+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: clearly everyone is doing it wrong

Soulwalker

Default clearly everyone is doing it wrong

at level 19 i had 19 points in assasin and the few remainder in bladedancer. in pvp i could come up behind any class, get off my stun into a puncture and then any attack and then pull out my finisher. no one even level 19 warriors survived this and if they did it was with barely enough hp to run for a second before i smacked them. im assuming most people think the class is broken because they put points into multiple souls instead of one? or not stacking dex like no tomorrow for crit? please tell me how u think u have low damage cuz im level 24 now and i still have yet to feel like anything was outdamaging me or had as much pvp utility. i love rogue, and assasination is beast for pvp. >: D

Shield of Telara

clearly lvl 10-20 PvP is what everyone is talking about. You know the part of the game where none of the classes have many of their abilities and mostly all play similarly. Also 10-20 PvP is clearly where you find the best pvp'ers with the most experience with their class knowing how to play it best.

anyway. WTT.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 03-17-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashin View Post
    at level 19 i had 19 points in assasin and the few remainder in bladedancer. in pvp i could come up behind any class, get off my stun into a puncture and then any attack and then pull out my finisher. no one even level 19 warriors survived this and if they did it was with barely enough hp to run for a second before i smacked them. im assuming most people think the class is broken because they put points into multiple souls instead of one? or not stacking dex like no tomorrow for crit? please tell me how u think u have low damage cuz im level 24 now and i still have yet to feel like anything was outdamaging me or had as much pvp utility. i love rogue, and assasination is beast for pvp. >: D
    I am lvl 50 and I agree, 1 vs 1 ill fight anyone and I can win. might lose at first due to not know who I am about to fight ( usually won't) but 2nd time its a different story. I try to go after 2 people at once sometimes for the challenge. Open world pvp we are just sick good if you ask me. I go full 51 in sin for the serpent strike, not sure i can go without it now.
    I gank, get over it.

Soulwalker

actually alot of the comments so far were low levels of up to 26 that ive read. all im saying is i dont think rogues are weak at all atleast not assasination spec. having stuns+poisons+mobility limiters easily makes up for low special attack damage imo. i was saying im 24 now and i dont feel weaker than anything aside from maybe clerics. i dont see me having a problem end game either i like the utility and stealth is a lifesaver.

I have been excited to try Serpeant strike. I am not confident that I will want to give up my other goodies to have it, but I'm gonna give it a go. Overall, though I agree. We are wicked.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

Soulwalker

not to mention Dodge>Armor

Shadowlander

Oh brother. Once you hit 50 and get wtf pwnt by warriors, sabs, and other specs come back and lets have a new discussion on assassins in group pvp. Until then stop wasting everyone's time, inlcuding yours and go level.

Shield of Telara

you are right. a lot of the whining about rogues in this game, alteast in the lower lvl brackets which you are referring to, comes from people with experience in games where rogue = 2 button win in pvp. Stun lock and burn them. That is where most the whiners come from. But that being said making statements like dodge > armor is patently false. A warriors armor is atleast 3x what yours is and your dodge is maybe 50% higher than his. The amount of extra armor he has over you is vastly superior to the amount of dodge you have over him.

I am by no means saying that warriors have an innate advantage due to this (as there are tons of abilities that ignore armor and get around being magic based, etc) but dodge is not better than more armor. Also the higher you go the more the discrepancy grows.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 03-17-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ministry View Post
    Oh brother. Once you hit 50 and get wtf pwnt by warriors, sabs, and other specs come back and lets have a new discussion on assassins in group pvp. Until then stop wasting everyone's time, inlcuding yours and go level.
    warriors wont pwn me if they cant catch me >: D while i dance around happily stacking my poisons. i havent lost to a warrior yet and i dont plan to ^_^

Uhhh, stunlock ?
    Just about 5 minutes ago, i tried ganking a Warrior who was lvl 45 and me being 46, got behind him, paralyzing strike -> puncture -> final blow -> stun... and quess what, didn't stun.

2nd time I tried it, same thing happened. The other stun should be 100% hit because otherwise every class kicks our ***, like they do, im 32pts sin/ 10 NB / and rest in Riftstalker, and i havent once gotten a clear kill out of stealth.

Everytime i try ganking or killing someone, they get me before i can say " pooptypeuptypants ", the fact that every class has stable damage and skills with 2k crits isn't funny as I only crit 1200 dmg max at a warrior, but then i waste my precious points what could've been used to cast a DOT finisher, sins should get DOTs to all finishers so we could actually start doing something else than sucking balls.

It's not the great who are the strong, it's the strong who are the great !

I promised myself I'd never, ever, ever say this but......

but..................

GAH!

Get to 50.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Finkle View Post
    I have been excited to try Serpeant strike. I am not confident that I will want to give up my other goodies to have it, but I'm gonna give it a go. Overall, though I agree. We are wicked.
    Right now I am in all blues so my damage is not anywhere near its potential at 50, but in a bg where i will open with a stun to help lock down an ******* so other can hit i can do about 2,500 damage in 2-3 seconds with some crits, this increased if i open with a damage abillity, but thats situational. Granted if you go full 51 in sin tree....you are going to be hard pressed to get out of stuns. I don't worry about being kited so much as i took ranger for the AP buff and crit %. Helps with the ranged snare to catch right back up.
    I gank, get over it.

And when you're stunned from Bull Rush and then crit'd for half your health in a single Titan's Strike before you get your first skill off, does it still go so well for you?

My Rogue does well enough in Assassin or Nightblade mode when I can control and choose the fight. But, we don't always have that luxury.

Soulwalker

i guess my point is in a face to face fight with a warrior yeah ur not gonna do much but thats why we have alot of fancy tricks. in any game if ur out of stealth and without the preparations and ur a rogue u get smacked. its about playing dirty and thinking ahead. i played rogue on wow for a few years and its pretty much exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    And when you're stunned from Bull Rush and then crit'd for half your health in a single Titan's Strike before you get your first skill off, does it still go so well for you?

My Rogue does well enough in Assassin or Nightblade mode when I can control and choose the fight. But, we don't always have that luxury.
    The same goes for the warrior that is ganking your buddy and oops......you show up and he goes down all flustered. Goes both ways. An assassin caught out of stealth should die if he fights most times, get away and reset.
    I gank, get over it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast