+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trying out the Rogue for the first time in this game.

Soulwalker

Default Trying out the Rogue for the first time in this game.

I have been browsing the Rogue forums looking at the different builds people are talking about and Saboteur looks like alot I have been having alot of fun AOE leveling my warrior and celric is it possible to AOE level a rogue? I really havent seen many posts about it. Has anyone tried Leveling with AOE? Which souls would I use? Maybe Sab/Bard/Riftstalker? Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by boredlol801 View Post
    I have been browsing the Rogue forums looking at the different builds people are talking about and Saboteur looks like alot I have been having alot of fun AOE leveling my warrior and celric is it possible to AOE level a rogue? I really havent seen many posts about it. Has anyone tried Leveling with AOE? Which souls would I use? Maybe Sab/Bard/Riftstalker? Any tips?
    read these threads
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Top-DPS-Build

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-pve-DPS-build
    The overman...Who has organized the chaos of his passions, given style to his character, and become creative. Aware of life's terrors, he affirms life without resentment.

Soulwalker

Nice thanks was checking those out earlier I will look at them some more.

No, those aren't related to what you're asking. I'm also in a similar situation looking for an AoE build to level as a rogue. It doesn't have to start AoEing the first 10 levels, but preferably after level 14 or so since it's so ridiculously easy to grab aggro from a nearby mob and most of the time, 2-3 more and you just won't survive it.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Plop View Post
    No, those aren't related to what you're asking. I'm also in a similar situation looking for an AoE build to level as a rogue. It doesn't have to start AoEing the first 10 levels, but preferably after level 14 or so since it's so ridiculously easy to grab aggro from a nearby mob and most of the time, 2-3 more and you just won't survive it.
    Bladedancer can take on multiple enemies and do well. They are capable of high defense (dodge), and have several multi-target abilities as well as powerful reactives that work based on being attacked.
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 03-22-2011 at 01:17 AM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Soulwalker

Save yourself the headache, frustration and resentment and roll one of the other classes. Truthfully =/
    Telik - Defiant - 50 Rogue <Eternal Avatar>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by telik View Post
    Save yourself the headache, frustration and resentment and roll one of the other classes. Truthfully =/
    I already am leveling the other callings but I want to level all four to 50 and and really enjoy AOE leveling. Right now my rogue is only level 15 and I am working on the rest of my souls I think I only have 2 more left to get minus the pvp soul.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by boredlol801 View Post
    I already am leveling the other callings but I want to level all four to 50 and and really enjoy AOE leveling. Right now my rogue is only level 15 and I am working on the rest of my souls I think I only have 2 more left to get minus the pvp soul.

Anyone else have suggestions?
    If using the max damage spec does not matter then level what you like and suits your playstyle.
    Otherwise read the 2 links I provided and use the saboteur spec since it does a good 150-200dps more than any other rogue spec.
    The overman...Who has organized the chaos of his passions, given style to his character, and become creative. Aware of life's terrors, he affirms life without resentment.

You know those tough caster mobs in the burning houses in Smith's Haven ? No ideea why they are so tough but they have like over 2k health while the other mobs around have like 800.

Well I leveled alot of alts and I can kill those with all...except my melee rogue. It was actually kinda funny how repeated attempts ended with my rogue taking a dirt nap because of the extreme squishiness and below par damage.

And you should expect the same until maybe level 30 if you go melee rogue.

The only viable solo rogue leveling build is a bladedancer / riftstalker build with rift scavenger.

Try it once, you'll absolutely never go back.

Pulled a group of 10 trash mobs with 2 elites? No problem, AoE them down in seconds!

+ Reply to Thread