign to get nasty here buddy.

    but as stated (i think at least) if your 22-28 in the BD tree and ur not holding AOE threat without blade tempo, then your doing ti wrong. Sidestep holds aggo with the counter-attack, which is one of the main reasons i use BD (refer to original spec, not downsizing ur use of BD, just of blade tempo and turn the tide). Not needing a CC has nothing to do with ur ability to hold threat (again, if it does without blade tempo, your doing it wrong), it has everything to deal with how many damage you can take to the face, so it has no basis. Just was curious why someone would take damage abilities/skills over mitigation or health. 6% of 4000 isn't much, got it, but its more, and if you take away all the little 6% bonus', it would make a diff. Its better than a 5% bonus to the 65 damage hits.

  4. #19
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default Efficient rogue spec

    This is the spec I use. It proves to be effecient.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....E0bVh0MMM.xbz

    Also: points spent in Contra Tempo (found in the bladedancer build) helps you aquire combo points quicker to buff your avoidance contributors asap.


    Moving onto T2.

    Petrucci
    -Atrophinius-

  5. #20
    Plane Walker Kryptyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    471

    Default

    As one of the main tanks in my guild, I have no issue solo tanking Lord Greenscale with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...EItIuqdRkkR.xb
    Kryptyx - Guildless ;( - Raidcruit me!
    Riftstalker BIS Spreadsheet

  6. #21
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    63

    Default

    As someone in a raiding guild that gets to greenscale (with a Rogue MT'ing the bosses) I just want to mention:

    Our Rogue tank runs evasion, not mitigation. When you run mitigation you have a LOT less options and 'ways out' Just being in bladedancer opens up sidesteps... that alone is pretty much a free 15s of taking almost no damage.

  7. #22
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    108

    Default

    and where do you need sidestep??? As migration rouge you take so much less damage that your healers never get problems with you. And if you want avoid a critical damage ***** who can wipe you i always take the 3s immun to all damage sources (magic and physic) over a random avoid sidestep.

  8. #23
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aqvamare View Post
    and where do you need sidestep??? As migration rouge you take so much less damage that your healers never get problems with you. And if you want avoid a critical damage ***** who can wipe you i always take the 3s immun to all damage sources (magic and physic) over a random avoid sidestep.
    its one of those extra cool downs that you can press when in trouble (my dodge goes up past 70% which effectively doubles your EHP and hence the amount four healers heals).

    I am using http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...uqdRkkR.x0d.xb, tanking t2s atm. Personally i don't think its wise to drop any riftstalker points, because scatter the shadows is a very good skill, its equivalent to a warriors full heal (assuming your healer(s) are geared enough) plus a little bit more because you can use it to block a hit or 2.

    Using ranger instead of bard because im trying it out, ill give a better shout if it works or not.

  9. #24
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptyx View Post
    As one of the main tanks in my guild, I have no issue solo tanking Lord Greenscale with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...EItIuqdRkkR.xb
    If you spec into ranger>bard you will take 2-300 damage per swing less. You can see results here: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ng-Guide/page3

    I used to run bard, but found that the "miss chance" and extra health did not outweigh the benefit of the 4% damage reduction.

    As far as raiding, there is no choice but to spec 51pt RS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts