+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Ranger still viable for PvE and instances later on?

Soulwalker

Default Is Ranger still viable for PvE and instances later on?

I'm investing in the Ranger tree (have 12 in Bard and 4 in MM).
    It's going fairly well thus far but I am concerned if spending more and more points in the Ranger tree will still pay dividends later on.
    I currently like the ability for my tank pet to take on multiple mobs while I shoot the mobs from range and have my 3 heals to keep the pet alive.
    In instances, my pet can sort of off-tank and my cadences and motif of regen are useful as an additional source of heals not to mention the buffs from my 12 points in bard are nice to have for the group.

However, I need to know if this is this still workable much later on? (I'm only level 29 at present) or should I be looking for alternative builds which are more effective?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Villa; 03-17-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Villa View Post
    I'm investing in the Ranger tree (have 12 in Bard and 4 in MM).
    It's going fairly well thus far but I am concerned if spending more and more points i9n the Ranger tree will still pay dividends later on.
    I currently like the ability for my tank pet to take on multiple mobs while I shoot the mobs from range and have my 3 heals to keep the pet alive.
    Is this still workable much later on? (I'm only level 29 at present).

Thanks.
    I think so, im working on these to, running in experts and doing really good dps.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o0z.V0xMhVxM.V rng/nb/sab

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0z.0iR0xcbqz.V rng/sin/sab
    Drive it like u stole it

To Villa, yes, Ranger is a very viable class to level with. I used a ranger spec until lvl 35, and had no downtime while rifting/questing/grinding. The only reason i changed to assassin, was because i got bored with it, and wanted to change things up. So again, to answer your question, yes, you can go all the way to lvl 50 with Ranger.

I LOVE my Rng spec for levleing and would not trade it for anything. For % mans and if you want to do the most DPS that you can Sab seems to be the way to go and I have yet to see anyone get a Rng spec to get close to it . I hope they buff the other rogue souls so we dont have to run bard or Sab to be liked by groups but who knows.

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

Telaran

WTB pet attack without a cooldown, like BM cats.

I can tell you that if our tank dies in T1s the boss comes straight for me next. This is over a full T1 purples with runes sin/bd and the main cleric heals. I have 2 purples and the rest are AP/CC blues. Build is below. Use raptor pet. Hellfire blades and Feral Instincts buffs. Pierce armor >4 Quick shot > Headshot. 5 QS > HS until PS needs refresh. Pop your 51 point ability if you don't have the damage buff up.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...fuekskqz.V0xMh
    "Meet me in the shadows and I'll show you the depths of darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by CanOfHats View Post
    WTB pet attack without a cooldown, like BM cats.
    What he said, or perhaps - throwing a bone out - a pet training tree. Ugh I hate to be like WoW but it did what it did very well.
    Ruranak - Cleric - Greybriar - Guardian :: Sacred Haven

ASrock p67 Extreme6 - i7-2600K @ 4.80Ghz O.C. - 8GB XMS3 - 2x HD6970 - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
    Antec Lanboy Blue - 80GB SSD

+ Reply to Thread