+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bard t2 support role ?

Plane Walker

Default bard t2 support role ?

i'm playing a bard once in a while when my guild needs a support for a specific dungeon.

tough i'm starting to notice and i've been discussing this with some of my guildmates. the buffing a bard does is fine. no problem about it.

but the rest just slacks behidn horribly. the healing is just stupidly low. and so is the damage.

k i know i'm not a healer or a damage dealer. but in the end the buffing alone doesn't get me a sustained roll in a tier 2 dungeon as you just need a second healer most of the time except if your going with a great geared healer and tank. and for support healing a bard does not cut it.

as for dmg k i agree it should be low.

my main issue's with bard healing are they do not go up with any stat at all.

yes cadence goes up with weapon dmg but thats the only 1.

verse of vitality = set amount can only crit or be buffed due player buffs as the motif of grandeur
    motif or regeneration = same as above.
    coda of restoration = same as above.

yes in raids a bard is usefull mainly for their buffs as they are usually slightely better then other buffs. and that little bid of raidhealing is handy but not that good.

i'd say let bard healing stack with weapon dmg like cadence. (wich does to little healing aswel in my opinion)

or i'm doing something horribly wrong ifso pls do give me an detailed explanation.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by bahizret View Post
    i'm playing a bard once in a while when my guild needs a support for a specific dungeon.

tough i'm starting to notice and i've been discussing this with some of my guildmates. the buffing a bard does is fine. no problem about it.

but the rest just slacks behidn horribly. the healing is just stupidly low. and so is the damage.

k i know i'm not a healer or a damage dealer. but in the end the buffing alone doesn't get me a sustained roll in a tier 2 dungeon as you just need a second healer most of the time except if your going with a great geared healer and tank. and for support healing a bard does not cut it.

as for dmg k i agree it should be low.

my main issue's with bard healing are they do not go up with any stat at all.

yes cadence goes up with weapon dmg but thats the only 1.

verse of vitality = set amount can only crit or be buffed due player buffs as the motif of grandeur
    motif or regeneration = same as above.
    coda of restoration = same as above.

yes in raids a bard is usefull mainly for their buffs as they are usually slightely better then other buffs. and that little bid of raidhealing is handy but not that good.

i'd say let bard healing stack with weapon dmg like cadence. (wich does to little healing aswel in my opinion)

or i'm doing something horribly wrong ifso pls do give me an detailed explanation.
    Sorry boss, I miss my bard spec but I run full time with a chloro he does every effective healing job MUCH better than a bard and much more dps (he can sustain 400ish). The ONLY time bard is better, or even needed, is when there's slow-ish aoe dps that needs to be healed. I wish this wasn't the case, and I WISH they'd give bard a "Synthesis" like ability that lets a portion of our aoe heals to be redirected to a single target, but the fact of the matter is is chloro is just much better suited to support.

Your group takes your bard for heals?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    Your group takes your bard for heals?
    its called support healer as what else will you take a bard ? support dps ?

as i said the buffing alone just aint enough for a t2
    Last edited by bahizret; 03-21-2011 at 12:05 PM.

When I run T1 with my Bard spec I'm usually doing half as much healing as the main cleric/healer.(use parser to track it)
    And if given a chance to dps I can hold about 330 dps.
    I don't focus on trying to dps, I keep all my buff/debuff's rolling and healing the tank.

Most people on my server love having a bard in their group as it just makes for smoother run.
    Last edited by NeVeRLiFt; 03-21-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    The overman...Who has organized the chaos of his passions, given style to his character, and become creative. Aware of life's terrors, he affirms life without resentment.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by NeVeRLiFt View Post
    When I run T1 with my Bard spec I'm usually doing half as much healing as the main cleric/healer.(use parser to track it)
    And if given a chance to dps I can hold about 330 dps.
    I don't focus on trying to dps, I keep all my buff/debuff's rolling and healing the tank.

Most people on my server love having a bard in their group as it just makes for smoother run.
    1 word, 4 syllables

Chloromancer.

Shield of Telara

Honestly I have found the healing I push out with bard to be fine as a support heal as long as the main heal and tank are competent. (Unless you are PuG'ing t2's this should be a given). Virtuoso lets me dump a decent, I mean relatively speaking, amount of healing out in a short amount of time in case a healer gets silenced/feared/stunned/whathaveyou.

I dont know it seems like it serves its purpose pretty well. I really would love them to increase range on the songs to be equivalent to Ranged attacks though. On my ranged builds I never have to worry about any aoe on bard I get walloped now and then if not actively watching my range and have to move out of cadence range to avoid some aoe effects. This seems bad to me.

I would definitely love a boost to our healing/damage as it would allow me to go chlor/bard healing pair and never have those moments where I say "DAMN i wish we had a cleric with us" but I usually have a cleric anyway for any of the dungeons that arent super ez mode.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 03-21-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    Honestly I have found the healing I push out with bard to be fine as a support heal as long as the main heal and tank are competent. (Unless you are PuG'ing t2's this should be a given). Virtuoso lets me dump a decent, I mean relatively speaking, amount of healing out in a short amount of time in case a healer gets silenced/feared/stunned/whathaveyou.

I dont know it seems like it serves its purpose pretty well. I really would love them to increase range on the songs to be equivalent to Ranged attacks though. On my ranged builds I never have to worry about any aoe on bard I get walloped now and then if not actively watching my range and have to move out of cadence range to avoid some aoe effects. This seems bad to me.

I would definitely love a boost to our healing/damage as it would allow me to go chlor/bard healing pair and never have those moments where I say "DAMN i wish we had a cleric with us" but I usually have a cleric anyway for any of the dungeons that arent super ez mode.
    You can pretty much do chlor/bard right now --- but it isn't because of the bard.

That's the problem, every "niche" the bard tries to fill, the chloro honestly does it better. Outside of the waste 6 globals every 30 second buffs, but we really need some kind of focused healing at the expense of aoe healing. I just want my fav spec to have some kinda position it can stand alone as, because right now its like rogue melee dps v. warrior melee dps -- there's just no reason to bring one if you have the other.

Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    1 word, 4 syllables

Chloromancer.
    You're kinda coming across as a **** in this thread.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigam1 View Post
    You're kinda coming across as a **** in this thread.
    He's right, though. Especially a chloro/archon, which beats a bard in every conceivable way.

Soulwalker

i use a pvp bard spec sometimes in an instance if the boss is a heal intense fight,

im 34ASSASSIN/32Bard/0infil i just keep my motif twisting, and aoe healing, i dont have the 51pt skill so its not great in 5 mans but the spec is more for greenscale when you need the buffs and the extra dps

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by deathcupcake View Post
    i use a pvp bard spec sometimes in an instance if the boss is a heal intense fight,

im 34ASSASSIN/32Bard/0infil i just keep my motif twisting, and aoe healing, i dont have the 51pt skill so its not great in 5 mans but the spec is more for greenscale when you need the buffs and the extra dps
    hmm, I like cupcakes, but I don't like death. YOUR NAME IS CAUSING ME STRIFE!

Do you really find verse of joy even useful in 5 mans? I run a Bard/RS build for pvp that I'll use in 5mans that's more than adequate.... but I like the 51 pt'er for 20 mans much more than 5 mans.

Sorry I prefer the term health battery.

I can keep going and going.
    Coda Rocklift Bard
    It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by FrankyFastHands View Post
    He's right, though. Especially a chloro/archon, which beats a bard in every conceivable way.
    Yes I aree 100% about bard vs chloro/archon, bards are trash, even in raids. Glad more people are noticing this. Make our buffs stronger and stack or buff our heals please.
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 03-21-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Plane Walker

see there are certain bosses where healers have a hard time. or get silenced or something halfway for a couple of seconds. a bard just can't fill in that spot unless he uses a 2 min cooldown. but if that cd is gone well tough luck but its a wipe. where as a chloromancer can easely fill up that gab. and still does more dmg and if he takes archon with it he will prolly also do a better support roll in debuffing (sure our buffs are just slightely better) but the deabuffs of an archon easely makes up for it.

wich in the ends renders a bard useless.

+ Reply to Thread