+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MM build 51/3/12

Soulwalker

Default MM build 51/3/12

Hey my fellow rogues. I mainly came up with this build because I find sabo a bit boring, and melee can be a big headache after awhile. It is in no way a complex build.

I've been playing with this for a week now and I have to say I am really enjoying it. It offers plenty of support and sustained damage and when the situation calls for it clutch knockbacks or the cooldowns to burst down a healer or DPS. Setting up the sniper pedastal isn't as annoying as you would think.. ofcourse the countless times that kiting is called for it isnt really useful, but the other times where people ignore you.. you can lay down some hell.

I find this useful in PVE and PVP. In t2 pve we all know that being melee is a pain in the ***, not impossible, but you lose out on lots of dps whereas ranged has it much easier. So i decided that my hybrid sabo build to boost dps with melee wasnt the greatest. With t1 gear MM can dish out just as much dmg as sabo imo.

Here is the build. I am not claiming that this is the best build out for Rogues, just an alternative to sabo or sin. I hope the rogue community all tries to collaborate and help improve ourselves. I didn't put all of this work into my character to reroll a warrior or mage. I am going to stick this out and make the best out of it. So please add ideas and helpful comments.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...qdAudR.0M.V0xM

Please share thoughts on other builds you have come up with, or to improve on this. Thanks guys
    Last edited by telik; 03-21-2011 at 03:15 PM.
    Telik - Defiant - 50 Rogue <Eternal Avatar>

Soulwalker

I immediately must ask why you run 51/3/12 instead of 51/0/15 to get 3/3 fire and death attunement for the bonus to resists and +3% damage. The 3/5 Ruthlessness +3% crit really doesn't parse better than the +3% damage and 15% damage reduction

Soulwalker

Well it's been pounded in my head that crit is the best thing. I guess i never tested that out
    Telik - Defiant - 50 Rogue <Eternal Avatar>

I've been wondering how to play MM the right way, can you tell me the rotations and when to use the 1-3 minute cooldown abilities because I felt overwhelmed when I switched to MM

Shadowlander

I'd have to wonder if the wasted 19 points in MM is really worth the extra 20% you get in Snipers Ped... given my PvE build knowledge is limited as i don't pve much but there is a lottttt of wast in MM on speed/AoE for a PvE build.

Why not try losing that %20% dmg and maby more into NB and Sin?

32mm/6sin/28nb http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....0Vz.VhtMu0xMo

Lose:
    -Snipers Ped (20%Dmg not moving)
    -Fire and Forget (CP Gen on AutoAtk for 15sec)
    -Controlled Fire (Skill cost 50% for 15sec)
    -AoE, Movement Buffs, Range, Extra hit

Gain:
    +3% Crit
    +2% Phys Dmg
    +Stealth
    +Stealth CC
    +Stealth Silence
    +Stealth Opener 20% more dmg for 8 sec
    +3%dmg
    +9% Mgc dmg
    +Ranged Snare
    +Wep Enchant
    +30% Dmg to Wep Enchants
    +2%Mgc Dmg
    +30% Finisher Dmg
    +Finisher that Adds Magic Dmg for 10 hits
    +80% Dmg Reduction for 8sec

IDK i might be off base for PvE , i know that i recently switched from MM main to NB main for PvP and love it!

+ Reply to Thread