+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's the current FOTM? (PvP)

Default What's the current FOTM? (PvP)

What seems to be the best rogue spec atm? good damage with survivability?

I'm guessing that it's assassin. But the damage just seems so low... ( can't help but think all rogue damage is low because my friend is a warrior and i just watch him get nasty damage left and right)
    I have Acute Paranoid Schizophrenic Dissociative Identity Disorder. So it's not my fault when i do something wrong, it was either him, him, or in some cases her.

It's still Sab. It will always be Sab.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

FOTM?

I would say Bard or Sabo, as they are the most effective souls, the other souls can do good but cant be considered FOTM

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Telaran

Sab and bard are the only souls I ever see in warfronts from other rogues. I like ranger and assassin(not in black gardens though oh god) though.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gastranomick View Post
    What seems to be the best rogue spec atm? good damage with survivability?

I'm guessing that it's assassin. But the damage just seems so low... ( can't help but think all rogue damage is low because my friend is a warrior and i just watch him get nasty damage left and right)
    Warrior's damage is ******edly high ( for a full plated class ), don't use them to compare other DPS's.

Rogues have stealth.
    It's their strength.

Roll a mage and wander around in a PVP contested zone. Then come back to tell us if you think assassins have low damage

Assassin dmg is anything but low in pvp. Still not enough to kill some "tough" healers, but thats because we dont have a decent healing debuff if we dont go deep NB.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 03-19-2011 at 08:46 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

The 2 least souls that are least like the classic fantasy "rogue" are the only 2 that dont suck.

The 3 damage focused melee and the 2 ranged souls all suck for PVP.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Sab and bard are the only souls I ever see in warfronts from other rogues. I like ranger and assassin(not in black gardens though oh god) though.
    I've been assasin almost 100% of the time cept for the one or two times I went bard cause we lacked healer ... but today I bought my 4th spec and took sab and played with it.

I get about 500+ more favor than I used to.

I still prefer assassin but for a change of pace it's nice.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

Rift Master

sab. its sab.

sab has some of the best defense of any soul. a dead opponent does no damage.

also if you know how to play your toon you have some of the best control around.

use it and destroy.

Rift Disciple

Champion
    Sab
    Pyro

never ever had a good cleric in my wf so dunno what there running

thats what i find fotm ;)

Sab is good Vs. PuGs.

But Vs. A good premade who knows how to dispell you can say goodby to half your dmg.

the again they still have really powerful AoE cc too.

sabo can stay FOTM for all i care

in pvp sabo and champ seem to do best but thats only till they run into someone who knows what their doing, then their macro spamming days are numbered....

example: sabo is nothing if u take away what makes it most effective, its dmg

im nightblade main and rip apart both sabos and champs

sabo can throw charges if he wants but NB cooldowns will just reduce the dmg to a scratch or negate it all together

and champs... well Dusk to Dawn loves you

thats as much as I can say, because we dont talk about nightblades...
    Last edited by HyuJun; 03-19-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    FOTM?

I would say Bard or Sabo, as they are the most effective souls, the other souls can do good but cant be considered FOTM
    dont lie to the OP

if you aren't a sab or bard you will get kicked out of premades. that is how bad it is at 50. it gets even worse if you try to run T2 pugs, you MUST be a sab if dps with the ability to go bard for bosses (yes u must be both a sab and bard to get an invite).
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    dont lie to the OP

if you aren't a sab or bard you will get kicked out of premades. that is how bad it is at 50. it gets even worse if you try to run T2 pugs, you MUST be a sab if dps with the ability to go bard for bosses (yes u must be both a sab and bard to get an invite).
    I agree that for PvE you should either be bard or Sab. I dont think the OP asked about PvE.

FotM for PvP is Sab, its not the only viable build for PvP though.

Default ugh..

Depressing news indeed. I don't mind playing bard. I think it's fun to be a support type of class. But sab.. I really do not enjoy playing it. The main reason i made a rogue (and in fact even wanted to play this game in the first place) was because i wanted to play as MM but i think it's safe to say that MM aren't too hot. But even PvE dps as Sab? I just wont do it.

I might be able to stand playing Sab in PvP but i'll probably stick with bard or something if that'll make me the most useful out of the others.

I really hope this changes. I'd like to be able to play a soul i find is actually fun and also be able to do something. T_T
    I have Acute Paranoid Schizophrenic Dissociative Identity Disorder. So it's not my fault when i do something wrong, it was either him, him, or in some cases her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast