+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ranged rogues beyond underpowered

Default Ranged rogues beyond underpowered

I play ranged rogue ranger and marksman since head start i knew that we are lacking in dmg but when i saw what a nightblade can do i understood how hugely underpowered my class is . This melee rogue was killing mobs 85% faster than me and we was with equal gear / level .

So as a customer of this game i ask how much time you need Trion to accept and see this and fix it ?

How much time to wait you even didn`t say anything about class fixes ?
    Last edited by Spitefull; 03-21-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Spitefull View Post
    I play ranged rogue ranger and marksman since head start i knew that we are lacking in dmg but when i saw what a nightblade can do i understood how hugely underpowered my class is . This melee rogue was killing mobs 85% faster than me and we was with equal gear / level .

So as a customer of this game i ask how much time you need Trion to accept and see this and fix it ?

How much time to wait you even didn`t say anything about class fixes ?

I don't think that grinding mob speed is really that key to balancing a class or spec, but if you like NB so much make a NB/MM PvE spec and use NB buff and MM skills?

I use NB/MM/INF and it works great for pvp and more then good enuff for the rare times when i pve (http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...x0M.VhtzG0gRoo)

Rift Disciple

Was he a pure spec NB? Did he have sin? What are the details? Was it one or two kills? Did you pop hit and run when he used his CDs? Were you killing 3 mobs while he killed one?

We can take your word for it, or you can provide video footage of both of you grinding side-by-side and using roughly equivalent CDs for mobs. MM seemed fine to me when I played it honestly.

He was Nightblade /Saboteur /Riftstalker , I was Assasin / Ranger / Marksman . His dmg on mobs and when we dueled on me was clearly a LOT more than mine dps .
    Last edited by Spitefull; 03-21-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Soulwalker

You have access to the same souls that guys had, so if you want to be 85% more effective at soloing mobs switch to his spec. There isn't some rule that every variation on a calling must be equally effective.

An issue would be if a warrior's best soloing grind spec was 85% more effective than a rogue's best soloing grind spec. Trion might look into balancing in that case.

Drop the bow and start stabbin'

Quote Originally Posted by Shot View Post
    You have access to the same souls that guys had, so if you want to be 85% more effective at soloing mobs switch to his spec. There isn't some rule that every variation on a calling must be equally effective.

An issue would be if a warrior's best soloing grind spec was 85% more effective than a rogue's best soloing grind spec. Trion might look into balancing in that case.

Drop the bow and start stabbin'
    Why should i change my playstyle ? The problem is not that th variation is not equally effective the issue is that these souls are a lot under the bar .
    Last edited by Spitefull; 03-21-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Just like most mages (necros come to mind), nearly every player I've seen playing them are really bad players. Just saying, that most of the rangers/mm combos I've seen are a joke. Those 2 souls don't even work that well together in the first place. Not going to be a DPS machine with points in MM and RANGER.

As for my Rng/NB/Sin I just gather up 4-5 mobs and kill them all in 10 seconds, while that Sin just finished his second mob by the 12 seconds.

With RNG you can macro your petattack to your skills and just tag them all up to your pet, then instagib them all.

As for MM, going deep into it then going RNG and putting points in it for a better pet is such a DPS gimp.

Ranged rogues are fine, unless you try to combine them all together. Like a MM/Rng/Sab or some crap like that, just a waste.

If a person is over 30 and is still dumping points into both mm and ranger, it just makes me want to cry since they are just going to whine that they are underpowered, when in fact their build is horrible.

Telaran

Ppl automatically assume that just because they are the two ranged souls they instantly compliment each other.

try a better combination like what he linked

I like marksman/assassin or bard depends if you want just raw dmg or some support too

Quote Originally Posted by Bassario View Post
    Ppl automatically assume that just because they are the two ranged souls they instantly compliment each other.

try a better combination like what he linked

I like marksman/assassin or bard depends if you want just raw dmg or some support too
    Before I went more melee rogue, I really liked my Ranger partnered with bard for buffs and extra healing. Not to mention if something got in your face, you could just swap to cadance and heal/damage that way till fight was over if you couldn't get away or not needed. I did same to double damage compared to my MM spec when tested at around lvl 28 (no, not remotely conclusive, but was an informal test for myself only). Reason for the range was the increased crits and atk power provided by ranger and bard giving about 8% higher crit rate and ~50 more atk power. Then add in the pet for tanking and additional damage.

rng/bard is a lot of fun in pve and pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Selix View Post
    Was he a pure spec NB? Did he have sin? What are the details? Was it one or two kills? Did you pop hit and run when he used his CDs? Were you killing 3 mobs while he killed one?

We can take your word for it, or you can provide video footage of both of you grinding side-by-side and using roughly equivalent CDs for mobs. MM seemed fine to me when I played it honestly.
    I can definitely kill faster on my NB spec than I can my MM one. I also tend to be a second or two faster than that on my assassin (provided I'm not blowing cooldowns). So, for leveling/grinding, I go melee.

In a Rift or Warfront, I'll often switch back to MM. With literally zero downtime between kills, being able to target and fire from 35m is priceless. Kill -> tab -> Kill ->, etc. On my NB or 'Sin, I have to wait a minimum of 10 seconds between attacking from stealth and moving on to my next target.

In this game, you need to be flexible. Look at your character as the whole package, all nine souls, not just a single one. Switch to the situation as needed. Each soul seems to shine in it's proper place.

I didn`t ask for specs i wanted to say that Marksman and ranger souls should get some love from Trion .

But Trion don`t say a word about any future class tweaking and fixing are they ?

Considering they still haven't hotfixed the paragon bug I'd say it'll be a couple of months before a serious balancing patch is made(despite the devs saying they wouldn't wait that long).

Shield of Telara

[your problem is ranger AND marks... the only thing marks does right now is lower your DPS for every point in it

Atm there are other priorities and issues that demand their attention tbh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast