+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does Splinter Charge work?

Plane Touched

Default Does Splinter Charge work?

I've been curious about this.. did some quick runs and offhand, at least on the normal test dummies
    I cant tell that Splinter charge is doing jack in regards to reducing armor values (and hence increasing subsequent' damage.

Plane Touched

...in fact do we know all of them work?

Charge booster... reads that it adds 1'charge' to a "Stack", read the forums andmany have the impression it effectively doubles each type. I'm not seeing that, nor that I can really tell a 6th 'ghost' chrage if using all of 1 stack of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillstewie View Post
    ...in fact do we know all of them work?

Charge booster... reads that it adds 1'charge' to a "Stack", read the forums andmany have the impression it effectively doubles each type. I'm not seeing that, nor that I can really tell a 6th 'ghost' chrage if using all of 1 stack of something.
    Easy way to tell is to look at the debuff for Splinter. if you put up 5, the debuff shows the armor reduction as 6x instead of 5x.

Though I think Splinter gets taken off by other classes, as whenever I try to stack it it disappears around 20 seconds left, which I assume means someones putting something better on.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDanza View Post
    Easy way to tell is to look at the debuff for Splinter. if you put up 5, the debuff shows the armor reduction as 6x instead of 5x.

Though I think Splinter gets taken off by other classes, as whenever I try to stack it it disappears around 20 seconds left, which I assume means someones putting something better on.
    The icon does not mean/prove it's working correctly...

Ex:

5 blast charges, detonate...
    128 Detonate
    396 Charges

127/396, 122/390, 197/666 (both Det & charges crit)

Same dummy, 1 splinter followed by above...
    128 Detonate
    432 Charges

133/378, 130/360

Same dummy, 5 splinter followed by 5 charge/det
    136 Detonate
    426 Charges

138/390, 132/414, 138/420

Delve for Detonate: 344 (@5 combo pts)
    Delve for Blast: 122-127
    Delve for Splinter: 82-87, -98 Armor Value per charge
    Last edited by Roadkillstewie; 03-22-2011 at 05:47 AM.

Champion

would point out that the reduction in mitigation from loss of armour is fairly negligible and only for physical damage.

it only affects shrapnel charge as blast charge has the armor pen exploit/bug and all the other charges are spell dmg.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    it only affects shrapnel charge as blast charge has the armor pen exploit/bug and all the other charges are spell dmg.
    more later, but detonate should also be affected i believe.

+ Reply to Thread