+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Nightblade 10

Default The Nightblade 10

Tried searching but I got nothing based on multiple attempts at trying to study what I call the "Nightblade 10".

It's the 10 points you put in nightblade that grant 15% boosts to CP generators and finishers. You also get 30 seconds of stealth, ranged combo point generator, AE melee attack, weapon buff, fire based finisher. If you are not doing a main nightblade, is this pretty much the best use of 10 points in a single tree to supplement just about anything??

Going 51 sin?? Take the nightblade 10. Saoteur?? 15% more dmg on charges, dets, and bombs. Full Marksman? NB 10 makes everything that much more effective. BladeDancer?? Again, grab that nightblade 10. Anyone with level 50s figure out just how good this is compared to other souls granting less passive buffs but more utilities and abilities??

Edit: Mainly for PVE leveling and or grouping/raiding. Not so much for PVP.
    Last edited by BucMan; 03-21-2011 at 11:11 AM.
    "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

A friend and I have discussed this. I have had "The NB 10" in damn near every spec I've done damage in. It's just too good to leave out.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

Nothing compares to the NB10... except bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    Nothing compares to the NB10... except bacon.
    Bacon???

Any other thoughts or is the NB10 really just that good??

Plane Touched

I like that term, the NB10. It is quite applicable, as I can't see any reason not to have it in pretty much every DPS build. My rogue just hit 22, ranger/nb/sin. As much as I want the new wolf pet and will want the new pig at 24, I'm unwilling to give up the increased damage in order to get full points in ranger to obtain them at lvl. Considering that 90% (just a guess) of our damage comes from CP and finisher attacks, NB10 is pretty much a must-have. I even use it in my main bard spec to boost my heals from cadence, as I'm sure by now is pretty standard for most bards.

edit: bacon is pretty win though, I should just add bacon to my sig and it would be complete.
    Last edited by Baynne; 03-21-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Rift Disciple

Default You should call it the NB 12...

Quote Originally Posted by BucMan View Post
    Tried searching but I got nothing based on multiple attempts at trying to study what I call the "Nightblade 10".

It's the 10 points you put in nightblade that grant 15% boosts to CP generators and finishers. You also get 30 seconds of stealth, ranged combo point generator, AE melee attack, weapon buff, fire based finisher. If you are not doing a main nightblade, is this pretty much the best use of 10 points in a single tree to supplement just about anything??

Going 51 sin?? Take the nightblade 10. Saoteur?? 15% more dmg on charges, dets, and bombs. Full Marksman? NB 10 makes everything that much more effective. BladeDancer?? Again, grab that nightblade 10. Anyone with level 50s figure out just how good this is compared to other souls granting less passive buffs but more utilities and abilities??

The 12 pt Ability Dark Malice opens from stealth with a 2pt combo and +20% dmg... If you are going to invest in 10 pts you might as well spend and extra 2pts for +20% dmg for 10 secs (20m range) and quicker finishers... Especially in Ranger and MM builds.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nfrad View Post
    The 12 pt Ability Dark Malice opens from stealth with a 2pt combo and +20% dmg... If you are going to invest in 10 pts you might as well spend and extra 2pts for +20% dmg for 10 secs (20m range) and quicker finishers... Especially in Ranger and MM builds.
    Good point. And what better than Melted Skin for those 2 points?

There'll be no gratuitous coining of phrases in this forum, thanks.
    "Well get used to it, because it's kind of my main move."

I approve of this.

But I'm maining a nightblade so I may be bias

Soulwalker

Plan to have NB10 with my Ranger/Bard. Too nice to pass up.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xevron View Post
    There'll be no gratuitous coining of phrases in this forum, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston View Post
    Plan to have NB10 with my Ranger/Bard. Too nice to pass up.
    Phrase coined :P

Rift Disciple

NB 15 imho.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nfrad View Post
    unless your going assasin main, in which case jagged strike is what you would usually open with, afaik (it's what i do anyway)

if your going 12, sab i think is the only soul where you go fire and death over melted skin, although that depends on if you get in for melee attacks, or get ranged attacks off using ranger/marks as 3rd soul. if you got the points, go 15 and get both. easier to do on 51/1x/x builds i think.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BucMan View Post

Bombs are neither combo point generating or finishers and shouldn't increase from them but otherwise it synergises with most specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivlov View Post
    Bombs are neither combo point generating or finishers and shouldn't increase from them but otherwise it synergises with most specs.
    Ah, my mistake. Still, quite a powerful punch Trion packed into one of the rogue souls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast