+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marksmen 51/NB/AS

Default Marksmen 51/NB/AS

I been reading alot on theses forums that for PvE taking Marksme to 51 is less dmg vs using assassin for its dmg buffs to crit.

After testing it I found it odd that so many people could be wrong.

The build I been using is http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tRqdAudR.V0xMh

I understand sabo does better dmg but I just hate the way it plays & I like Marksmen.

I hear people saying the 30% dmg buff from the marksmen is useless in fight but im clearig T1/T2 no problem & I am able to use it more then 95% of the time.

There are a few fight that you are forced to move 24/7 but theses bosses are not about dmg they are about staying alive.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by RJTravis View Post
    I been reading alot on theses forums that for PvE taking Marksme to 51 is less dmg vs using assassin for its dmg buffs to crit.

After testing it I found it odd that so many people could be wrong.

The build I been using is http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tRqdAudR.V0xMh

I understand sabo does better dmg but I just hate the way it plays & I like Marksmen.

I hear people saying the 30% dmg buff from the marksmen is useless in fight but im clearig T1/T2 no problem & I am able to use it more then 95% of the time.

There are a few fight that you are forced to move 24/7 but theses bosses are not about dmg they are about staying alive.
    Neat, so you're doing 250ish dps and getting carried through content?

Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    Neat, so you're doing 250ish dps and getting carried through content?
    No & why are you jumping to that?

I do avg 700+ dps unbuffed
    Last edited by RJTravis; 03-17-2011 at 10:52 AM.

I don't really see how it's "wrong".

20% more damage

OR

5% more crit
    4% more damage
    10% more damage after you crit (goes up early and stays up the whole fight)
    20% harder crits (which are 1 out of every 3 or 4 hits)

Wouldn't this at least equal out if not tip in the favor of the Assassin? I think over a lengthy fight, the second one would do more overall damage.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

Champion

Well congratulations, you're the only person in the world pulling those numbers with that spec. I'd LOVE to see any evidence of that btw, 3+ min parse on a target dummy should suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Finkle View Post
    I don't really see how it's "wrong".

20% more damage

OR

5% more crit
    4% more damage
    10% more damage after you crit (goes up early and stays up the whole fight)
    20% harder crits (which are 1 out of every 3 or 4 hits)

Wouldn't this at least equal out if not tip in the favor of the Assassin? I think over a lengthy fight, the second one would do more overall damage.
    Yea I would at least but those extra points into Sin if you want to stick with the 51 points in MM and if you enjoy 51MM then more power to you I say. Hell if you have a good steady guild group or group of friends and they are cool with whatever you run go for it I say!

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

This is BS. Maybe for 30< seconds with all cool downs. Not over a few minute parse.
    Last edited by Xanax; 03-17-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanax View Post
    This is BS. Maybe for 30< seconds with all cool downs. Not over a few minute parse.
    eh I feel you are talking out of your butt or your in all green lol.

if you think MM cant do my dmg lol.

Also NB dmg out plays assassin also when you add in the 51 point from MM I do 45% more dmg on crits vs 20% 30% from MM 15% from NB on all my attacks not just crits too.

I also get 8% more dmg from NB so its 53% more dmg. easily over takes assassin

Champion

eh I feel you are talking out of your butt or your in all green lol.

if you think MM cant do my dmg lol.

Also NB dmg out plays assassin also when you add in the 51 point from MM I do 45% more dmg on crits vs 20% 30% from MM 15% from NB on all my attacks not just crits too.

I also get 8% more dmg from NB so its 53% more dmg. easily over takes assassin
    I have full t2 weapons with mostly t2 blues and epics and the numbers you're claiming are frankly impossible. You can think you're doing whatever damage you want, but you're probably wrong. I'd love to see a parse show otherwise as I'd LOVE to play this spec but the numbers show, Sabo Ranged > Heavy Ranger > MM

I'd love it to be otherwise as I really love Marksman, but the fact of the matter is the last beta overnerfed this spec.
    Last edited by sano; 03-17-2011 at 11:38 AM.

You aren't getting me. KEEP the points in Nightblade. Drop the crap points out of MM. Put them in Assassin in the abilities I listed. Your damage will go up.
    Vanguard

Champion

You aren't getting me. KEEP the points in Nightblade. Drop the crap points out of MM. Put them in Assassin in the abilities I listed. Your damage will go up.
    You shut your dwarf mouth, he's doing 700+ dps with 51pts in marks! JEEEEEEEEEEEez.

You shut your dwarf mouth...

You didn't just go there.

Tell me you didn't just go there.

Vanguard

Champion

You didn't just go there.

Tell me you didn't just go there.

OH ITS ALREADY BEEN BROUGHT-en.

I have full t2 weapons with mostly t2 blues and epics and the numbers you're claiming are frankly impossible. You can think you're doing whatever damage you want, but you're probably wrong. I'd love to see a parse show otherwise as I'd LOVE to play this spec but the numbers show, Sabo Ranged > Heavy Ranger > MM

I'd love it to be otherwise as I really love Marksman, but the fact of the matter is the last beta overnerfed this spec.
    how do i get the info off the parser into a text I can post here?

It reads

Name Deltasix damage (50794) DPS (507) %raid D (100) High ability (1770) deadeye

had some unlucky RNG with crit didnt get one over 2k ):

My dps when I stopped attacking was at 673 it dropped on the RJ meter because I'm still in combat after I stop attacking so it falls like a truck as normal as your no longer attacking.

happy to post the full log if you tell me how.

I was taking long enough for my 3min 30% dmg buff to fade i would say i attacked for 4min before I stopped so that 1min - the 30% dmg buff to.

Rift Disciple

Uh... 50.7k damage... 507 dps... simple math tells me you attacked for almost precisely 100 seconds, or less than 2 minutes. You did this on a training dummy that allows you to sit in one spot and never lose the benefit of Marksman's Pedastal. In reality, in just about any expert encounter, this is a near impossibility as a (significant) amount of movement is required. All cooldowns, plus resetting cooldowns and using them again over the course of a whopping 1 minute 40 second encounter does not even remotely indicate your dps. Even if you remained in combat for 10 seconds, it would have only devalued your dps by 10%, or in this case at most 50dps. So you are attacking in a completely ideal situation with a frontloaded class for a minimal duration combat and still doing sub-par damage.

Congratulations, sir.

*Edit* If your DPS was really 673 when you stopped attacking, then your DPS devalued by roughly 30% which means you were attacking for far less than 100 seconds, or more like 70 seconds (Barely over a minute) and that even further skews the numbers in favor of a frontloaded class.
    Last edited by Xilrasis; 03-17-2011 at 12:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast