+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sab pve

Default sab pve

yes, I know.. Many threads about it. I'm only level 21, so forgive my ignorance please.

I currently am mostly Sab with some points spent in Ranger.

I feel the pet does help me plant my charges. However, when I'm dealing with a pack is where I struggle.

I've tried laying down the AoE Slow and the AoE poison. Can anyone offer tips on how to deal with the agro from mobs your pet isn't tanking, or a good 3rd soul to muscle through it. I know there is a "tanking" soul, however, i don't think at my level spending points into it would be a good idea.

Thank you in advance.

Soulwalker

Default SAB Pve

Grab Bladedancer as your 3rd soul and use the 15 second evasion buff to give you enough time to demolish mobs while they are trying to beat on you.

Get rid of your Ranger spec... after a certain lvl, your pets aren't going to lvl with you and you'll end up with a grey con pet getting 2 shotted by mobs, not to mention, he'll never be able to hold aggro.

HI TORCH!

That's some good info.. what does the exhausted mean though? Will I still be able to plant charges?

Cause I also like the cheap 5 points for Dodge if I wanted to put points in a 3rd spec.
    Last edited by Bostish; 03-21-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Place the trap that roots just in-front of where your going to stand, pull, throw aoe slow..

That should do it and once you hit 31 add in the landmines, also, make sure your bursting them down one at a time so not to break the root...

That's some good info.. what does the exhausted mean though? Will I still be able to plant charges?
    Its a debuff that means you cant use a similar bladedancer ability for a short while..
    Last edited by Bloodmaw; 03-21-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Awesome, ty

Root Trap
    Toss Charges
    AoE Slow
    Evasion

I can't wait to try this out.. Thank you very much

Actually, if you split down the middle ranger/saboteur, your pet will get better and will be able to hold aggro.

I planned on doing ranger for a bit as suggested above. Though, may not be my level 50 soul. I'm kind of burnt on endgame raiding and whatnot. Just plan on PvE/PvP Casual. Doesn't mean I don't want to Pew Pew and cause QQ.. Just not interested in the time investment

However, that being said. The above worked real well, and now seems so obvious.

I think there is a bug though. When I plant the trap with a mob highlighted. My pet considers it an attack and rushes in.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MTNV.VVo0Azzz.V0o

is my current spec @ level 22

with AoE hotkeys of

#show Shrapnel Charge
    cast fragmentation bomb
    cast time bomb
    cast annihilation bomb
    cast crippling shot <-- I know it's single target but just in-case it pulls away or pvp
    cast shrapnel charge

#Show Detonate
    cast Detonate

for single target; I have been using the basic

blast charge * 5, Detonate

Should I weave in other ones, or just stacking blast a bunch of times pretty much ok in many 1v1 encounters?
    Last edited by Bostish; 03-21-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Just another question. Didn't think I should make a new thread.

I'm still Sab/Rang/BD

I was looking at the 2% ranged damage buff from "Killing Focus"
    I know this will help my auto attack when using my bow. However, I think my bow counts as my Sab damage since it's out.

The question is, will the 2% ranged bonus from this selection help the sab damage?
    I guess in a geeky way, does it increase the dps of my bow, thus increasing the dmg my charges do?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bostish View Post
    Just another question. Didn't think I should make a new thread.

I'm still Sab/Rang/BD

I was looking at the 2% ranged damage buff from "Killing Focus"
    I know this will help my auto attack when using my bow. However, I think my bow counts as my Sab damage since it's out.

The question is, will the 2% ranged bonus from this selection help the sab damage?
    I guess in a geeky way, does it increase the dps of my bow, thus increasing the dmg my charges do?
    It'll increase it if your damage if the sab is considered ranged with the bow otherwise it probably won't and 2% isn't anything to theory-craft at level 26 .

You NEED charge booster for saboteur. Don't even consider using the charges if you don't have it. It effectively doubles your damage and you should be able to clear through mobs pretty fast with 1 of each bomb once you get all the direct damage ones. Honestly, I wouldn't consider fragmentation bomb or time bomb to be worth it at low level either considering that they lower DPS at 50.

Soulwalker

Default Sab/ranger/RS

I just hit level 34 and have 31 sab/8 RS/6 Ranger. Dont worry about your pet becoming weak until level 30. I still take on 2-3 level 34 mobs with a level 34 pet. But I am also putting my points into ranger to get a stronger pet now. How I take on 2 to 4 mobs is like this. First slap a heal on pet then throw time bomb (time bomb will cause your pet to attack and not pull agro to you). Stack 5 shrapnel charges on mob then quickly switch pet to attack a different mob (pet should gain agro from second mob before TB and shrapnel goes off). Throw annihilation bomb to stun all mobs,detonate shrapnel, drop entangling trap while they are stunned and back away. Toss Adhesive bomb and create some distance between you and the mobs. Then just continue to stack Shrapnel on as long as there are 2+ mobs. I level with 0 downtime, taking on 1-4 equal level mobs like this. Eventually you want your pet to raise levels. But until level 28-30 you will do fine.

+ Reply to Thread