+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saboteur and Baneful Rune

Default Saboteur and Baneful Rune

Has anyone tested to see if baneful runes work with charges?

Baneful Rune is a recipe purchased for 2 Runecrafter's Plaques.

Baneful Rune:
    Damaging abilities have a chance to curse your target dealing 70 Death damage over 4 seconds.

I'm inclined to think that this won't work for charges due to the fact that Heat Retention doesn't work and uses the same phrasing.
    Quintae@Shatterbone - 60 Mage

Champion of Telara

Its not the same wording I couldnt tell you if it works though.

Heat retention builds on damaging abillities that build combo points. When charges build combo points they do no damage and when they deal damage they arent building any points.

I dont see that rune working on the initial application of charges but it could work on a detonate. Thats all speculation though. I cant really help you I just wanted to point out the wording isnt exactly the same so it may be worth doing a test if no one gives you the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    Its not the same wording I couldnt tell you if it works though.

Heat retention builds on damaging abillities that build combo points. When charges build combo points they do no damage and when they deal damage they arent building any points.

I dont see that rune working on the initial application of charges but it could work on a detonate. Thats all speculation though. I cant really help you I just wanted to point out the wording isnt exactly the same so it may be worth doing a test if no one gives you the answer.
    While it's not exactly the same, it's similar enough. They both ask for damaging abilities. Since I'm only concerned about charges, it doesn't matter that HR is restricted to combo points
    Quintae@Shatterbone - 60 Mage

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Virindi View Post
    While it's not exactly the same, it's similar enough. They both ask for damaging abilities. Since I'm only concerned about charges, it doesn't matter that HR is restricted to combo points
    Its not the same thing. You are not only concerned about charges you are only concerned about baneful rune. So youre right HR doesnt matter, but you brought it up.

My point was to test it out and see and to not let HR keep you from doing so. Since HR and BR dont proc off the same thing it was a stupid comparison to make I just didnt want to come out and say that.

+ Reply to Thread