+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Creation Question

Soulwalker

Default Rogue Creation Question

All,

After watching my Wife play this game and having been an MMO player since EQ1 I think I am gonna roll a Rogue in this game but I have a question to ask anyone with experience with this class in this game.

I am interested in creating a Backstabbing Rogue with Hard hitting openers and finishing moves (basicly a rogue who makes someone say WTF just happened to me in pvp).

My question is this. It seems like the best souls to use for this would be Sin/Sabo. Is this true and also how heavily should I be into each soul?

Please keep in mind that I have never even played this game and I am totally aware that this is a noob question so keep the gay leet flaming to a minimum.

Thanks!!!!
    Last edited by Brooka; 03-17-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Telaran

Assassin is the only Rogue soul that gets benefits or a specific ability that requires being behind the target, so you will probably want to start there. Assassin also has a variety of openers that can only be used from stealth, such as the classic Assassinate ability, as well as a bleed and a 4 second stun.

After Assassin, you could pick up Nightblade, which gives you such openers as Dark Malady that increases your damage by 20% for 8 seconds, and must be used from stealth.

Unfortunately, after opening and finishing moves, Assassin and Nightblades alike lack burst damage. Saboteurs require building up charges and combo points before even doing any damage, so you can sometimes go 5 seconds without doing any damage before you blow someone up. A saboteur has the highest hitting abilities, but they require a lot of preparation.

I very much enjoy my Assassin and Nightblade combos, for sustained and consistent damage with heavy finishers. Take a look at my DPS builds below if you're interested in seeing my specific layouts.

Soulwalker

Thank You very much for the info!

+ Reply to Thread