+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Assasin/Rifstalker/?

Default Assasin/Rifstalker/?

For World PvP specifically, well let's just say PvP all together, which is the best 3rd spec along side with Assasin/RiftStalker?
    And why......

Well..

Blade Dancer for Side Steps has been really nice, but I think once you have a high enough prestige to get Anathema, Infiltrator will be better.

How many points are you thinking of putting in Riftstalker and Assassin? I'd love to help ya! I am a world roaming Assassin myself, so let's do this!
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

Quote Originally Posted by Finkle View Post
    How many points are you thinking of putting in Riftstalker and Assassin? I'd love to help ya! I am a world roaming Assassin myself, so let's do this!
    Sorry for taking long to reply. I'm not realy sure how many points to put in, I'm on the lines of 32 Assasin and 20 RiftStalker. Im not that well known with this class as I have put most of my exeperience into Marksman in all the betas so somebody with more experience such as yourself would be great!

Shadowlander

I only base my opinion from posts, as I am no where near end game...BUT

I plan to PvP as Sin/RS

My 3rd soul will be Sab for the range AE snare you get with 0 points in the line. It's great.

I originally thought of BD for 3rd but Im now convinced that NB is the way to go. place 8 points into it. Gives you 15% dmg to point generating abilities, 9% dmg to finishers, and a ranged sap. Or in your case i think you'll have more than 8 points left over so go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by RIFT Predator View Post
    For World PvP specifically, well let's just say PvP all together, which is the best 3rd spec along side with Assasin/RiftStalker?
    And why......
    I thought I should also add a link to the Assasin and RiftStalker Trees.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Mz.0ARcxobqd0o
    Last edited by RIFT Predator; 03-18-2011 at 05:38 AM.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...sfoddR.V0x.V0x

I'm 50, and have had pretty good success with this build.

Without going a little heavier into Sin, you are missing quite a few KEY things like Crit modifiers, "oh sht" moments that need CC, and just overall maximization of the class's DPS that help this class soooo much.

You don't have to go quite as far as 46 like I do, but you need a little more imo.

Kind of a funny aspect about one skill I chose to get, is Enduring Brew. The ONLY way to get unstuck from a place, is to spam that until you die. I've gotten squirrled into terrain more times than I can remember, and this is the only way to get out, in a WF situation. lol
    Last edited by Wheeler; 03-18-2011 at 06:19 AM.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...sfoddR.V0x.V0x

I'm 50, and have had pretty good success with this build.

Without going a little heavier into Sin, you are missing quite a few KEY things like Crit modifiers, "oh sht" moments that need CC, and just overall maximization of the class's DPS that help this class soooo much.

You don't have to go quite as far as 46 like I do, but you need a little more imo.

Kind of a funny aspect about one skill I chose to get, is Enduring Brew. The ONLY way to get unstuck from a place, is to spam that until you die. I've gotten squirrled into terrain more times than I can remember, and this is the only way to get out, in a WF situation. lol
    Thanks for the advice mate!

Soulwalker

Ranger, I prefer attacking at range though(riftstalker keeps me at range) and pets are fun. Plus having a almost constant 50% crit rate is just nasty.

Warriors - they bull rush me, I phase away, and kite.

Mage - No armor, crits hurt them like hell.

Rogues - Melee rogues are just the same as warriors just squishier, phase and kite. Ranged rogues, I out crit them.

Clerics - usually just comes down to outbursting their heals, hope for lots of crits! Which is pretty often haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SaviorSelph View Post
    Ranger, I prefer attacking at range though(riftstalker keeps me at range) and pets are fun. Plus having a almost constant 50% crit rate is just nasty.

Rogues - Melee rogues are just the same as warriors just squishier, phase and kite. Ranged rogues, I out crit them.

Clerics - usually just comes down to outbursting their heals, hope for lots of crits! Which is pretty often haha.
    I'm actually trying to avoid pets to be honest as pets cannot stealth. I mean I could open with a pet but for an Assasin, Stealth is crucial,however I can tell my pet to stay say, behind a tree but thats a little bit of work to kill one person. The only thing ranged abilities would be good for is like you said, kiting and also like you said , I've already got RiftStalker for that. I might end up with that build. I don't know right now but thanks

Telaran

Default I'm thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by SaviorSelph View Post

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ftobodbo.E0b0z

For Sprint + Interrupt (That's off GCD, has an attached 5 second silence, and only a 10 second cooldown). That + 4 Teleports and the DPS Abilities of the Sin Tree, along with the post teleport crit bonus and damage bonus of the RS tree.

Plus, since I run with a Bard all the time, the 6% Healing will help out. I'm toying with putting those 6 points on that tier into Endurance and armor instead... not sure yet.

Plane Touched

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...boz.ebzAzoRo0d

Excelent mobility, really punchy with the ability to ramp it up even further and a great assortment of tools to deal with pretty much anyone. Main attacks are backstab when possible, the usual bladedancer combo rotation and deadly strike. Macro'ing Poison Malice and Blade Tempo to the same button is fantastic... not that one really benefits the other, but hey, why the **** not, right? The extra energy is awesome on the build to a second finisher but you can swap around Deadly Dance and Combat Efficiency if you're still feeling a little energy starved.

Insta-clerics and power squirrels can still give me trouble but I'm fine with that.
    Last edited by food; 03-18-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Soulwalker

I'm currently running:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ddR.V0xf0q.V0x

Working out OK in PvP so far.

I was messing around with infiltrator, but then I realized something.

Tier 1 Infil: 5 points for 10% armor pen.
    Tier 2 Infil: 5 points for 10% more phys damage.

Then I thought of Nightblade.

10 points gets you another sap that's ranged, a ranged spammable ability, and 15% more damage to CP generators and finishers. Sure it doesn't count auto-attacks or poisions, but the Infil stuff doesn't affect poisons, and auto attack damage is so pitiful, who cares?

Just make a cast backstab, cast savage strike macro and you're fine.

First, the build you made looks pretty bad and i see you didn't spend all the points so maybe i didn't read the older posts, but anyway i recommand blade dancer for third soul for the side steps, can be very good.
    by the way i talked to this :

Quote Originally Posted by RIFT Predator View Post
    I thought I should also add a link to the Assasin and RiftStalker Trees.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Mz.0ARcxobqd0o
    Last edited by Jellyrabbit; 03-18-2011 at 10:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast