+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Proposed changes to improve assassins:

Plane Touched

Default Proposed changes to improve assassins:

So after a little bit of thought, I've come up with some things that might make deep speccing in the assassin soul a bit more attractive.
    I have included some reasoning as to why I think these would be useful buffs.
    Feel free to comment on fixes, particularly whether they would be OP.

1: Poison mastery now increases chance to proc poisons by 20/40/60/80/100 of Phys Crit
    Example: A Rogue with 20% crit and 5 points in Poison Mastery now has a 40% chance to apply poisons.
    Reasoning: Poisons do not scale well, making the poison enhancing talents pretty dull. This should increase poison damage considerably.

2: Poison Potency: Increases poison damage by (0.185/0.370/0.555 for each point above 15 in the assassin tree. Equals +20% at 51 points)
    Reasoning: Makes Poisons hit harder the more points in assassin, at 51 points it ends up being a 5% buff to where it is currently.

3: Leeching Poison also steals 5% movement speed from the target for 10 seconds. Stacks twice.
    Reasoning: Lets face it, Assassins dont have much mobility unless they off spec RS. This results in it being almost impossible to escape a bad situation without Slip Away.
    10% movement speed isnt alot, but since it also applies a 10% debuff on the target it makes you a fair bit faster than them, without being lightning fast.

4: Serpent Strike also adds a 10 second 50% healing debuff. Each incoming direct heal on the target reduces the debuff by 10%
    Reasoning: Speccing deep assassin doesnt really give you any way to combat a target receiving heals. This should alleviate that somewhat without making it an instant death sentence for the target.

Thats it for now, anybody got any comments?

Quote Originally Posted by del'Vhar View Post
    So after a little bit of thought, I've come up with some things that might make deep speccing in the assassin soul a bit more attractive.

1: Poison mastery now increases chance to proc poisons by 20/40/60/80/100 of Phys Crit
    Example: A Rogue with 20% crit and 5 points in Poison Mastery now has a 40% chance to apply poisons.
    Reasoning: Poisons do not scale well, making the poison enhancing talents pretty dull. This should increase poison damage considerably.

2: Poison Potency: Increases poison damage by (0.185/0.370/0.555 for each point above 15 in the assassin tree. Equals +20% at 51 points)
    Reasoning: Makes Poisons hit harder the more points in assassin, at 51 points it ends up being a 5% buff to where it is currently.

3: Leeching Poison also steals 5% movement speed from the target for 10 seconds. Stacks twice.
    Reasoning: Lets face it, Assassins dont have much mobility unless they off spec RS. This results in it being almost impossible to escape a bad situation without Slip Away.
    10% movement speed isnt alot, but since it also applies a 10% debuff on the target it makes you a fair bit faster than them, without being lightning fast.

4: Serpent Strike also adds a 10 second 50% healing debuff. Each incoming direct heal on the target reduces the debuff by 10%
    Reasoning: Speccing deep assassin doesnt really give you any way to combat a target receiving heals. This should alleviate that somewhat without making it an instant death sentence for the target.

i would add:

4: Poision Malice: using this skill no longer breaks stealth. (who in theyre insane mind wastes a GCD on this?)
    5: Expose Weakness now also applies an armor debuff scaling with points spent in Assassin, upto a maximum of 40% (help making tanks a viable target once again, they should not be immune to all dps classes but also means scrub assassin point takers wont benefit fully)
    6: Improved Backstab 2/2, when used from behind ignores 30/40% of targets armor.
    7: Murderous Intent: increases damage by 2/4% and decreases damage taken by 5/10%
    8: Baneful touch in addtiona to increasing damage from poisions, now applies a debuff to the target increasing the chance to be hit with poisions by 5% per combo point max 25%
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oh, yeah, how dare we cite to something that is more accurate than Britannica.
    "Seebs, on Wikipedia's Accuracy"

Honestly the best and easiest change they could do for Assassin is just give us a higher passive crit rate, maybe 10% more after you go so many points into the Assassin tree. Without crits, Sins just hit like little girls.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Assassins need either a better mobility or a more reliable slow, its pretty much impossible doing any pvp without going deep into RS/BD.

Poison damage is pretty "meh" as well, it should receive an overall boost and baneful touch changed to increase the chance of applying poisons (there's already poison malice for more damage).

Backstab is very lackluster and barely better than savage strike, the fact that you can just macro it along with savage strike makes it even more boring. Change it to a burst version of puncture: 10 sec cd, only usable from behind, does at least x3 times the damage of a savage strike and gives 2 combo points.

Magnify pain should work with enduring brew.

Enduring brew off gcd.

Greater essences that proc a hot off heals should work with enduring brew and maybe leeching poison.

Expose weakness is a very boring and lackluster ability, its a waste of gcd unless used before the opener, which gives you away in pvp. Either make it a self buff or take it off gcd.

Incapacitate should have some range, not as much as lost hope but at least 5-10m.

Some sort of movement speed buff while stealthed, opening on someone who's moving is close to impossible without going deep into RS for shadow stalk and hasted time.

A 1 sec snare attached to jagged strike and assassinate, so you actually can hit malicious strike/foul play before the target gets out of range.

A healing debuff would be nice as well.

Make hidden veil/gas bomb/serpent strike more appealing.

Fix slip away to properly apply stealth, not show the "immune" messages and put you into a state of perfect stealth so people can't just tab target you right away.

Shadowlander

aside from the leeching poison applying a speed debuff, the rest of this is ******ed. with baneful touch and poison malice up my poisons hit between 130-150 and proc quite nicely. tack this on with 3 other bleeds and the amount of passive damage you have is ridiculous. and the idiot below you who said poison malice is on gcd needs to read the patch notes because it's def not. SO MUCH BAD.

Doing a a piece by piece fix on assassins is NOT the answer.

All 3 melee souls(assassin, nightblade and bladedancer) as well as both ranged souls are seriously under powered.

Rogues need across the board buffs.

Buff all rogues and then reduce some sab power if you have too to maintain balance.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Quote Originally Posted by tscanlon View Post
    aside from the leeching poison applying a speed debuff, the rest of this is ******ed. with baneful touch and poison malice up my poisons hit between 130-150 and proc quite nicely. tack this on with 3 other bleeds and the amount of passive damage you have is ridiculous. and the idiot below you who said poison malice is on gcd needs to read the patch notes because it's def not. SO MUCH BAD.
    and i suppose your super uber assassin spec does xxxx dps and pwn everyone... or like most people did you only half spec assassin and spec another worthy soul for some real dps?

full assassin build blows for survivability when slip away and bd dodge is on CD.
    our damage is to be frank not upto scratch with other pure dps classes, i can only dream of sab numbers for spamming 2 buttons.

pve does not equal pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oh, yeah, how dare we cite to something that is more accurate than Britannica.
    "Seebs, on Wikipedia's Accuracy"

I don't have an Assassin Role yet but I'd be wary of suggesting any changes to Armour Penetration as it seems quite a few of those mechanics are broken on other Souls (Paragon being the prime example).

The concept you have for Poison Potency would be nice if it where instead applied to Poison Mastery's proc rate. I don't really like the idea of crit affecting the proc rate at all since poison already benefit from crit and that would make it double dip.

I like the 3rd idea alot.

Seems to me it rediculous to ask for more damage and 50% heal debuff together. I would drop that idea completely and focus on tweeking the damage up more.
    Last edited by sleypy; 03-21-2011 at 05:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread