+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightblade/Riftstalker/?? Build Help Pls

Default Nightblade/Riftstalker/?? Build Help Pls

I'm a level 27 PVE levelling rogue. I currently have a ranger soul, and a bard soul. I'm about to pick up a third soul. I would like to have a mellee stealther. I keep going back and forth between nightblade and assasin. From what I'm reading in the forums, Nightblade/Riftstalker may be a better choice for melee levelling. I just can't find a link to a solid nightblade build. Most builds just put 10-15 points into nightblade. So if anyone can give up a link to a solid nightblade levelling build, please post it. Thank You.

please help bump

Im level 16 and doing straight deep NB and am having 0 problems leveling and pvping 1v1. WFs, however, are another story :/

Soulwalker

Assassin would be my 3rd, I tried it with nightblade and while it does work well I just found I was putting our more DPS with Sin. I have been leveling really quickly using the information from this post.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ht=Bladedancer

It does not fully come into it's own till 35 but after that I was able to solo 3 or more mobs and still be full health after the encounter. It is not the greatest in the way of DPS, but survival is really great and when running quests or grinding mobs to quests you will be just about full health after every battle if you do it correctly

Hope that helps

Riordan

if you are looking for squishy melee with high dps (with a cool down or two for Some survivability) look at deep nightblade.

If you want more robust melee, look at the blade dancer tree perhaps. Rift stalker is more survivability at a cost of some more dps.

It is all personal preference really, I think nightblade is pretty fun personally, but it is a very squishy rogue over all, your survivability comes from killing stuff before it hurts you too bad, it does have some aoe for the occasional add too, but it is best for taking on mobs one at a time and thrashing them.

sin = super stealthy
    nb = kinda stealthy, high burst
    bd = kinda tanky, decent damage, great support soul
    rs = high survivability, mediocre damage, great support soul

havnt used sin too much yet, as I have been more running and gunning while leveling, not so much sneaking around picking my fights.

Bard seems to be the best leveling spec for balance between survivability and actually doing some killing, in my book, and if you want it to feel meleeish with ranged ability, look to bard\nightblade\riftstalker.

Does anyone have build linkd for these. I think that's what I'm getting stuck on. I think you hit it on the head. I do not want to be squishy for melee levelling. I'd like to be able to take on 2-3 same level mobs without having to drink during the fight.

Maybe an assasin/riftstalker/nightblade build would be better. Riftstalker has the 13 point combo point heal, plus rift guard or rift barrier. Assasin has leeching poison for a little self healing.

I guess what I need is a combination of damage mitigation, some self-heals, decent aoe, and decent single target. None of them need to top any charts, however, allowme to kill multiple mobs with no down time. If anyone has a good build pls share it.

+ Reply to Thread