+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sab PVP 51 is a must?

Sword of Telara

Default sab PVP 51 is a must?

it seems like a sab with less than 51 points is just a waste... rapid setup seems like instant kill to anyone which is far better than having points in NB (for +15-24% more dmg)

Champion of Telara

Pretty much you either go bard or sab, or be happy dealing with whatever you got and feeling quite useless at times.

I personally think sab is a crap soul in terms of gameplay, and refuse to play it. So lately I've just been barding it up. I am more of a melee junkie to be honest because of the challenge it brings in having to be quick and so forth. But bard was one of the draws to the game, so it's not too bad.

It's really nice knowing you are making a difference, and I can honestly say that my bard makes a difference.

Yesterday I started out in my melee role. I do do things like turn in stones, sneak a few stones out and so on. But as a group we were getting stomped constantly. I got tired of losing 1000-250, so I brought out my bard.

We didn't start winning right away, but for the first time we started winning the battle at the bridge. It was still taking almost our entire group at the bridge while they were spending people at the church, but it was a bit upgrade for my sides achievement.

I started heading to church and we'd start winning there as long as I was there, but then we'd lose the bridge. We were still losing, but instead of 200 pts a game, it was 1000-600/700. Much closer.

Eventually we started to put together a few victories. So I've been sticking with bard because it's way more useful to the group as a whole. And let me tell you, that prestige grind is slow as dirt when you lose every single warfront.

Shadowlander

A sin splash is also viable for the mez's since charges do not break them (That's more for 1v1 and ganking though)
    Last edited by Tenebriae; 03-21-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebriae View Post
    A sin splash is also viable for the mez's since charges do not break them (That's more for 1v1 and ganking though)
    yea but the stealth is so slow so you cant really come close to them + the stealth is weak.

Rift Disciple

51 sab nerfs your over-all damage and makes you rely on a cooldown to get kills. If you shift points around from the 27/21/18 spec in the PvE thread you can get less stun duration and a stun which are both great for pvping.

Attach 5 charges detonate, stun, attach 2-3 more and finish them.

Soulwalker

rapid setup gives you an instant 5 stack of blast charge with charge booster = 6 charges
    now if you do 1 of each blast shrap ember spike splinter = 10 charges

51 point sab is horrid unless you have T2/ R5/6 gear to back up the loss of dps from the 4 stacks

/discuss

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by deathcupcake View Post
    rapid setup gives you an instant 5 stack of blast charge with charge booster = 6 charges
    now if you do 1 of each blast shrap ember spike splinter = 10 charges

51 point sab is horrid unless you have T2/ R5/6 gear to back up the loss of dps from the 4 stacks

/discuss
    maybe its because im low lvl(just 30) but it seems that 5 blast charges doing only 300 less damage than 5 different stacks.

also if i crit with 5 blast charges ALL will crit which means instant kill.

+ Reply to Thread